Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2015 2:25:09 PM EDT
I called to order my "Gen II" magazines today...

- No part number yet and they won't have them until next week
- They will not be offering the "Essentials Pack" only single mags
- When I inquired about discounts on Gen II 9MM mags for those of us who bought them but now need a Gen II upper if we want run a factory shorter barrel...I was told that apparently they have changed their mind and WILL be making different barrel lengths for Gen I uppers
   -  This "new" data came to light in a "big" meeting they had this morning
- Still said they will offer Gen II upper to Gen I owners for the price of the normal caliber conversion kit

Me - "You all understand that this whole situation is pissing a lot of people off"
Them - "Yes"

Me - "With all the information / mis-information out on this whole issue, including Gen I and Gen compatibility, timing of releasing mags, uppers, barrels, etc. do folks need to just keep calling you periodically to get answers/updates?  Seems a waste of everyone's time.  When is there going to be some info readily available and updated somewhere to address all these things"
Them - "Well, that was part of this big meeting we had today with marketing.  We've asked them to put some sort of web page together to address the compatibility and availability questions"

Me - "When will that be up"
Them - "Sometime in the next month"

Seems ludicrous that it could take a month to get this info out there.  This is all about transparency.  Don't try to cover your ass.  Tell people what happened, why it happened, what's the fix and what's the timing.  Do that, do it right, and execute it as promised and while folks may still be upset, clearing up all the confusion will go along way to not having the situation continue to get out of hand.

Still worried about long-term support for everything Gen I.  May still have to pony up for 9MM Gen II upper and mags to be safe.  If my lower wasn't already engraved I'd sell it and never look back.  Whole situation is just shitty.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Big companies with multiple departments move slower than molasses...

On the bright side, Sig charged my card last night for two 3-packs of Gen 1 mags... yay... I think?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On the bright side, Sig charged my card last night for two 3-packs of Gen 1 mags... yay... I think?
View Quote

I never purchased a Gen 1 after hearing learning Gen 2 would have Kemod rail and barrel and caliber convertibility. I did however preorder a magpack and collapsible a while before I got my KM MPX after reading here about delays (they never asked for my serial # and still gav me the 20% discount). When I knew delivery was imminent I got back in contact with Sig to ensure I was getting tan mag pack. At that time I specifically mentioned getting a Gen 2 and inquired about a time frame and got no mention then of incompatibility.

Low a behold my Amex gets charged the day the incompatibility shit storm hits, so the next morning I call back to Sig and ask if my order was for the correct Gen 2 mags and found out I was being sent Gen 1's.

After rep spoke with his supervisor he emailed me a pre paid shipping label to send back the mags as I told they were not compatible with my MPX and that the correct Gen 2's would go out ASAP. They did instruct for me to keep the magpack and only ship back magazines and now I see why. Apparently people within Sig where just as unaware of all the differences between the models as those of us on the outside.

Needless to say but I am really glad I waited!
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as my Gen I lower can be used with the Gen II upper and any future modifications all will be well.  Yeah we might have to purchase the Gen II upper and mags but I am fine with that as long as those of us with a Form 1'd lower can still use it on the future generations.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the new information. Read the announcment at the top and post in one of the other half dozen threads that started last night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top