Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:46:08 PM EDT
I know I'm late to the the party, but I only recently realized this: I think that if could only have one SBR, it would be something along the lines of a SBR P556. Besides being an incredibly sexy, small package, being able to fire with a folded stock is what makes it for me.

But sadly, they're discontinued.

Are P556 pistols still worth getting? What if something breaks down the road? Are replacement parts available or are you SOL?

How have they been holding up over the years? SHTF worthy?

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No replacement parts from Sig and limited parts availability in the aftermarket

That being said; it's a solid design and not likely to need much in the way of parts
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
When I got my Sig 556 Classic, my original plan was to buy another lower (I did) and get a P556 to make an SBR. Then I'd have two Sig rifles. Just as I'm getting the money saved to buy the P556, Sig dropped the 556 Classic line with no parts or support available and prices shot higher than I wanted to pay.

If I could ever find a P556 Classic that was within my budget, I'd get it and SBR it as planned.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The factory parts kits seem to have dried up completely...  Which is a bummer because I have a 16" Classic and an SBR Classic.  Obviously those parts will wear out after thousands and thousands of rounds.  But we all know what Murphy says.  Thanks SIG USA. 

I'm pretty much done with SIG long arms; I'm sticking to the Classic Line of pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top