Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 8:03:40 AM EDT
I know we are under a recall with the carriage assembly's, I know--

Anyhow, what's the future realistically on the 7.62x39 uppers for the MCX?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't even own a Sig rifle anymore and I can give you the answer.  

Chances close to nil.

If they do, it'll take a year, they'll make a few and then discontinue it within a year (and even then you'll run a 50/50 chance of them screwing the design up in production and then have to come out with a second generation within a year).

Anything Sig tell's you give it a 25% of being in the ballpark of reality.

I'm amazed that they can actually still sell anything other than a handgun.

But hey, their rifles ads all show military type looking guys looking badass carrying Sig's, so maybe they're onto something...
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
No don't lie! I heard from a friend of a uncle of a guy tell his son that told my son that it will be tomorrow!.  Sig does not THINK before they advertise. They will always promote something heavy and they don't live up to their words.. sad because they could be such a good thing to the industry....
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#4]
My thought would be slim to none.  They've finally come out with the 300BO stuff, which they've actually had for years since many of the early models that they sent around for various people to drool over and post online about how great the platform is were in that caliber.  With the recall and just getting 300 in production, I'd wager it would be a year or two at least.  That's assuming there is a market out there for them.  7.62x39 in AR pattern mags have a mixed reliability record, and since the MCX lower is the serial numbered component, it seems unlikely they would make a 7.62x39 specific lower.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, figured as much--but, hey!---

https://www.mm-industries.com/m10x/
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I preordered my 7.62 kit last year when they had preorders open. I noticed that they don't list the 7.62 kit now in the new 2017 magazine so I contacted Ryan @ Sig and ask him if Sig is doing away with that kit and here is his reply in email. "NO it has not gone away, but still may be some time out with that caliber specific.  5.56 and 300BO have proved to be the bigger priority right this second and so those are where a lot of resources are going.  Once those calm down the 7.62 will ramp up I’d think"

Take it for what it is worth, bums me out because this is the reason I bought a MCX, since I am not a fan of the AK.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Like the promises with the other platforms, the classic and xi.....I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
just remember that hk hates you and sig also hates you......
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just remember that hk hates you and sig also hates you......
View Quote

No, no.  Sig hates you worse.  HK may not release things people want, but at least they don't promise stuff that takes years to come out, and then have recalls or generation changes in the first year, all the while never having any of the promised parts and accessories available, before just discontinuing the product for the next best thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]
7.62x39 ARs are awesome. Hopefully they will be releasing 7.62x39 kits along with the 6.75" 300 BLK kits that are coming out now.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/10/12/ausa-sig-sauer-mcx-in-7-62x239/
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Why the funky stock? I feel like that would make it impossible to fire folded.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why the funky stock? I feel like that would make it impossible to fire folded.
View Quote

It is for police users (mostly in the U.K. and Europe) that wear riot helmets with visors. This type of helmet s a common design there and the reasons for use are pretty obvious:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top