Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 10:05:15 PM EDT
I have a Liberty Fatboy Jr. and am in need of some light.

I want to go battery powered with a door switch. That's really my only stipulations.

Go!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the FAT boy. I'd like to hear opinion on led light also. The two light that came with the safe pretty much suck. It was thinking about led rope lights.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks! After scrolling around that thread I went with the Max My Safe kit. Should be here so,sti me next week, will report back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I built something similar to the max my safe kit, except I used a magnetic switch to turn the light on and off with the safe door. That took some trial and error to line the magnets up correctly, but nothing too difficult. If that velcro on the LED's don't work, I used a staple gun and stapled the strip to my safe.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Took me literally 10 minutes to install. Hardest part was trying to hide the wires, I only did a half decent job at it, will have to work on it later.

Very happy with the results, def recommend the Max my safe kit. I got the (2) 48" + (1) 20" kit.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Took me literally 10 minutes to install. Hardest part was trying to hide the wires, I only did a half decent job at it, will have to work on it later.

Very happy with the results, def recommend the Max my safe kit. I got the (2) 48" + (1) 20" kit.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2v31v1e.jpg
View Quote

I agree.
I have the same light kit.
I finally decided to get away from the battery pack with mine and bought the adaptor and motion sensor and ran power to it.
This kit is probably the best bang for the buck out there and is very bright as well and is so easy to set up a child could do it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree.
I finally decided to get away from the battery pack with mine and bought the adaptor and motion sensor and ran power to it.
This kit is probably the best bang for the buck out there and is very bright as well and is so easy to set up a child could do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2v31v1e.jpg

I agree.

yeah mine has the 8AA battery pack and the door switch so there was some junk to hide.  I just pushed it all behind my ammo boxes down on the bottom left, works pretty good.   Am most likely going to buy an additional 20" strip for the bottom part of the safe too, just for the hell of it....
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I would staynaway from the battery pack. I've had two of them and both ended up failing.  Luckily the battery acid did not get on to anything in the safe. I have since installed AC power. I was a little ways to the outlet and had to cut the cord and resoilder everything back together. Still, it is a much better setup this way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Bit more money than the DIY option, but high quality for a safe and collection that warrants it. Uses a 5050 LED chip instead of the smaller dimmer 3528 used in the light strips people are using.

http://www.amazon.com/WELLIT-Gun-Safe-Light/dp/B00LMSM9VM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top