Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2013 11:55:46 PM EDT
While cleaning out a closet today I stumbled on a Browning catalog from 2003.  Having just ordered a Browning Deluxe 26, I thought reading their advertising was interesting, when compared to today's.

Browning's testing was done by "a nationally recognized independent fire-testing lab", Omega Point Laboratories.  All the premium safes boasted "50% more insulation" and "1550* F/30 minute" protection.  This was accomplished by using 10 gauge steel & "3 layers of 1/2" fire-resistant material in the body" & "2 layers of 1/2" fire-resistant material in the door and a 1" layer of Imprafill insulation the door face".

The safes also boasted a UL Listing sticker.   The best I can make out the UL sticker reads "Listed 1P60" and  (in small font) "Residential Security Container"; then "GUN SAFE" in big letters.

They had a corner safe that was a 60"x30"x27" with a 90* angle made into the back side to fit in the corner of a room.  It boasted that "the V-shaped interior is spacious and allows easy access to guns".  

" />

BTW, the most expensive safe I saw listed was a 72"x40"x28" Platinum Series weighing 1,335 lbs that had an MSRP of $3,529.

Just thought it was interesting reading.
Top Top