Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2016 10:17:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to install this on the thin folding stock?  Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.calegalmags.com/SIG-SAUER-MCX-STOCK-STOPPER-_p_1521.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The image is of the Thin Folding stock, so I expect so.  Sig uses the same hinge on the thin fold as the PSB, and ar-15 tube knuckle.  As for how, it looks like a c-clip holds the shaft in there, so remove c-clip and replace with washers and bolt +nut.

The way the stock works is it the stock part lifts up to fold.   This looks like some washers and a nut to make it not lift up and so not fold.

C-clip pic:
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The hinge on the thin folding stock is the same hinge Sig offers on their other folding stocks for the MCX and MPX.

I need to know how to take it apart in order to install the washers and bolt.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I re-read and took a pic.  Looks like there is a C-clip on the bottom,   gonna be a pain to pop out I expect.  I have not tried.  Something pointy....

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Since you are replacing the shaft with a screw,  If the C-clip wont come out, you can very carfully cut the existing one:

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The image is of the Thin Folding stock, so I expect so.  Sig uses the same hinge on the thin fold as the PSB, and ar-15 tube knuckle.  As for how, it looks like a c-clip holds the shaft in there, so remove c-clip and replace with washers and bolt +nut.

The way the stock works is it the stock part lifts up to fold.   This looks like some washers and a nut to make it not lift up and so not fold.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2i0dnk9.jpg

C-clip pic:
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/travis_jennings1/9294C5E0-9720-4E3C-B928-5B2F82CB9216_zpscgmlcyp0.jpg
View Quote

Would you happen to have the exact measurements of the stock pictured?
Going to form 1 and need length for min requirements.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

dog

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry I re-read and took a pic.  Looks like there is a C-clip on the bottom,   gonna be a pain to pop out I expect.  I have not tried.  Something pointy....

View Quote

2 dental grade picks. ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top