Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 5:02:02 AM EDT
Soooooo a buddy of mine was selling off his stuff since he was moving and donating a lot of the money to charities to help them. He had a safe for sale and since I've got a safe addiction , I bought it since it was $75 and seemed industrial quality. It's an older mcgunn cash drop safe. Come to find out. It was already open but he has no idea what the pin code is for the digital lagard lock.

Looks like this one but this is a pic off the internet

So since i was lucky and the door was already opened I took it off the hinges and have taken it apart and gotten down to the lock mechanism. The main latch solenoid box is a lagard 3260 box , I think I may have come across hard reset instructions on google, but they talked about shorting pins on the lock and then reconnecting the keypad and batteries but I'm not sure which one they want me to jumper

Also having removed the solenoid lock box , the outside handle would not turn unless I retracted the spring loaded pin that was mounted above the solenoid box, by hand , it looks to be a relocker for when it's being closed, but there seems to be nothing to retract the pin so I'm guessing maybe a part is missing ? I can take a picture later today when it's light out for better explanation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I just replace the locks.  Modern used locks, on used safes, with unknown histories, are bad juju.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are the pics as promised

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
just a WAG but try 2773
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just a WAG but try 2773
View Quote

Can ya clarify for the non lingo speaking
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
WAG = Wild Ass Guess, probably because 2773 is written on the back of the lock
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have that same safe.
the relocker pin only moves if the lock is punched
Mine has a cable that goes around a lower stud and then to the pin on the lower bolt, yours is a different revision from mine.
I have an Amsec that uses a metal bracket to connect the pin to the lock, yours may be similar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top