Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 10:40:40 AM EDT
Received shipping confirmation last night.

Order was placed October 12, 2016.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
where did you order it from?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sure he, like me , ordered it from Sig.

Mine shipped too, my order was 3/21/16 , so 14 months!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct.  Ordered directly from Sig.  It's the last item of my 18+ month pre-order wait list hah!

Now I just have to be patient for another 10 days while FedEx smartpost slowly works its way toward me :P
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont even have a MCX but am thinking would it be smart to just order the damn barrel now?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Well smart or not, i ordered it, no turning back now
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well smart or not, i ordered it, no turning back now
View Quote
Quit acting like you'll regret it
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
What are you all doing for handguards?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quit acting like you'll regret it
View Quote
I know
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ill probably go with the lancer handguard actually.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sig has both the carbine and PDW length suppressor handguards in stock now on their main website.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-handguard-pdw-suppressor-compliant.html

I had mine on pre-order from June 2016 and received it back in February I think.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Caliber exchange kits are also listed on the site.  

$612

That is one expensive barrel
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Cal Ex kit is the barrel (with gas block, piston and valve).

You cant buy a stripped barrel.   And yes $600 is crazy.   Need some 3rd part barrel mfr to get in the game.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:25:54 AM EDT
[#13]
At least throw in a bolt with that price!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
From what I remember, the bolt was originally in the kit.  My original order form shows it as part back in February of last year (when pre-orders started).  At some point, it was dropped since the MCX headspaces fine without swapping bolts and their supply is probably pretty stretched with new guns.  When I placed the pre-order, Sig told me that specs were likely to change a bit, from the original kit.  

The planned 7.62X39 kits will have a bolt with them for sure.  As of now, that is the only backorder remaining from Sig for me; but in the interest of fairness to them, it is a 2018 probable delivery (if at all) and they have told me this all along.  I love the MCX in short, suppressed 300BLK; and short, suppressed 7.62X39 should be lots of fun, too.  They just have to find someone with deeper pockets than me to buy into the conversion kit for issue, so it can be made.  The bolt would be a pretty complex machining exercise, so volume would have to justify making it.

While there have been delays, but I am generally patient and the MCX isn't my only SBR. I have been very happy with Sig on delivering the promise of the MCX.  With a 16" barrel, it is a good design, but does little more than a standard AR can do, outside of gas management and folding stock.  Short barrels really make it work and put it in its own class.  With a 6.75" barrel and silencer (in my case a Surefire 300SPS) and folding stock, it is as short like an MP5N (no silencer, stock collapsed), but with much better ballistics.  With subs, it is as quiet as an MP5SD (Seems actually quieter to my ear - but I don't have a sound meter for empirical values).

$612 is nothing if you are pricing Sig's MCX pricing against FN for the SCAR...  It is also not out of line for other barrel kits like LMT, etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
They actually do not include the bolt.  It was a mistake in the print catalog.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cal Ex kit is the barrel (with gas block, piston and valve).

You cant buy a stripped barrel.   And yes $600 is crazy.   Need some 3rd part barrel mfr to get in the game.
View Quote
I really wish a 3rd party barrel maker would get into the game. 
If for no other reason then options. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I would gladly lend my 6.75 300 sig kit for a barrel maker to make some , all i would want is a spare barrel kit lol.  I dont even have a MCX yet so the barrel is just gonna sit, might as well lend it out for everyone to get some more cheaper kits in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I really wish a 3rd party barrel maker would get into the game. 
If for no other reason then options. 
View Quote
Yeah, no kidding. I'd love it if sig released the barrel profile specs so that manufacturers could start churning out new options. Like .277 Wolverine
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding. I'd love it if sig released the barrel profile specs so that manufacturers could start churning out new options. Like .277 Wolverine
View Quote
Yeah that would be cool. 
Id like to see a 22 Nosler barrel. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top