Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2016 11:49:43 PM EDT
Has anyone run aftermarket triggers in their MPX? I heard standard AR triggers were ok, but had increased wear. Is this true?

And has anyone tried one of the Binary style triggers in the MPX? It seems like that would be the best combo.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of anyone using a Binary trigger in them yet. The new Fostech Echo uses a sear that interfaces with the BCG, I would not expect it to work.

Larue has said the MBT should work fine. If one breaks they will take care of it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I would think with the popularity of the MPX that a company out there like for example Geissele would make a specific trigger for the MPX that uses the factory trigger bar that Sig says has to be there due to the heavy impulse rate. It's awesome that companies will warrantee their triggers, but until then I will continue using the factory trigger as I would hate to have something happen to the trigger in a shit hits the fan scenario as a replacement trigger at that time is going to do me no good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill Geissele has openly stated that their triggers will operate without issue in the MPX, and that they will warranty any failures.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bill Geissele has openly stated that their triggers will operate without issue in the MPX, and that they will warranty any failures.
View Quote
Both the Geissele and LT are made from S7 tool steel, I just don't think it will be an issue with either one.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have run the SSA-E for some time now and it runs flawless.  So much nicer to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a franklin binary in mine. Definity awesome!! The only problem ive had is it out runs the gun and may get a few malfuctions. I did have to file the trigger pack down a bit on the botoom to fit the reciever.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
SD3G runs like a charm
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
LaRue MBT works great in my MPX.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How long has it been in?
Any problems?
Round count?

Got one coming in today and that's what it's for.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Geissele SD-E in mine since day one, zero issues.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if there is a good trigger out there that you can still use the Sig trigger bar with it?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
You might be able to set up the JP trigger up to work with the MPX's trigger bar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if there is a good trigger out there that you can still use the Sig trigger bar with it?
View Quote

What does the trigger bar do? My MPX is still on Oder with my FFL, so I can't fondle it yet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Trigger bar is probably the wrong word. Its a disconnector protector. (also prevents trigger slap)
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How long has it been in?
Any problems?
Round count?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long has it been in?
Any problems?
Round count?

So far only about 300 rounds of 165gr and 147gr all suppressed.   No issues... awesome break, reset... overall great value.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So far only about 300 rounds of 165gr and 147gr all suppressed.   No issues... awesome break, reset... overall great value.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long has it been in?
Any problems?
Round count?

Did you use the light or heavy spring?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long has it been in?
Any problems?
Round count?

Whatever was pre-installed....the regular.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Utilizing a Geiselle S3G with heavier black spring. Very short, positive reset. No issues what-so-ever.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a Hiperfire 24 Eclipse in my MPX SBR.

Problem free for a couple thousand rounds, suppresed and unsuppressed.

You can't use the factory supplied Trigger Bar, but all the Hiperfire triggers have there own designed bridge that is there anchoring  the toggle springs. It is in the same spot as the factory bridge, and provides the same functionality.

I also use the 24 Eclipse in my MCX SBR, and 2 AR-15 based SBRs.

No issues with them at all.

Light and crisp, single stage, with hammer fall energy meeting or exceeding a USGI trigger mechanism. Best triggers you can buy IMHO.

CK Bush

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have run the SSA-E for some time now and it runs flawless.  So much nicer to shoot.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I have went with JP reduced weight trigger springs, which reduced the pull weight to 43/4 from factory 9 lbs. So far working great after more than 500 rds. The best part the cost is only $10.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I ran an S3G, but had issues with double shots. Someone here mentioned Geiselle had warned about running that trigger in the MPX and recommended and SSA instead. I swapped it out for an SSA I already  had and it's been fine ever since. It may have been a problem because I was running it suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I ran an S3G, but had issues with double shots. Someone here mentioned Geiselle had warned about running that trigger in the MPX and recommended and SSA instead. I swapped it out for an SSA I already  had and it's been fine ever since. It may have been a problem because I was running it suppressed.
View Quote

What spring did you use?  I've been running a S3G on a surpressed 4.5" upper for 1k rounds so far. No issues.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a CMC in mine and currently have approximately 4500 rounds through it without issue... I killed two Timney triggers triggers prior to the CMC. Sheared the set screw on the disconnector off. I tend to learn the hard way...
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had multiple runaways using the S3G and KAC safety after barrel chop when shooting suppressed. I changed the safety to a Battle Arms ambi as my initial troubleshooting solution and MPX has performed perfectly since.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a SSA (3k + rounds), no issues
My friends has a SSA-E (1.5k+ rounds) no issues

Recommend both for the MPX

LT going into my AR build.  I did not put it in the MPX build since at the time not enough people tried it out to see if it would crack like some other ones did.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I replaced the stock trigger with an ALG first and it worked but had impact marks from the sear contact after about 100 rounds.  Using a 9mm AR hammer would probably work with the factory bridge but since I already had a SSA sitting around I replaced it with that but haven't shot it yet.  I don't think its necessary to have a two stage trigger for this gun but its what seems to work from what ive heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top