Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2016 11:43:09 AM EDT
The mere term MPX handguard on Google leads down many false paths, mostly to MPX for sale ada of Lancer's release of the CF unit. Is the plain old aluminum one, in any lenght or pattern( keymod, gen 1 style) around anywhere to be found or,HAHAHAHAH, an approximation on availability?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure sounds like the aftermarket needs to jump on this.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Yeah, just like with the $65-70 dollar mags that are a bit tough to swing for a lot of shooters.  If only someone would??
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Do you have any news to share, Sven?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Mantaclause would you please bring us some aftermarket parts.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You are correct, we swore off SIG parts after the 556 inline changes (something like 12+ we were able internally document, even when they insisted nothing was being changed to the public).  My employees were quick to remind me of this recently.  

That being said, an opportunity has come along (not from SIG, but from somewhere else) that might justify us making a Transformer forend for the SIG MPX and by extension the SIG MCX.  We will see how it pans out.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

It would be odd because I distinctly remembering him saying they would no longer touch SIG products ever again due to their history of changing the 556 line too often.

Although I would greatly welcome MPX and MCX parts to the market.

You are correct, we swore off SIG parts after the 556 inline changes (something like 12+ we were able internally document, even when they insisted nothing was being changed to the public).  My employees were quick to remind me of this recently.  

That being said, an opportunity has come along (not from SIG, but from somewhere else) that might justify us making a Transformer forend for the SIG MPX and by extension the SIG MCX.  We will see how it pans out.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Do it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

It would be odd because I distinctly remembering him saying they would no longer touch SIG products ever again due to their history of changing the 556 line too often.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Sven,

I remember your post about not touching the MPX... But I'll forgive you if you can bring a K handguard to market. There are a ton of people getting their barrels chopped down to 4.5" and the standard MPX HG doesn't cut flush due to the alignment of the Keymod slots.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Please make this happen. I love the gun but the lack or parts is killing me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I can get some precise dimensional information that would be very helpful.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sven,

I remember your post about not touching the MPX... But I'll forgive you if you can bring a K handguard to market. There are a ton of people getting their barrels chopped down to 4.5" and the standard MPX HG doesn't cut flush due to the alignment of the Keymod slots.

Sven
Manticore Arms

I'm not at home or I'd be burning up my calipers on my MPX for you, so SOMEBODY GIVE THE MAN WHAT HE NEEDS!!!!!??
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sven

Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sven,

Sven

Manticore Arms

You need me to send you my (Gen 2 KeyMod) Hand Guard? If so, IM me and it will be on the way in the AM.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We have a SIG MPX in the shop, I don't need a stock handguard.  What I need is EXACT dimensions of the length for the "4 1/2 inch"  shorty handguard that people want.  And not just "4 1/2 inches"  but "4.500 inches from the face of the exposed upper receiver when the handguard is removed"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sven,

Sven

Manticore Arms

You need me to send you my (Gen 2 KeyMod) Hand Guard? If so, IM me and it will be on the way in the AM.

We have a SIG MPX in the shop, I don't need a stock handguard.  What I need is EXACT dimensions of the length for the "4 1/2 inch"  shorty handguard that people want.  And not just "4 1/2 inches"  but "4.500 inches from the face of the exposed upper receiver when the handguard is removed"  
Gotcha... I know a company that has cut many Ks on the Sig MPX Owners Facebook page.  Perhaps I should introduce the two of you.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
DSully has a factory gen 2 Keymod K length handguard

ETA, perhaps he could give precise dimensions
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

DSully has a factory gen 2 Keymod K length handguard
View Quote

Some people are more Siqaul than others.

-------------------------

Sven,

I sent you an IM and tested the waters with my other source.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I talked to the MPX barrel chopping guys from Facebook again this evening. They provided me with some data that could possibly assist Sven with determining the precise length for a MPX-K hand guard.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I wish someone would make a decent charging handle for the mpx. It feels about on par with my S&W 15-22.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I wish someone would make a decent charging handle for the mpx. It feels about on par with my S&W 15-22.
View Quote
Agreed, and who ever makes it needs to get it drunk and have it spend the night with:

In other words, we need a gas-deflecting charging handle for the MPX. Sven... you listening?

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Agreed, and who ever makes it needs to get it drunk and have it spend the night with:  

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0249/1427/products/GMS-15-7_1024x1024.jpg?v=1438709921

In other words, we need a gas-deflecting charging handle for the MPX. Sven... you listening?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0249/1427/products/GMS-15-7_1024x1024.jpg?v=1438709921

Do you have to push a button on the rear to unlock that? I would prefer an AXTS style that had a gas deflector integrated. I just hate all the slop there is when charging.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Do you have to push a button on the rear to unlock that? I would prefer an AXTS style that had a gas deflector integrated. I just hate all the slop there is when charging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do not have to push the button if the BCG is forward. You do if the BCG is locked back and the charging handle is all the way forward. I really wish AXTS would incorporate the "cup". I works wonders at re-directing gasses on a suppressed SBR.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:09:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven
Manticore Arms

Curious what you mean by "transformer forend?"
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 I'd be very interested in this
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven
Manticore Arms

Did you go to Manticore Arms website?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope this works out very interested.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did you go to Manticore Arms website?
View Quote

I just did Makes sense now, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Just a bump hopefully for any updates
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
For someone that has ventured off the beaten path of AR's for the first time,
The lack of accessories and attention to the platform has left a bad taste with me.

Kinda sucks, but it is a sweet shooter...I'll give it that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top