Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 2:44:20 AM EDT
Hi everyone,
I'm awaiting delivery of a Liberty fatboy jr & am mulling over placement right now. I haven't seen this model in person, so was wondering if I needed some gap between the right side of the safe & wall to be able to get the entire movement of the door swing.

I realize that any gap between the safe & the wall will reduce security, but the drywall will have an inch gap anyway because of the construction of the wall/floor interface(drywall to concrete garage). Anyway, looking to maximize my ease of getting in & out of the safe. I'm guessing all liberty safes would be similar in this - do the doors open past 90 degrees?

Thanks,
--Varun
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
About 6".  This will allow the door to stop on its own without the handles hitting your wall.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top