Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 9:50:31 PM EDT
I just got a Sig pouch with some MPX mags.  The pouch only has hook-side Velcro on the back for attachment to gear.  Is this a common way to attach pouches?

I've seen plenty of MOLLE, Alice, belt loops, tech locks, etc, but have not seen this before.

Are adapters available to attach to MOLLE?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for answers as well
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
sig makes two pouches, both come in black and tan.

the open top, velcro hook back you mentioned and the bungee retention molle backed one.

the velco back is more for use inside cases, which tend to have loop interior.
Hook Back:

The molle back is more for external use, hence the retention.
Molle back:

There are adapter panels for velcro + molle, but they tend to be for adapting molle to velcro-- not the other way around.
Amazon example
I would not strap that on a ruck and hope it works.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sig makes two pouches, both come in black and tan.

the open top, velcro hook back you mentioned and the bungee retention molle backed one.

the velco back is more for use inside cases, which tend to have loop interior.
Hook Back:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/a/magp-mpx-tan-2.jpg

The molle back is more for external use, hence the retention.
Molle back:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/k/i/kit-mpx9-essential-blk-30.jpg

There are adapter panels for velcro to molle, but they tend to be for adapting molle to velcro-- not the other way around.
Amazon example
I would not strap that on a ruck and hope it works:
View Quote

Good info.  Thanks!

Guess I'll rivet some MOLLE locks to mine for belt/ MOLLE use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top