Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 5:10:23 PM EDT
Basically I'm looking for what the title says.  Think of it as a baby monitor on steroids.

I'd like to have a camera that wirelessly transmits a high resolution picture to a flat screen TV in another part of my building.

If I could record off of it as well that would be a plus - but not a necessity.

So, what would you guys suggest that I should be looking into?

ETA - will a smart TV be able to pick up the stream from an IP camera?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a cheap smartphone with a decent camera.

Might have to add a chromecast or the like to your TV if it doesn't already incorporate a wireless streaming applet.

The phone will shoot (and record, if you want) and it will display to your TV.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If your smart tv has a Web browser on it, then you should be able to pick it up.  You need to be able to go to the IP camera's IP address.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If you go with a Samsung TV, get a late model samsung cell phone at it will natively stream straight to the TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top