Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:06:00 AM EDT
A while back I bought a Sig 556xi Russian.

It jammed something awful. All the time.

I form 1'd it and had my gunsmith chop it down.

It ran like a top suppressed, but it continued to jam unsuppressed.

I took it back to the smith and he resized the gas port and marked the adjustable gas block for suppressed and unsuppressed. Now it rocks on both settings and is so much fun to shoot!

This is now one of my favorite rifles!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think on that day I put somewhere between 90-120 rounds through her, and cleaned the rifle afterwards. So, I don't know. I rarely bring just one gun and shoot that high of a round-count in one setting.  At least, not since leaving the PD and now have to pay for my own ammo!

I tested it half suppressed and half unsuppressed on that day.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:45:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Who makes that muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an AAC 51T Brake-out hider/brake combo that obviously doesn't HIDE anything!

Same as on my 556 SBR.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine has run like a clock right out of the box.

I broke it in set on the dirty gas setting for 3-400 rds. then set it to standard w/o any problems.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad your's has run well from the get-go.

What drew you to the 7.62x39 Sig?  I like AK-47s, and have lots of AK mags and ammo. I like SBRs, but 5.56 SBRs kind of neuter the round's effectiveness past 50-100 yds (depending on the specific ammo used, of course).  So, I was looking for an SBR with a heavier hitting round.

What I really wanted was a 7.62 krink, but with better ergonomics, accuracy, and the ability to suppress it without worrying about baffle strikes.

The Sig 556xi Russian was my perfect platform!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm glad your's has run well from the get-go.

What drew you to the 7.62x39 Sig?  I like AK-47s, and have lots of AK mags and ammo. I like SBRs, but 5.56 SBRs kind of neuter the round's effectiveness past 50-100 yds (depending on the specific ammo used, of course).  So, I was looking for an SBR with a heavier hitting round.

What I really wanted was a 7.62 krink, but with better ergonomics, accuracy, and the ability to suppress it without worrying about baffle strikes.

The Sig 556xi Russian was my perfect platform!
View Quote

I have AKs also but wanted a more modern design in 7.62x39. I still use both.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I SBR'd my "pistol"...  the damn thing is a hoot to shoot.  I haven't had any issues with feeding it.  It seems to chew through everything I throw at it.  I haven't played with the gas settings tho

My brother calls the thing "His Suchka", he seems to love it too.  

FA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top