Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762 (Inconel 762 direct thread) and no hand guard

Attachment Attached File

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762 (Inconel 762 direct thread) and SD hand guard

Attachment Attached File

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762 (Inconel 762 direct thread) and SD hand guard measured with unfolded

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762Ti (Titanium 762 direct thread) and SD hand guard

Attachment Attached File

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762Ti (Titanium 762 direct thread) and SD hand guard - measured with stock unfolded

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Comparison pics:

All 4 SIG Sauer 762 offerings (L to R):  SRD762Ti, SRD762Ti-QD, SRD762-QD, SRD762

Attachment Attached File

SIG Sauer MCX 6.75" with SRD762-QD, HK416 10.4" with SF SOCOM-RC, Colt 10.3" CQBR with SF SOCOM-RC

Attachment Attached File

And just so you have the measurements of the rifles I am comparing, these are both with stocks fully collapsed to the end of the silencer (sorry for not taking complete pics)

10.3" CQBR

Attachment Attached File

10.4" HK416

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pics. I'm torn if I will want to do 9inch and have muzzle past handguard if I want to shoot unsuppressed and have super short gun or getting 6inch barrel for maximum compactness. I have 762TiQD so it's a lititle more length added. Hmmm. Any input on different setups?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the pics. I'm torn if I will want to do 9inch and have muzzle past handguard if I want to shoot unsuppressed and have super short gun or getting 6inch barrel for maximum compactness. I have 762TiQD so it's a lititle more length added. Hmmm. Any input on different setups?
View Quote
Go with the 9", because you can get it now.  Still an awesome setup.

Then, just buy the 6.75" whenever its available.  

I had a 9" for a long time (still have it).
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope Sig will reintroduce the 9" 5.56 barrel. Other companies are using even shorter barrels with no issues. I do like the 11.5" but I also would like the 9" to go with the PDW handguard and keep the overall weapon as short as possible.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#7]
That 6.75 with 762 inconel QD is the tits.  Ill be getting that one
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That 6.75 with 762 inconel QD is the tits.  Ill be getting that one
View Quote
I think you should
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Will MCXs with shorter barrels be available up in Canada?

It's already a restricted firearm, might as well get it as an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will MCXs with shorter barrels be available up in Canada?

It's already a restricted firearm, might as well get it as an SBR.
View Quote
Apologies, I really have no insight into international regs/offerings.  Best thing you could do is call CS and inquire.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have a picture of a full size 16" rifle with the shorty PDW handguard? I want to see if it looks goofy or just different.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone have a picture of a full size 16" rifle with the shorty PDW handguard? I want to see if it looks goofy or just different.
View Quote
Ill take one, give me just a couple of mins.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9" 300BO barrel

Attachment Attached File

16" Barrel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool - and thank you for taking the time to do that!

Any chance you can throw a lower on the long barrel one so I can see the whole deal?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Also - does anyone know if Sig is going to make any other hand guard variations? Like perhaps M-Lok?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#16]
If you have a chance could you possibly do a couple pictures of the 9" barrel put together with the Suppressors. I just sent my Form 1 in and I'm trying to decide on which suppressor to go with to complete my rifle. Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Coregon, you should get Sig to be a sponsor on Gunstruction and get the MCX on there.

It could save you some time :)

And also, it would be cool.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cool - and thank you for taking the time to do that!

Any chance you can throw a lower on the long barrel one so I can see the whole deal?
View Quote
How's this?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you have a chance could you possibly do a couple pictures of the 9" barrel put together with the Suppressors. I just sent my Form 1 in and I'm trying to decide on which suppressor to go with to complete my rifle. Thank you in advance
View Quote
Here are a couple of the 9" (and others) with a 762Ti-QD can.  One of the two QD cans is what I would go with.

Top = 11.5" 556 with 556Ti-QD
Middle = 9" 300BO with 762Ti-QD
Bottom = 6.75" 300BO with 338Ti-QD

Attachment Attached File

Top = 11.5" 556 with 556Ti-QD
Bottom = 9"300BO with 762Ti-QD

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks Coregon - you are awesome!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
That's great! Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#22]
My carbine length fat handguard is "Out for Delivery" right now, post a pic when I get it setup.   I have had to live vicariously though posts like this for the last 13 months while it was on order.  

my 6.75" 300 barrel is on the same order , but not shipped yet...  someday...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My carbine length fat handguard is "Out for Delivery" right now, post a pic when I get it setup.   I have had to live vicariously though posts like this for the last 13 months while it was on order.  

my 6.75" 300 barrel is on the same order , but not shipped yet...  someday...
View Quote
The struggles and frustrations of being an early adopter

Seriously though, it's all worth the wait.  You're in the final stretch now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there a shorter upper so the 6.75" could clear a FH or brake? Or is it only designed to be ran suppressed?
I am seriously getting one of these as soon as I find one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is there a shorter upper so the 6.75" could clear a FH or brake? Or is it only designed to be ran suppressed?
View Quote
The handguard comes in 3 sizes "PDW (8”), CARBINE (10.25”), and RIFLE (11.75”)."  3 normal, and 3 fat/suppressor compliant:

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is designed to be used with a suppressor.  Perhaps the fat PDW hand guard can be used with a blast shield of some sort.

My 6.75" barrel got delivered last week when I was away on vacation, and the carbine wide hand guard should be delivered tomorrow. I think at this point, all Sig still has on back order for me is the 11.5" 556 barrel, and the not yet released 762x39 kit. I have shot my MCX with the 9" barrel, Surefire 300sps, and "rifle" length hand guard, and it is very, very, very quiet with subs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The handguard comes in 3 sizes "PDW (8”), CARBINE (10.25”), and RIFLE (11.75”)."  3 normal, and 3 fat/suppressor compliant:

http://sigforum.com/movedimages/SHOT16/day2/IMG_0576_web.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://sigforum.com/movedimages/SHOT16/day2/IMG_0576_web.jpg
This guy know.  You could use the PDW with a blast shield (as stated right above me) - but, the 6.75" is made to be suppressed, so you may have issues cycling unsuppressed (dependent upon ammo, etc).
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#28]
There's also the 1/5 twist rate that precludes use of light projectiles out of the short barrel
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:45:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There's also the 1/5 twist rate that precludes use of light projectiles out of the short barrel
View Quote
They don't work at all?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They don't work at all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't work at all?
Yes, they work.  It's obviously not optimal for performance of the LW/Supersonic rounds, but they work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes, they work.  It's obviously not optimal for performance of the LW/Supersonic rounds, but they work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't work at all?
I was hoping he'd elaborate because I've seen light projectiles fires out of extremely fast twists before and sometimes they work out just fine.

Figured maybe he had some insight on this particular setup.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was hoping he'd elaborate because I've seen light projectiles fires out of extremely fast twists before and sometimes they work out just fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't work at all?

See my posts in this thread about killing hogs at 200+ with this setup (with LW/supersonic ammo).  That's not the scope of this configuration, but doesn't mean it's not capable of some things.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
What I meant was the twist rate is optimized for heavy projectiles, and physics makes the light weight stuff less than ideal. Sure, you can shoot it, but "why" becomes the question since the design begs for a suppressor and subs. The 9" barrel has a more forgiving twist rate and length for stabilizing light projectiles and better powder burn. I guess a load with pistol powder could work, but I'm not sure what kind of accuracy and reliability you can get.

Since Brownells had 220gr SMKs on sale a while back and Berry's started selling 220gr plated bullets, I haven't made anything light
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#34]
All I can do at the moment is live vicariously and request more photographs, let me know when/if they already have gotten annoying.  

How about LVAW (any suppressor) with all three handguard lengths for comparison?  

Also, semi-related, is there any more news on AR lower adapters?  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
All I can do at the moment is live vicariously and request more photographs, let me know when/if they already have gotten annoying.  

How about LVAW (any suppressor) with all three handguard lengths for comparison?  

~Augee
View Quote
THIS: Really looking forward to AR lower kits.

My understanding, please correct me if wrong, is that the actual LVAW uses the AR-15 adapter on full auto M4A1 lowers that were already in SOCOM inventory. Since it was classified as a weapon accessory, it was easier for them to procure than a full on new weapon system.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
THIS: Really looking forward to AR lower kits.

My understanding, please correct me if wrong, is that the actual LVAW uses the AR-15 adapter on full auto M4A1 lowers that were already in SOCOM inventory. Since it was classified as a weapon accessory, it was easier for them to procure than a full on new weapon system.
View Quote
The LVAW has been provided as a full weapon system (Low-Visibility Assault Weapon), and to my limited knowledge is being used as such.  I am not sure if lower adapters were provided, or if they have been being used much, if at all in that configuration.  

You may be thinking of the recent USSOCOM PDW solicitation, which is intended to use an M4A1 lower.  

While we're all assuming that an LVAW-like weapon will be submitted for the SOCOM PDW, I don't think that this has been firmly confirmed, though it seems like a no-brainer with some alterations to meet the fairly optimistic requirements of the PDW.  

That being said, while my personal guess would be that the PDW solicitation is intended as a way to "backdoor" something like the LVAW into wider service, which is something that SOF has been looking for for a while, with weapons such as the CQBR, HK416, MP7A1, etc. all being "interim" solutions, by "definition," the PDW and LVAW would be two different weapon systems for two different purposes.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote
I don't have/were not yet making all of the lengths in SD configuration.  

I don't have an update on AR lower adapters, but will get one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Coregon, do you recommend a QD suppressor over a direct thread?  Im on the fence on what suppressor to get.  While i love the QD, the thread on has more baffles which should be quieter? Or am i just getting too technical about it?  I want the best suppressor to size ratio, itll be going on the MCX with the skeletonized folding stock.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Coregon, do you recommend a QD suppressor over a direct thread?  Im on the fence on what suppressor to get.  While i love the QD, the thread on has more baffles which should be quieter? Or am i just getting too technical about it?  I want the best suppressor to size ratio, itll be going on the MCX with the skeletonized folding stock.
View Quote
Depends on everything you want the can to do - are you going to dedicate it to the MCX?  If so, direct thread.  If you want to shoot it on multiple guns, QD all the way.  

I find that the 762Ti-QD balances the best on both 9" and 6.75" 300BO setups.  The others are all close 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Depends on everything you want the can to do - are you going to dedicate it to the MCX?  If so, direct thread.  If you want to shoot it on multiple guns, QD all the way.  

I find that the 762Ti-QD balances the best on both 9" and 6.75" 300BO setups.  The others are all close 2nd.
View Quote
Yeah this will be a dedicated 300 blk rifle with 6.75 barrel.  The QD has less baffles but is the thread on really noticeably more quiet?  If not ill get the QD Ti and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah this will be a dedicated 300 blk rifle with 6.75 barrel.  The QD has less baffles but is the thread on really noticeably more quiet?  If not ill get the QD Ti and be done with it.
View Quote
To the ear, you won't be able to tell a difference.  If you meter it, it will be slightly quieter, yes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Then i just might get the QD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Coregon, was this the original LVAW suppressor? I remember seeing pics of it way back when the original MCX configuration was being developed.
http://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-sdr7-7h58x24.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Coregon, was this the original LVAW suppressor? I remember seeing pics of it way back when the original MCX configuration was being developed.
http://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-sdr7-7h58x24.html
View Quote
No  those are the cans we've made for sustained full auto/belt fed applications.  These were made even prior to the separate "SIG Silencers" division that exists today.

I can't speak much of the LVAW silencer due to NDA's.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Cool. I knew they were "old", but wasn't sure. Cool design though. I wish they would publish the specs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#46]
And almost 14 months later, the 6.75"  300 barrel has arrived!!!

Thats a 10 year old AAC 7.62 Cyclone-K for those curious about the can.  Will post more once I get to the range.

Now I just need a handguard!! still on order....
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Congrats! Mine will be here saturday, i ordered it on tuesday but i dont even have a MCX
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#48]
It was my understanding the the actual lvaw was integrally suppressed.  Does anyone know if this is true?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It was my understanding the the actual lvaw was integrally suppressed.  Does anyone know if this is true?
View Quote
No, it wasn't/isn't integrally suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the info. I would think that for a rifle designed to be used suppressed at all times integrally suppressing it would make the most sense. I also seem to recall that at one time there was a version of the MCX that was integrally suppressed. Are you able to provide any insight as to why they did not go the integral route and if I imagined an integral version of the MCX?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top