Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 3:26:02 PM EDT
I want to put up cameras inside my mothers house since she fell and broke her leg and also to send my daughter to use as a baby monitor.  There's a lot to read about different models but I'm looking for personal input on what you've bought and can recommend.

I've looked a baby monitors but kind of expensive.  I like the idea of being able to look in on my grandson from miles away on my phone.  I also want to keep an eye on my mother when I'm not there and also look in on the home health providers that will go by from time to time.

Thanks for looking.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The hikvision cube camera is great. Impressive night vision and two way audio.

Paired up with their IVMS application for remote viewing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
FOSCAM C1  works for me
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FOSCAM C1  works for me
View Quote

I used to recommend Foscam too, I no longer do.

One of mine died within a few months, to make a warranty claim YOU have to pay the shipping back to them. The replacement (I assume it was a factory refurb) was DOA and they made ME pay the shipping back to them a 2nd time. The next replacement died a few months later just outside the original warranty window and they wouldn't do anything about it.

I don't know how much better the other companies are but I can't imagine them being any worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top