Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2014 1:39:24 PM EDT
I have a spot in my office about 24"x24" and have been looking hard at the Champion Safe Model TY-19 (Trophy Model).
Does anyone know of or have dealt with any safe companies that has good prices and can freight the safe to me. I would prefer out of the state of FL to avoid the Tax but it may equal it considering the freight charges.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not had one shipped but I know West Coast Safes in Cali ships those.
Also Utah Safe Outlet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mexican felons (prisoners), probably many of them gang members, will be happy to drop ship you a Champion directly from the Mexican prison where they are manufactured.  Don't be surprised if they get the safes mixed up, and send you the one full of illegal drugs.  Somebody will be by to get them.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Mexican felons (prisoners), probably many of them gang members, will be happy to drop ship you a Champion directly from the Mexican prison where they are manufactured.  Don't be surprised if they get the safes mixed up, and send you the one full of illegal drugs.  Somebody will be by to get them.  
View Quote
I heard that about being made in Mexico, but given the footprint I have in my office I am limited on my options. Max is 24" x 24"

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be worried about it coming from Mexico.  There's nothing inherently wrong with imported safes.  I would however be worried about the Mexican prisoners sending you a safe full of drugs.  A security business.  Hiring felons.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08/ohio-man-orders-empty-gun-safe-finds-300-pounds-of-pot-inside/

An Ohio man expected the gun safe he ordered online to be empty, police said. But instead, he found $425,000-worth of tightly wrapped marijuana bricks inside.

“I’ve been in law enforcement for 47 years and I’ve never seen anything like this,” Shelby County, Ohio, Sheriff John L. Lenhart said. ”It’s quite effective if you think about it: wrapped airtight to withstand high temperatures. Drug-sniffing dogs probably couldn’t smell it.”

It turned out the gun safes were manufactured by Champion Safe Co. in Nogales, Mexico, packaged by local inmates and shipped north, police said.  “Someplace between Mexico and the warehouse in Northern Ohio, the drugs got mixed up and put in the wrong safe and got delivered to the wrong person,” Lenhart said.    
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW I think Champion only has these assembled in Mexico and they actually send the parts from here to there and then ship the assembled safes back.

If you really want a US only model I think their higher end lines are built here. Turner's Outdoorsman usually has some on the floor in their stores if you have one nearby. I WOULD NOT purchase from West Coast Safe because of a bait/switch experience I had with them.

If you really need a custom size, try Sturdy Safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top