Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 10:16:08 AM EDT
Got the new Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 in and at first, I thought this was going to be too big for the MPX, but after throwing it on there, I think it was made for it. So far I really like it, haven't taken it to the range yet so, that will be the tell, tell. Here is some quick pics I took late last night, and my camera sucks, so overlook the quality of the pics.

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
How crisp/ clear is the reticle?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the tint?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
[b]Quoted:[/b cm]
How crisp/ clear is the reticle?
View Quote
Very clear and crisp.  Nice wide large lens to get on target fast.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Leupold LCO works great as well. Picked mine up from Optic Planet for $620 which include a $100 gift card. 

Cool to see that these are finally shipping out. The button position and qd mount looks great. Have you tried out the USB charger yet? haha
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Soon as I get to the range sometime this week I'll update this thread on how the UH1 works with the MPX and also get better pics. I just threw it on there last night and took some quick pics with my phone camera just to see how it looks on the MPX. The sight window is very clear and large for easy targeting, even though you can not see it in the pics. One of the interesting things about the design is that the windows have nothing to do with the hologram. You could completely bust them out and still use the sight. They really are only there to waterproof the internals. That being said, the Vortex uses polycarbonate lens with a special scratch resistant coating.

The pics I posted does not give this thing justice, I will get better pics and throw them on here.

No, have not tried the usb charger yet, it came with regular battery but you can buy the rechargeable one, but what I have read is it does not last as long as a regular battery.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
How does it compare to an Eotech?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the First UH-1 I have seen in the wild, you're not a gun reviewer writer are you? How did you get in so early on a UH-1, just wondering as its the first i've seen anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is the First UH-1 I have seen in the wild, you're not a gun reviewer writer are you? How did you get in so early on a UH-1, just wondering as its the first i've seen anywhere.
View Quote
No, just and end user. But I have a good connection with a Vortex Dealer that usually gets first shipments from Vortex, so anytime a new product is going to be released that I'm interested in I contact him to find out release date and get on his preorder list.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How does it compare to an Eotech?
View Quote
Never owned an Eotech, so can not answer that question.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my Eotech on mine for a little bit. It worked well and was comfortable. The "subgun" style aspect worked well with the large ring at the shorter ranges.

Mine is now wearing a Vortex AR optic thingie. I like it. It works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top