Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 9:00:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at Netgear Arlo?  A simple solution that fits your described needs. Three or four threads have been posted on the product.

One cam Arlo Smart Home - 1 HD Camera $160 delivered from Amazon
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wasn't a concern raised about the Arlo battery life?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasn't a concern raised about the Arlo battery life?
View Quote

Depends on the intended use, the Arlo is a good system but if it gets heavy use the batteries will drain fast. They have a new powered (AC) model, the Q I believe. Best to search and read the pros/cons in the 3 or 4 long Arlo threads.

one

two

There are a couple more but I posted two from a quick search.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If your considering a IP camera you can look at the Vivotek FD816C-HF2   I have one I bought as a demo and so far I'm really happy with it.   Hikvision shows a similar model also but I have not had my hands on one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top