Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 3:52:02 PM EDT
Handled one today and I think this may be my next rifle.
It caught my attention over the racks full of other AR and similar rifles.
I am concerned with the rifles accuracy due to the barrel being easy to change, and because it is so thin.
The other concern is the front sight being mounted to that removable handguard.
Also, what should I expect to pay for one?
Anyway, I'm not much for all of these remakes of ARs, but there is something about the MCX that I like.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone???
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't really done a formal test yet with match ammo, but I was definitely under 2" with mine with 55gr PMC at 100 yards last time I had it out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't really done a formal test yet with match ammo, but I was definitely under 2" with mine with 55gr PMC at 100 yards last time I had it out.
View Quote

That skinny barrel cause and POI change when hot?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't do enough shooting to really notice any shift. I was unfortunately having to zero several rifles and didn't get to run it as much as I would have liked. It was all suppressed as well FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The barrel really isn't that skinny. I would say its about the same as a Gov't profile barrel but its not a pencil barrel either. With it being CHF, I am sure it can take a lot of abuse. I do hope they offer a little heavier profile though at least on the SBR barrels. Perfect profile would be like the Noveske N4 barrel.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Any opinions on the barrel attachment system?
I've seen a video of a guy changing the barrel, and he seemed concerned that it may not be durable, or a replaceable part like other areas of wear on the MCX.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I had asked a guy to measure it on this forum in another thread and he definitely came back with "pencil-like" measurements. At least in front of the gas block anyway.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The barrel really isn't that skinny. I would say its about the same as a Gov't profile barrel but its not a pencil barrel either. With it being CHF, I am sure it can take a lot of abuse. I do hope they offer a little heavier profile though at least on the SBR barrels. Perfect profile would be like the Noveske N4 barrel.
View Quote

I looked at my MCX versus my DD m4v5 standard and they weren't very different at all.  I'll have to put a mic to it to be sure though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top