Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 10:26:34 AM EDT
I thought I remember seeing a YouTube video about the pre/post recall, Gen1 and Gen2 MCX differences where he commented that SIG changed the 300BLK gas block location to the same location as the 5.56 to ease manufacturing costs by using the same OP ROD for both calibers. That the 300BLK used to be closer to the barrel extension with its own Op Rod, but now it is farther away and he commented that this is causing some SUBSONIC 300BLK ammo cycling issues.

Anyone know this to be true or details? Any pics of the 300BLK barrels Gen1 and Gen2? (See my pic and differences)

I found that YouTube video about the op rod changes... Still would like pics if anyone has them.

Will be keeping my eye open for a kit but want to be aware of the differences in the used barrel market.

Rmpl
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a Gen1 to Gen2 differences pic, but this MAC video does show the 300BLK and 5.56 Gen1 differences...

Sig MCX 5.56 to 300 BLK Conversion

Rmpl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top