Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2016 3:22:00 PM EDT
Has anyone considered nickel-boron or NP3 coating the bolt carier / bolt on the mpx?  If it's a non-starter, then that's definitely an answer.  Mine should be in later today and I will be sbr'ing it and using a suppressor .  I'm just wondering if adding the coating would help minimize maintenance or increase range time between cleanings.  There's still little to no support for this platform.

Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It would help somewhat but I find the MPX runs pretty clean, even suppressed.

I do a wipe down and bore snake after 300-400 rounds and take the bolt apart around 500-600 (including under the extractor).

IMO it runs fairly clean and I mostly shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Had my mp5/40 receiver, bold carrier NP3'd. Mainly makes clean-up easier, but I have an ultra-sonic too (I'm lazy about cleaning no-matter).  Was it worth $3xx, up to the user. Supposedly less wear in the long run..but that doesn't count for anomalies such as squibs etc
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've now put around 300 rds through my MPX, all suppressed.  I have never actually fired it unsuppressed.  Even still, the gun has had no hiccups past the first mag, and shows no need for cleaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top