Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:24:44 AM EDT
So who makes a good one, and what  is everyone using??
Going to building a (room) and it will need door!!
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the popular ones on here.

https://www.sturdysafe.com/collections/2419-colletions/products/vault-door
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Sturdy vault door. Good door, good price.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Fort Knox  Best in my opinion.  Not the cheapest though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a TL rated door.  Hard to find and expensive but over the years the amount of money you will have in that room will be 20-50 times that much.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a TL rated door.  Hard to find and expensive but over the years the amount of money you will have in that room will be 20-50 times that much.
View Quote
In my opinion, anything rated TL-15/30 by UL is going to be much heavier duty than the non-rated doors. The constitution methods tend to involve lots of thick steel plate and strong bolt work. Just remember that the vault walls probably need to be poured reinforced concrete to match the protection provided by a rated vault door. A vault should be a system without obvious weaklinks.

If you're shopping in this segment of the market then Brown and Graffunder might also be worth looking at.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Also interested in other's thoughts.

What size and specs did you go with on the door?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top