Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2015 3:51:07 PM EDT
I have been running a Trijicon MRO on a lower 1/3 co-witness mount and to be honest, it feels too high. Looking for a lower mount but I have a few questions:

• Is the top of the receiver on the MPX (relatively) higher than on an AR? I am currently running a KAK/Shockwave combo and with a good cheek weld, it feels like the standard lower 1/3 co-witness is higher than normal.

• Would a MRO on low mount be too low? (I tossed the crap-tastic SIG folding BUIS but may end up putting some CZ EVO 3 or HK 416 BUIS on the MPX in the future).

To add, I swapped a couple of T1s on the MPX (one with lower 1/3 and the other with absolute co-witness) but both of those setups felt too tall as well.

I'll probably end up SBR'ing the MPX and going with the telestock so I would like to get a workable cheek weld with that in mind.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory Collapsible stock works good with ADM low mount on a T1
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...  I think I am going to order a Bobro MRO low mount.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have updates on their experience with the MRO on the MPX? Received my EOTech refund check today, and it's time to find an optic for it (again)

I'm pretty close to jumping on the MRO, as it seems to offer more of what I liked with the EOTech than an Aimpont does. If I do move forward with it, I plan on getting the ADM mount for it as well.

I have the folding KM stock as well as the telescoping stock for my MPX. Any feedback on the ADM low mount vs co witness mount? I'd like to go with low if possible, but am still running factory irons and am not sure if that is TOO low. Any input is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I highly recomend you guys take a look at Scalarworks mounts.  I have one for my Aimpoint and could not be happier.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have a MRO or a MPX (yet) , but I don't think a low mount would work out very well. Go for the absolute mount, not only will it co-witness, but the height will be functional. Look at the pictures below of how much greater of height there is from the stock and optic on the MP5 as opposed to the MPX. Also be sure to update this thread with pics

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't find an exact answer either so I just ordered a MRO with the factory absolute co-witness mount. I figured the low mount would be just a tad low. Will let you know by next week how it works out!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't comment on the MRO specifically, but from my experience the standard AR height mounts are a tad too high for my preference on the MPX. Found this out with my TA44 with ADM mount. When I ordered a T-2 from LaRue I went with the HK height mount and it's just right. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I highly recomend you guys take a look at Scalarworks mounts.  I have one for my Aimpoint and could not be happier.
View Quote

Those look very nice! Looks like the MRO ones will be available at some point this month too. Thanks for the info

ETA:
As a side note, it looks like all they will be offering is a co-witness and a lower 1/3 mount...that would definitely make my decision between a low and co-witness height a lot easier if I did decide to go with this mount!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't comment on the MRO specifically, but from my experience the standard AR height mounts are a tad too high for my preference on the MPX. Found this out with my TA44 with ADM mount. When I ordered a T-2 from LaRue I went with the HK height mount and it's just right. YMMV.
View Quote

Yeah, I have seen this comment made a few times in my search...which again has me leaning towards the low option. Thanks for the input on the HK height mount. Wish there was one locally to check out, nobody seems to have them on hand.  I'm used to just tossing on an EOTech and calling it a day, so I've never had experience with different mounting heights. I should ask a friend with a QD aimpoint or similar to let me check it out on my MPX. Assuming this EOTech refund check doesn't burn a hole in my pocket in the meantime! Haha

CaribouLou45:

This is the flip side I've seen as well, the MPX stock is much more in-line with the rail. Definitely don't want to be stuck wedging my face into the stock to line up the dot! Maybe someone with an MRO will chime in...in the meantime I will try to get an idea through getting in touch with a few friends. Too bad a range day can't be used to lure them out...currently -14° here!

leroy2069:

Very nice, yeah it would be great to hear feedback on that height once you receive it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an MRO on a low mount on an MPX.

It's fine. I have a collapsible stock for it, which I will put on when the stamp comes home.

If I had a folding or an AR stock on it with a buffer tube I'd probably not like the low mount.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Wonder if the MP7 BUIS would be a good match with the MRO low mount.

MP7 Sights

EDIT: I did some Googling, looks like the HK416 sights would be too high by about 1/8" for cowitness with the MRO low mount. So the MP7 might be the best bet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got my MRO mounted and it fits about like the T2 I had on there. With the AR absolute co-witness mount, it gives a lower 1/3 on the MPX. I prefer absolute co-witness, but have not been able to find a 3/4" riser for the MRO. I emailed ADM but have not received a reply.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top