Link Posted: 12/8/2015 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Today is my 6 month anniversary.  

Telestock, ordered 6/8/15
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
form 1 e file 7/28
approved 11/13

telescoping stock ordered 8/12 - still waiting of course or I wouldn't be reading this thread

Silly me, I even waited two weeks to order the stock so it didn't show up before my form 1 was approved......

Oh, and an octane 9 ordered 8/19, still waiting on that one too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
form 1 e file 7/28
approved 11/13

telescoping stock ordered 8/12 - still waiting of course or I wouldn't be reading this thread

Silly me, I even waited two weeks to order the stock so it didn't show up before my form 1 was approved......

Oh, and an octane 9 ordered 8/19, still waiting on that one too.
View Quote

Who would have thought anyone's Form 1 would be approved before receiving a stock for the MPX...

...as if that weren't bad enough already, you'll likely ALSO have your Octane 9 approved before the stock arrives too. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Especially with more and more MPX 16" carbines hitting the market, sitting on shelves, with those collapsible stocks collecting dust.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed once I get my stock I'm done with Sig products. This is just a shit show all around. It's a great firearm and I very much enjoy it; but I won't be buying more of their stuff.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agreed once I get my stock I'm done with Sig products. This is just a shit show all around. It's a great firearm and I very much enjoy it; but I won't be buying more of their stuff.
View Quote

Sadly I'm following suit. I dropped 4K on Sig in the past 4 months. I won't be buying that legion 229 I wanted. Also my command just ordered 500 commerative pistols and we did not go with Sig per the input from my recent interactions and a few others having similar run ins. I hope Sig gets their act together and reverts back to their old selves
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sadly I'm following suit. I dropped 4K on Sig in the past 4 months. I won't be buying that legion 229 I wanted. Also my command just ordered 500 commerative pistols and we did not go with Sig per the input from my recent interactions and a few others having similar run ins. I hope Sig gets their act together and reverts back to their old selves
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm right around there, SIG 551A1, Full size Spartan 1911 and the MPX, not to mention mags, stock, Form 1, etc., I'm giving my business this Christmas to Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I purchased an MPX back in October.  I have been lurking thru the forums for several months - decided to bite on the stock when Sig CS sent me an email around 2nd of November about mags and pre-ordering the telescoping stock. When I called to order I was told that the mags would be coming any day and that they hoped to fulfill ALL back ordered stocks by the end of the year (hmmm 2015 or 2016??)

Mags: 11/2

Telescoping Stock: 11/2

Still waiting -Not expecting anytime soon since I recently ordered - many if you have been waiting a lot longer.  What pisses me off is this weekend I was in Sevierville, TN at the Smokey Mountain Knife Store.  They have a Sig store in the back.  The rep said they get telescoping stocks in just about every week.  Just last week they got SEVEN in but sold them all to one guy that walked in the door and paid $250 each .  They did have a drawer full of mags, they were $64 each.

Just seeing how Sig has handled long waiting customers as well as the distribution and parts availability makes me want to dump it.  I currently have an Angstadt Arms UDP-9P on order.  If I like it when it comes in then I will get rid of the MPX and never look back.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I checked out the SIG MPX Carbine at lunch today. Wanted to see how the telescoping stock looked and felt.

Unimpressed. It feels solid enough but the button mechanism is rough and it is too short imo. If this is what people are waiting for they are in for a rude surprise. To be honest my .22 HK MP5 SD has a better stock and I only paid $259 for the entire rifle.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

I was going to look closely at the MCX but not so sure now. I''ll pass on it for the time being.  Better rifles for the money with less drama.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Better rifles for the money with less drama.
View Quote

As much as I would like to say otherwise, this rings true to me at this time. If I were coming into it at this point, I would walk the other way.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
ARFCOM FRIENDS, AT LEAST 50 FOLDERS NOW AVAILABLE:
http://store.sigsauer.com/thin-folding-stock-mcx-mpx-1913-interface-7854.html

I angrily await my telescoping stock, but I was fortunate enough to get one of the last batch of folders and I'm glad to have it.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Tks Larry, I was able to order one - finally I might have a stock by Christmas to use - I have the telescoping one on order since June  - They should change the name to Bigfoot - you think you see it in pictures but not in real life.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I checked out the SIG MPX Carbine at lunch today. Wanted to see how the telescoping stock looked and felt.

Unimpressed. It feels solid enough but the button mechanism is rough and it is too short imo. If this is what people are waiting for they are in for a rude surprise. To be honest my .22 HK MP5 SD has a better stock and I only paid $259 for the entire rifle.

I was going to look closely at the MCX but not so sure now. I''ll pass on it for the time being.  Better rifles for the money with less drama.
View Quote

What do you mean the button is rough? It's knurled for a reason so your thumb doesn't slip off when deploying it. Maybe you should just stick to your MP5 22 if you can handle it
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Over 10 sold in the last hour.  If you guys are on the fence waiting, you don't have long to make up your mind.  Maybe several hours, certainly not several days.  Just FYI.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys, the folding stock is a lot better than you may think. It locks up very solid in both open and closed positions. When closed, it has a smaller OAL than with the tele stock.

Even if you have a tele stock on order, you should get the folder. That's what I did. Worse case is that I sell one of the two stocks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I started to get pissed off when I read there were side folders for sale on the website and I hadn't received a shipping notification for my back order.  Checked my credit card and there is a charge for my stock .
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I started to get pissed off when I read there were side folders for sale on the website and I hadn't received a shipping notification for my back order.  Checked my credit card and there is a charge for my stock .
View Quote

Samesies. I was flipping out until I checked my bank statement!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#17]
They need to hurry the hell up with the teles. I can't believe in 2015 a company like Sig can't pump out a simple product to meet what I'm assuming isn't a huge market. How many SBRd MPX are really out there?  I can't imagine every single MPX owner SBRd their guns.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you guys place orders?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Telescoping Stock:
Ordered: 7/16/2015
Received: Hoping Santa has it in his sack.

Folding Stock:
Ordered: 12/10/2015 (with free shipping)
Received: in stock so expect by next week
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They need to hurry the hell up with the teles. I can't believe in 2015 a company like Sig can't pump out a simple product to meet what I'm assuming isn't a huge market. How many SBRd MPX are really out there?  I can't imagine every single MPX owner SBRd their guns.
View Quote

The tele stock is not made in house, it is subbed out. As are the  magazines, they are made by Lancer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Side folder ordered on 9 Nov 2015.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Wtf!!! I ordered mine 13 June 2015!  my card has yet to be changed!
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

They must have built a carbine to put your stock on.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bah Humbug!
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Ordered the Folder tonight. And that's the last bunch of Dimes Sig will get in il they figure out how to run their product releases in the future. Even then it'll be hard to justify another purchase.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What do you mean the button is rough? It's knurled for a reason so your thumb doesn't slip off when deploying it. Maybe you should just stick to your MP5 22 if you can handle it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. No What I mean is that the button you push to move the slide is wobbly and very hard to push. It needs to be centered and then really crammed down to move the stock. Not an easy process in the least. Maybe it will ease up with use. I don't know. A lever system would work better imo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I ordered both stocks a couple weeks ago.  Just got shipping notice on the folder.

Unfortunately I just E-filed last week and understand that the wait times are about 2 months. Maybe my collapsible stock will be in by them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Waits are 4 months on efile right now
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Waits are 4 months on efile right now
View Quote

Holy crap!!!  I did a couple last year that took 3 weeks each.  I guess there are a LOT more people getting SBRs.

Looks like my Form 1 and Form 4 for Octane will arrive around the same time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I had to call sig twice today to ask why my stock hasnt shipped yet. They said they didnt have any instock. I told them that was wrong because i ordered one the website last night. I asked if they could transfer the discount to the order i made last night and cancel my backorder. At first they said no, then on the second call they said the could refund me the discount after the payment goes through.

Honestly im pissed i was able to but a stock from the website before the on i ordered months ago was shipped! I shouldnt have to jump through hoops like this as a paying customer! Im sorry but im done with sig! This is a fucking shit show!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone get a shipping notice today?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone get a shipping notice today?
View Quote

Yes, first thing this morning.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Order for collapsible stock placed today, 12/11/2015.

CS said it would be about 6-8 weeks for both the 3pk mags and the stock. The mag pouch should ship out immediately though.

I already have 3 mags so the wait doesn't concern me. As for the stock.... I ain't holding my breath.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Order for collapsible stock placed today, 12/11/2015.

CS said it would be about 6-8 weeks for both the 3pk mags and the stock. The mag pouch should ship out immediately though.

I already have 3 mags so the wait doesn't concern me. As for the stock.... I ain't holding my breath.
View Quote

I got the same exact reply from CS...back in June.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had to call sig twice today to ask why my stock hasnt shipped yet. They said they didnt have any instock. I told them that was wrong because i ordered one the website last night. I asked if they could transfer the discount to the order i made last night and cancel my backorder. At first they said no, then on the second call they said the could refund me the discount after the payment goes through.

Honestly im pissed i was able to but a stock from the website before the on i ordered months ago was shipped! I shouldnt have to jump through hoops like this as a paying customer! Im sorry but im done with sig! This is a fucking shit show!!!
View Quote

What the fuck? I asked if they could do that this AM and the Rep said that the webstore and the Customer Service lines were not linked and he wouldn't apply the discount. So I have the folder ordered at full price. What the ever loving fuck Sig? Also I ordered the Folder last night and received the order acceptance and they charged my credit card; but no shipping notifications have arrived yet today. And I put 2 day shipping.

Fuck You Sig
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What the fuck? I asked if they could do that this AM and the Rep said that the webstore and the Customer Service lines were not linked and he wouldn't apply the discount. So I have the folder ordered at full price. What the ever loving fuck Sig? Also I ordered the Folder last night and received the order acceptance and they charged my credit card; but no shipping notifications have arrived yet today. And I put 2 day shipping.

Fuck You Sig
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck You Sig

Yea thats what i was told until i called again and told them what bs it was! Same here charged but no shipping notification yet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yea thats what i was told until i called again and told them what bs it was! Same here charged but no shipping notification yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck You Sig

So looking at the website now it says the folder is "Restricted in some areas " for my CO zip code. It sure wasn't listed this way last night... I'm wondering if this is why I haven't gotten a shipping notice. But these cocksuckers have charged my card. Also why is the 3rd stock (the unholy abortion of the Telestock and the Folder listed for $238.00) when th first two stocks were both $300.00?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:06:45 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

That hybrid stock looks like a big bag of shit. Where the fuck are the telestocks? This is beyond ridiculous at this fucking point.

That thing is a bag of smashed assholes.  I fear the telestock will never be produced again and they're going to transition over exclusively to that sliding black dildo eating fart box.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That hybrid stock looks like a big bag of shit. Where the fuck are the telestocks? This is beyond ridiculous at this fucking point.

That thing is a bag of smashed assholes.  I fear the telestock will never be produced again and they're going to transition over exclusively to that sliding black dildo eating fart box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Clearly Lancer was not prepared for the rush of mag orders from Sig to help satisfy their hungry customers.

It's painfully obvious there was a serious lack of foresight on the demand for the tele' stocks. I wonder who's making the stocks for Sig? Because if it's Sig, there would probably be a better estimate of lead times. Unless there's a hold up from a third party for parts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#41]
It's an outside vendor. I think most people's issue at this point is the fact that rather than fill back orders, Sig sticks the telescoping stock on new carbines. They're available, just not appropriated correctly
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Input my zip code onto this prompt

Some states have legal restrictions for the purchase of items so we need to ask for your location.

Get this

Not available in your area
Change your area: 94043

What the fuck...

Doing the leg work for CA DOJ so Californians can't build a rifle under 30"? What is this horseshit?

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Who wants to bet they offer this bag of shit folding tele stock for those of us that have been waiting for months for the real one just to get more of our money.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's an outside vendor. I think most people's issue at this point is the fact that rather than fill back orders, Sig sticks the telescoping stock on new carbines. They're available, just not appropriated correctly
View Quote

Absolutely correct. SIG is clearing the absolute minimum amount of backorders they think they can get away with and putting the stocks on carbines that are going to distributors. That way they can book new sales by year end. The backorders are much smaller dollar amounts and they have no incentive to clear them out anytime soon because people aren't cancelling, they are waiting. I'm not sure why they don't think people have that figured out.

This is poor customer service and it surprises us because most gun companies do a pretty good job of customer service. SIG not being one of them these past few years.

Remember a few weeks ago SIG said they were going to come out with a written explanation for the MPX debacle and the companies position on it? The heat passed and so did the urgency for that write up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

This thing looks butt ugly - I am glad I ordered the aluminum folder.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Absolutely correct. SIG is clearing the absolute minimum amount of backorders they think they can get away with and putting the stocks on carbines that are going to distributors. That way they can book new sales by year end. The backorders are much smaller dollar amounts and they have no incentive to clear them out anytime soon because people aren't cancelling, they are waiting. I'm not sure why they don't think people have that figured out.

View Quote

Why would they care if their strategy is figured out? What they're doing IS working.

Even if they lose a few hundred more disheartened customers, they know the massive demand for their products will keep the sales flowing faster than production can keep up. They literally sell more crap than they can make (at higher margins than before) and buyers keep wanting their crap. It's a win/win for SIG USA.

It's my opinion that SIG has plunged downhill since 2005 (with the Cohen situation). Still, I am a huge fan of their old products and will continue to seek out secondary-market items which were produced back when QC (and CS) was way higher. (It used to be through-the-roof. Best-of-the-best.) But they don't make money from people like me, so the current SIG doesn't care about nor cater to my interests. That's ok. Life goes on, and I still have awesome old SIG products to enjoy.

{End of rant.} lol

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered the folder back in the summer. I received it today. It's the one listed on there website. It's seems to be decent. yep $239   .. At least it's here....   Cheers Wardawg
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I ordered the folder back in the summer. I received it today. It's the one listed on there website. It's seems to be decent. yep $239   .. At least it's here....   Cheers Wardawg
View Quote

Its a good stock, and it's nice to hear that Sig has actually shipped a backordered item.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#49]
I have had a folding stock backordered since the middle of May.  Amazing that these are on the website when my backorder hasn't shipped.  I'll wait for the shipped notice and then I'll call them up and cancel the backorder.

What I won't be doing is buying anything else "SIG".
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Got my shipping notice on Saturday morning for folder ordered Thursday evening.  Hope to see it this week.  No word to telescoping stock order from July.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top