Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 11:39:47 AM EDT
My mom is looking for a safe for a pistol and jewelry. She wants something small but good that can be bolted into a concrete floor.
Something around the size of this Amsec AM2020E5.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If the value of the jewelry exceeds a few thousand dollars, I wouldn't use that particular safe.

"good safe" will be relative to the types of items being stored (known), and their value (unknown).  Although that safe may be good for a few small pieces of jewelry, it would not be good for $100,000 worth.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Although that safe may be good for a few small pieces of jewelry, it would not be good for $100,000 worth.
View Quote

No where near that much jewelry, I'd say under $30k. She doesn't mind spending the cash on a good safe though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
At the $30K mark I would suggest a fire/burglary type of safe.  There are several options out there, but since you're already familiar with AMSEC I would look at their BF or CSC lines to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider used.  In smaller sizes like that, TL rated safes are more common and you can typically get a used one for a good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top