Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2016 3:50:31 PM EDT
Ok i have a new MPX carbine with a velocity drop in 4.5lb trigger with a Elftmann push button safety. I finally got to shoot it today. The only thing noticeable before shooting was the safety was sticking sometimes. Everything went great at first but then I noticed something wasn't right. It was starting to fire very very rapidly. I installed the trigger and selector per instructions. I even talked to the owner of Velocity before hand to make sure there would be no issues with it in the MPX and talked to him about the install process. But i still think its something dealing how i installed it. I put the trigger in and then the safety and then tightened down the set screws in the trigger housing and tightened down the second set of locking screws. Nothing complicated about that.
Any suggestions or ideas?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I installed a Battle Arms safety, and have had zero problems with it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used the Elftmann Push Button Safety with the LaRue MBT and have had no issues.  I've since replaced the combo with a Franklin Armory MBT.  Trigger doesn't feel as good as the MBT...but Binary mode is freakin fun...mostly controlled doubles...no real mag dumps.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone?
I've been reading about more and more issues with velocity triggers and the mpx and some AR issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top