BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:24:36 PM EDT
Any advice?

Wes
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Drake Safes in Roxboro, NC.  Greg Drake will make any size you want. 1/4" plate on all sides.  Great safes! I think I have a scan of their brochure if you need more info.

Another thread with info on Drake safes
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
What always seems to be a problem is moving a safe. Maybe design a take down safe that is held together by deadbolts or something. You could unlock the pieces and move them easier or add on to it and make it bigger.

My current safe is a sturdy gun safe, which is 3/8in thick steel all the way around.  I can't recommend them enough. They have great customer service and their prices aren't bad.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I need  something that's about 74" tall 32" deep and 34" wide but the exact specs are more precise.

I am not sold on Drake Safe's lack of a door seal.  Their sales pitch of pinching a flyer in the door and telling you to try to pull it out shows a total lack of understanding behind door seals or it's a cover for not wanting to deal with installing seals properly and they hope customers don't know any better.

Of the few companies that gave me quotes, I'm having a hard time finding something that doesn't seem like it's  priced out to the point it sounds like a fool and his money type quote....8,000-10,000.

Wes
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Sturdy Safe.I've got one and love mine.Thicker steel and tighter tolerances than just about anybody else in the same price range.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Give vault pro a call
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top