Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2016 8:21:16 PM EDT
I am looking for a source to purchase a set of Factory Sig sights for a 556 rifle( front and rear diopter). I checked with Sig and they are no longer available. Any sources that actually have these sights would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking for a source to purchase a set of Factory Sig sights for a 556 rifle( front and rear diopter). I checked with Sig and they are no longer available. Any sources that actually have these sights would be appreciated. Thanks
View Quote

I see them on eBay on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen them there also, usually air soft or the 551 series with the left side loop. I haven't seen the 556 series. CHEAPER THAN DIRT and OPTICS PLANET area no go also. I have been watching ebay, gunbroker and arms list. Thought someone here may have another source.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw some in the EE under rifle parts. Sold mine with the Swiss handguards awhile back for 150$
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, found a set here from a member. Ar15.com came thru again. Wish the rest of the country was like most people here. Thanks to everyone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, found a set here from a member. Ar15.com came thru again. Wish the rest of the country was like most people here. Thanks to everyone.
View Quote

Congrats!

Tagged. Need a diopter for my own project (currently in NFA DOC).
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that "Glock Kreig" had them listed on their web site as an active part, the person I spoke to their said that they would have to order them from Sig, I explained that I thought that Sig had zeroed them out and was no longer supporting the 556 platform and the person replied that they were a dealer and they could still get stuff from Sig. I am not sure about that answer  because my Local Dealer called Sig  and the sights were unavailable and my local dealer is a "stocking Sig dealer" also. Everyone else that I found states "no longer available on their web sites.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Slack_out,  I spoke via email to Elisabeth Schrass at Glock Krieg, she stated that they can get these sight sets and that they have some blemishes. Their contact number is 847-469-8467. I hope they can help you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Slack_out,  I spoke via email to Elisabeth Schrass at Glock Krieg, she stated that they can get these sight sets and that they have some blemishes. Their contact number is 847-469-8467. I hope they can help you.
View Quote

Awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Slack_out, I placed an order for a spare set from Glock Krieg via their web site today. Not sure of the time frame to receive them. I saw no blemishes for sale.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had decent luck finding original Sig parts in the classified section of the sigtalk forum.
It may take a little time but someone has always ended up having what I was searching for.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you still need a set?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I do not need a set anymore, but slack_out may need a set.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks, I do not need a set anymore, but slack_out may need a set.
View Quote

I'm all set, ordered online also, and thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm... I wonder if they can get parts kits for the 556?  They're pretty much impossible to find.

Thanks, SIG USA.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#15]
CDNN has them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#16]
The CDNN set is not the rotary diopter that was an original sight set for the Sig 556. It may fit the rail, and may be made by Sig, but isn't the diopter. Thanks for the info, it may help someone else. I am not sure if Glock Krieg can get  other Sig 556 parts, I am still waiting on my sight set. I did get  a set from someone here on AR15.com, so my build is complete and sighted in. I hate that Sig chose not to support this platform.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I might have an extra MFI Diopter (rear only) kicking around. In any case, they are a good option (And I think MFI is still selling them)
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Last week, I called SIG to inquire about availability, and the customer service rep said they had them in stock. I ordered a front sight with necessary parts, along with a spare firing pin. They charged my debit card and a few days ago, the front sight parts arrived, minus the front sight. No firing pin either. Apparently, they are on back order.

Not sure what to think at this point........
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Last week, I called SIG to inquire about availability, and the customer service rep said they had them in stock. I ordered a front sight with necessary parts, along with a spare firing pin. They charged my debit card and a few days ago, the front sight parts arrived, minus the front sight. No firing pin either. Apparently, they are on back order.

Not sure what to think at this point........
View Quote

Wait... they sent you the front sight guts but without the front sight & charged you for everything?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The CDNN set is not the rotary diopter that was an original sight set for the Sig 556. It may fit the rail, and may be made by Sig, but isn't the diopter. Thanks for the info, it may help someone else. I am not sure if Glock Krieg can get  other Sig 556 parts, I am still waiting on my sight set. I did get  a set from someone here on AR15.com, so my build is complete and sighted in. I hate that Sig chose not to support this platform.
View Quote

Looks like the .22 sight??
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, I believe it is the .22 sight. CDNN may be advertising it as fitting other models in hopes of clearing inventory.  The sights they are advertising will probably fit the rail. Not sure of that though. I appreciate all the assistance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top