Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:21:41 AM EDT
Just picked up a used Sig 522.  Was never too interested in them, but the price was right so I went for it.  Got it home and gave it a good cleaning and have a few questions before I take it out to the range.  

1.  Are the factory Sig sights worth getting?  My rifle didn't come with any and I was planning to just use a red-dot, but wondered if factory ones were any good, ie. well made, adjust well, etc.

2.  Has anyone got the wrench to remove the barrel?  I found a company that has the wrench offered, and it would help a lot in cleaning.

3.  What is the best ammo to use.  Usually in these case it is the high velocity more expensive type.  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I had kept mine, it was a shooter. I put a cheap dot on it, never tried the irons.  Mine was pretty reliable with cheap bulk ammo, flawless with CCI
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been 100% with any ammo I feed it. I had the factory irons and was never able to get them to zero at 25 yards (all that I shoot it at), so theres now a cheap red dot on it. It is honestly one of the most shot guns in my collection. As far as cleaning, I wouldnt worry about pulling the barrel, periodically I just blast the upper and lower with aerosol gun cleaner and re oil it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No irons, inexpensive Bushnell red dot, and shot everything 100% I tried in it. It has taken dozens of varmints as well.

I will say I wish there was an after market trigger that would come in at about 2.5 lbs and break like glass. If there was I would shoot it even more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have wanted to use mine for taking out varmints, been thinking of putting a scope on it and going for it...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The factory iron sights were problematic, don't chase after those. A red dot and/or aftermarket irons like the magpul mbus will serve you well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top