Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 4:45:16 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I stumbled upon these for a few projects for my kids.  LED Lights Buy the adapter to plug into the outlet in your safe and now you have BRIGHT lights in your safe for around $18 bucks!!  The lights are on 3M tape and stick well, if they start coming down, just use a stapler around them.  I also got one of those foot switches to turn a Christmas tree on and off, so now I can turn them on and off with ease!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, I bet I can use them in my truck bed too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got these in the mail today, need a hole in the safe for wires but work great.  This is spool of lights (red, green, and blue), power supply, and a remote control.  The controller does all kinds of goofy stuff chase, strobe, color change, etc.  Whatever color or setting you have it on when powered on it goes back so pick a color and power button always goes back.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371139048824?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
this is the setup i used using similar stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Uds_0ZgtU
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought some cheap home depot LED lights, It is about a 10inch tube that has a magnetic base that can be removed from the safe if needed. You just need to hit the button on and off as you need, it has a 15 min auto shut-off. It has been running for over 1+ year on the same lithium batteries.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

non-waterproof
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

non-waterproof
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

non-waterproof

I have a full cap.
I was figuring I could stick them to the roof and/or sides depending on how bright they are.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, I ordered some of these LED lights to replace my old rope lighting in my safe (which is starting to become dim).  Amazon prime delivered my stuff to me on Saturday.  I thought it was the tape lights AND the power source.  It's just the tape light.  So, what do I need to order now to power these?   FYI, I have used a closet door on/off light switch so my lights go off when the safe door is closed.  So, I don't need any fancy remotes, dimmers, etc...  I just want a power source that plugs into standard 120 power.  What do I need?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK, I ordered some of these LED lights to replace my old rope lighting in my safe (which is starting to become dim).  Amazon prime delivered my stuff to me on Saturday.  I thought it was the tape lights AND the power source.  It's just the tape light.  So, what do I need to order now to power these?   FYI, I have used a closet door on/off light switch so my lights go off when the safe door is closed.  So, I don't need any fancy remotes, dimmers, etc...  I just want a power source that plugs into standard 120 power.  What do I need?
View Quote

Buried in the description it says to search for this;

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Lighting+EVER+5000028

I can't really see a closeup of the plug but it probably takes a standard 12VDC power supply for a camera.
I would take the strip down to Radio shack & see what they have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top