Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 6:32:11 PM EDT
So I recently got my MCX in 5.56 and took it to the range.

Ran 150 rounds of AE .223 no issues. Trigger was heavy but no terrible.

Most of my guns have Geissele triggers so I figured I'd try a LaRue MBT in this gun since Geissele has gone back and forth on supporting the MCX.

Got my LaRue trigger and threw a set of fixed sights on my gun as I plan to run it with irons.

Took it to the range today and it wouldn't fire... no primer strike.. anyone have experience with this...? Hammer profile is different but I'm not seeing the issue jump out at me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Any pictures?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry no... I just put the OEM trigger/ hammer back in.

I thought I'd read where guys were using LaRue triggers in their MPX/MCX

I put a Geissele SSA-E in my MPX with zero issues.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Weird.  What kind of ammo?  Something with unusually hard primers?  Do you have an AR you could try the MBT in just to see if it works in that platform?  I'd trouble-shoot it that way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Good idea...

It was Federal (American Eagle) 55gr .223 never had an issue with thousands of rounds.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If yours is the upgraded Mcx, the LaRue will not work with the firing pin lock.  Take out your bolt carrier group.  If there is a pivoting bar that comes down at the head of the firing pin, the LaRue hammer will not push it out of the way and allow the firing pin to move and hit the primer.  The older versions of the Mcx bolt carrier group would work with the LaRue and I had a LaRue in mine until the recall/upgrade.  You must have a new Mcx.  Is your serial number 25,000 or higher?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If yours is the upgraded Mcx, the LaRue will not work with the firing pin lock.  Take out your bolt carrier group.  If there is a pivoting bar that comes down at the head of the firing pin, the LaRue hammer will not push it out of the way and allow the firing pin to move and hit the primer.  The older versions of the Mcx bolt carrier group would work with the LaRue and I had a LaRue in mine until the recall/upgrade.  You must have a new Mcx.  Is your serial number 25,000 or higher?
View Quote
Makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes sir.... it's a new MCX with the upgraded BCG

Well... I guess I'll have to wait until Geissele releases their MCX trigger

Now I have a LaRue MBT with nothing to put it in..... (ponders new rifle build)
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you remove the firing pin block?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
So is there the same issue with the Geissele trigger? I too had the recall and just swapped out my carrier assembly....have a trigger I was going to place but if no go...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is there the same issue with the Geissele trigger? I too had the recall and just swapped out my carrier assembly....have a trigger I was going to place but if no go...
View Quote
The MCX will break the Geissele and G won't cover it under warranty. I'm not sure if the G trigger will activate the safety or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top