Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 8:34:48 PM EDT
Rumors a few months back were that they had a new charging handle in the works to address the issue of the current one beating up the receiver.  Did this ever happen?  Read something on sigforums about a new one but no one there seems to know anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they did.

3RP facebook post

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it correct the play/slop issue?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish AXTS would make one.
I'm sure it would be rock solid.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Will those owners that bought a "Gen1" have an option to get this new CH? I don't really care too much about barrel changes/caliber swaps but the CH actually tears up the reciever a good deal. I bought one on THU and have only cycled the CH less than 20 times and it's visibly chipping away at the upper and lower receivers. The whole Velcro trick shouldn't even be a fix nor should the paper clip fix. Although novel thoughts that fix the problem SIG should be addressing this ASAP.

That all said, I'm headed out in a few to go run some rounds down range with my new MPX-P!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will those owners that bought a "Gen1" have an option to get this new CH? I don't really care too much about barrel changes/caliber swaps but the CH actually tears up the reciever a good deal. I bought one on THU and have only cycled the CH less than 20 times and it's visibly chipping away at the upper and lower receivers. The whole Velcro trick shouldn't even be a fix nor should the paper clip fix. Although novel thoughts that fix the problem SIG should be addressing this ASAP.

That all said, I'm headed out in a few to go run some rounds down range with my new MPX-P!
View Quote

Call Sig and report back your findings.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually say squeaky wheel gets the grease, but in Sig's case with all the money coming in from all their products they don't care if the wheel comes off.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Its funny how it seems to change depending on who you talk too.  I will post a picture once my updated charging handle arrives otherwise they were just pulling my leg,
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
So I received my what I was told updated Charging Handle today.  It does not look like the one in the picture above.  It lookes almost identical to the original one.  Taking a closer look at it everything is identical to the original except the updated one I received has a bevel where it rubs.  I don't believe it will make much of a difference.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Have a photo with side by side comparison?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't see where I can post pictures.  Let me try and read not sure maybe due to I am new
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Go to imgur.com
Upload
Copy link to photo
Post it here
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Fixed your picture for you because I'm a nice person. ~TCBA_Joe
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Man this is a pain.  Not sure if the first one came out, Fist picture is the new updated one with the bevel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#15]

On the right side of the photobucket window you need to cut/paste the "Direct" URL under "share this photo. ~TCBA_Joe

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, I have to head out for an hour but if anyone wants any other pictures let me know and I will post it when I get back.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#17]
That above pic with the ambi CH is one from a MCX I believe. I'll pull mine out later and see if it fits my MPX.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
my wife bought me a copy of a gun rag called Recoil. It has a write up on the MPX in it. The write up is all prasie for the carbine. The great thing is it shows several pic's of there test carbine and it has the mard up chargeing handle impact marks.. I am going to file the bevel in the charging handle my self amd put a piece of thick tape on the reciever in the area affected.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I put a much larger bevel on my CH.

Next will be some silicon gasket material for a gas buster hack.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
FYI the MCX CH is slightly longer than the MPX CH so my assumption above was incorrect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top