Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2017 8:19:00 PM EDT
Always like the MPX design, but waited on a 4.5" pistol from the factory to SBR. From Google search it looks like no go?

I see some places selling them, but only 1-2 which is why I'm asking.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Just buy the standard pistol and file the form 1 that way you can play with it until you get the stamp and then it's chop time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just buy the standard pistol and file the form 1 that way you can play with it until you get the stamp and then it's chop time.
View Quote

Yep. It's what I did

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't word it very well. I am not in a huge rush, I would rather buy a 4.5" pistol then just put the Collapsible Stock on when the stamp clears.

So I guess the question is do they make the 4.5" pistol? Or even complete 4.5" sbr? I would rather the pistol so I don't have to pay for an NFA transfer fee plus the stamp
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I didn't word it very well. I am not in a huge rush, I would rather buy a 4.5" pistol then just put the Collapsible Stock on when the stamp clears.

So I guess the question is do they make the 4.5" pistol? Or even complete 4.5" sbr? I would rather the pistol so I don't have to pay for an NFA transfer fee plus the stamp
View Quote

I have seen a 4.5" factory SBR (gen 2) in stores.  No pistol though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just at my dealer and from what he said they killed the MPX K models completely.  They made a few batches, there was a guy doing his paperwork there in store with one K that he bought a while back, but that is supposedly all they are making.  In his words he was told that they would rather produce the regular model then sell the short barrels later at extra profit then have to switch between models in the production line.  

Guy is a reputable sig dealer and hasn't been wrong the time I've known him.  Just relaying the message.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was just at my dealer and from what he said they killed the MPX K models completely.  They made a few batches, there was a guy doing his paperwork there in store with one K that he bought a while back, but that is supposedly all they are making.  In his words he was told that they would rather produce the regular model then sell the short barrels later at extra profit then have to switch between models in the production line.  

Guy is a reputable sig dealer and hasn't been wrong the time I've known him.  Just relaying the message.
View Quote

Sounds accurate. I have not followed the MPX or anything Sig related in general ever (although I love my P226), but the MPX peaked my interest after a few PPC AR's and every few months I pop into the subform to see whats going on with it and its always something odd lol and its always something without a definite answer from Sig
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can believe it, seeing how many people wanted the 4.5 barrel, myself included. If that's the case, then they need to hurry up and start selling the barrels because people have been waiting more than a year for them already.

With the terrible launch and cutting of the caliber conversions and now SBR, I don't want to give them a dime more of my money. I will likely have mine cut down to 4.5 to keep from doing just that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can believe it, seeing how many people wanted the 4.5 barrel, myself included. If that's the case, then they need to hurry up and start selling the barrels because people have been waiting more than a year for them already.

With the terrible launch and cutting of the caliber conversions and now SBR, I don't want to give them a dime more of my money. I will likely have mine cut down to 4.5 to keep from doing just that.
View Quote

Yeah I'm getting there myself.  I just got my SBR paperwork back and am now trying to figure where I want to go with the gun.  I really don't want to cut the only barrel yet, but if they don't start showing up soon I think I will.  Really want to be able to jump between the 4.5" and the full though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Still roll your own at this point as far as I know.

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still roll your own at this point as far as I know.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10878/77030.JPG
View Quote

Looking back I wish I wouldnt have bought one.

It works good enough but I am tired of their business decisions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Or, buy the carbine or pistol and then get a ILWT 4.5" barrel.  link
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Or, buy the carbine or pistol and then get a ILWT 4.5" barrel.  link
View Quote

Sounds about to good to be true, good price too. Especially if you send it in and get the gas assy installed for no extra charge, makes it super simple.

Wonder how long "coming soon" is?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I started a new thread in here on MPX barrels, but In Lead We Trust is the way to go. Robert and his barrels are top notch and I already have one of his 4.5" barrels and worked out great! He like a lot of us are tired of waiting on Sig for promises we have yet to see, so he decided to make his own barrels and they are working out great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top