Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 3:56:32 AM EDT
Brand new Cannon CA33 model safe was delivered today. Shipped to Alaska via ocean... not easy to just call up and return.

It has Cannon's "EMP proof lock" with both an electronic combination and a dial combination. The electric lock beeps as if the combination is accepted and I can hear an electronic motor move... but the bolts wont spin free to open the door.  While attempting to open via dial combination, it turns right to stop, feels kind of mushy and with a little effort you can turn the dial it past stop. Let off the tension and then it pushes itself back. Still will not open.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Day 1?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Canon with a keypad and it is very finicky about the speed that I enter the combo.  Too fast or slow, won't open.

But I have not had the problem of hearing the mechanism move without it opening like you state.

Try light taps around the mechanism with a deadblow hammer as its trying to do it's thing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Have you tried to contact retailer or manufacture?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Try holding tension against the lever when you enter the combo, sometimes the linkage is resting against the lock bolt and the motor cant move it. Holding tension on the lever pushes the linkage off the bolt.

If that doesnt work (try pushing both ways) then the next step is call the manufacturer. Could be warranty claim time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It's brand new and under warranty.  I'm sure Cannon and/or your dealer will be happy to send somebody out to take care of it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
dude talk to the freaking manufacturer what the hell do you expect us to do
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
dude talk to the freaking manufacturer what the hell do you expect us to do
View Quote

Go easy guy.
He was understandably very frustrated and probably asked on the hope someone with a similar safe could help walk him through this due to this issue with those safes are not so unheard of.
At the end of many days it will finally be Cannon to the rescue.
Sort of.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Ryan will give you a FT Knox at cost if you pry or cut it open.

At least I think that was the deal.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#9]
This may sound silly but did you try changing the 9v battery of the electronic lock? Sometimes those safes sit for a while and the battery it comes with isn't fresh. I guess despite the fact that the lock clicks and is functional sometimes it just doesn't have the juice to magnetically retract the bolt all the way. Try it with a fresh Duracell or Energizer 9v and see if it kicks open...

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:46:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Was able to get it open! Had the "emp lock" and apparently the dial had to be set a certain way for the electronic combo to work
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:47:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anymore details on this? I just might do it
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#12]
PULL
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go back and try to find the thread. Then contact Ryan to see if deal is still on.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was able to get it open! Had the "emp lock" and apparently the dial had to be set a certain way for the electronic combo to work
View Quote

Hmm

Pics of the inside?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top