Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:59:03 PM EDT
I have a Mosler GSA safe and want to bolt it down.

The bottom of the safe is basically a stand that's welded to the rest of the safe. Like here:

There are four feet that have threaded holes on the bottom for securing the safe, but they are turned inwards. Here's a quick model to show you what i mean.

Since those are inaccessible when the safe is down I can't use them as is. I had thought about some steel plate 'feet' that come out and pickup floor anchors. My heart burn with that is then my four fastener heads out out in the open.

Any other ideas?
If I have to go that method I think I'll go with some of these secure nuts:

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The drawer doesn't come out to access the holes?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The drawer doesn't come out to access the holes?
View Quote

Nah, its not like that. The bottom of the safe portion is just like in my little model shows. Just solid steel. Pulling the drawer would just let me look at the top of that sandwich material (or solid steel, not sure the composition).
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a welder?  Could just put some anchors in and tack the bolt on top.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have a welder?  Could just put some anchors in and tack the bolt on top.
View Quote

I do have a welder. But I don't think I'm following you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have a welder?  Could just put some anchors in and tack the bolt NUT on top.

Correction above. Anchor the safe using something like these wedge anchors and after you tighten down the nut, use the welder to tack the nut to the anchor so it cannot be removed like this nut to keep anyone from removing it with a wrench.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, that makes sense. Solid idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top