Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:38:03 PM EDT
Are the Gen 2 magazines worth more than the Gen 1? Are there any differences besides the color of the followers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The feed lips are also a little different.  For worth, I actually doubt there is a difference.  There are two gens of mags and two gens of MPX, and Sig recommends that you use the correct gen, but people have reported no problems using Gen 1 mags in Gen 2 guns.  A lot of places periodically have blow out sale prices on the Gen 1s, so if they work on your MPX, get what ever is cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
About 20 or 30 bucks.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The feed lips are different, and the color of the follower. The gen2 are "said" to be able to use with the caliber conversions that will likely never happen.

FWIW I have bought 10 or so gen1 mags when they were stupid cheap at GMW, and all of them work great in my gen2 mpx.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I compared my newly received gen 1 mags to my only gen 2 mag that came with my MPX. The body looks identical. uses the same base and body. The follower is different, and that appears to be it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Comparing my Gen 1 & 2, the feed lips are also different
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, 3/8 of an inch of material or so is milled off.

Anyone got any decent mag pouches for carry of these mags? I want to set this up as a go to gun, but having a hard time finding decent pouches.

Also... converting them to hold 34/35 rounds is fun. Lancer could have done better on the mag design. Also... some companies are making mag extensions too to get them to 40 rds now.

I'm liking the MPX more and more. When the 50rd mini drum is released this will be even better.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't want to hijack this thread, but look a few posts down for a chest rig that will fit MPX mags perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thx, I was just following along my subscribed threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top