Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 6:14:08 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with this company?

I ordered a safe from them on November 3 and was told it will be here in 2-3 weeks.  I called today and it hasn't left their shop yet...  I was told that it "should ship next week".  When I ask about the delay they said that they have been busy and haven't had time to get it out.  

Cause for concern or should I give it a little more time?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a legit company.  Kinda surprised at this.  Are you buying used? If it's something new and they don't ship soon, cancel and go some place else.  

If it's in stock, I wouldn't accept "should" ship either, they should be able to give you the date the freight company is scheduled to pick it up, what carrier and thier contact info to arrange deliver.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of legitimate safe companies located between Kansas and New Jersey.  It's easier to handle these types of transactions face to face, especially considering that what your are buying will likely need somebody to install anyway.  

Lacka sent me on a job once.  "Flat delivery" of a multi thousand pound safe.  After getting it up the 45 degree hill, we unwrapped it, dialed it open, and the handle fell off when opening it.  Seems somebody forgot to bolt it together.  I have never had those types of problems when dealing with local customers.  It's only the internet deals which turn out that way, which is why we no longer deal with them.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It is one of their "showroom floor" Original models.  When I ordered it I requested that the electronic lock be changed with a new dial one. They said to give them a day or two to change it and then it would ship.  That was on the 3rd...
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Even with the modification, seems too long for a safe they have in stock. Makes me wonder if it's beat up from being a floor model and they are having to repaint or otherwise repair it first.

If you still want it and they won't give you a firm date, cancel and go else where.  They aren't the only place in the US that carries that brand.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I have purchased two six sided safes from Lacka. I would say in general they are disorganized and I think they may sell stuff they don't have in stock yet...and since the stuff ships from overseas it can take a while.

Bear in mind while others may sell the safes, Lacka owns the Original brand. It is an old company out of Yugoslavia that was started by the father or grandfather of the owner of Lacka Safe. They moved manufacturing to China about 10 to 15 years ago or so when Yugoslavia was falling apart.

Which Original model are you looking at? Some of their models are better than others.

---Aaron

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top