Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2015 9:48:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll probably have stones thrown at me, but have you considered the RRA LAR47 or CMMG MK47 and have the barrel cut down (after SBR paperwork clears)?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The Mutant takes any AR10 forearm in the DPMS pattern, iirc.

Good thing is, they're supposedly planning a pistol version.

Go to the CMMG board and tell them what you want!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/145_CMMG_Inc.html

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
After getting mine back from Sig, I haven't had time to get to the range with it, so I don't know if it works yet.  

I hope it works now.  I've put a lot of money into it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been stalking this thread for a while waiting to see if anyone would get back to you since I am curious myself! really wanted these to be good to go but also heard a bunch of mixed reviews.  Please let us know how yours works out!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
It seems that I'm always the exception...
My 556xiR pistol has gone back to Sig and still doesn't work. Been too occupied with AKs to call Sig again. I guess I'll have to soon.

Btw the first time it went back Sig said they found nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When was it made and when did you get it?  When did you send it back to sig last?  What is it doing, short stroking?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 556xiR pistol has gone back to Sig and still doesn't work. Been too occupied with AKs to call Sig again. I guess I'll have to soon.

When was it made and when did you get it?  When did you send it back to sig last?  What is it doing, short stroking?

The box said it was built October 6th, 2014.  I sent it back to Sig on Jan 3rd, got it back late January.  Took it back out on Feb 7th.

Yes, it short stroked the first time, and it still short stroked the second time.  I even used some of my hotter ammo, GT and Arsenal brass case.  Left the gas valve at factory setting the 2nd time.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#13]
That mil-comm 25 grease is the way to go, i'm using it in just about all my semi-auto rifles and pistols now. My XI-R is running like a champ now after having it returned
from SIG.

HDH.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That sucks.  All I plan on using is Wolf so if I have problems it is going back as well.  I did ask for a build date before I purchased and supposedly it is 1/31/15.  I won't be arriving until next week so I'll report back.  I know people have stated that sig wants you to use that mill com 25 grease in the rifle.  did you try using that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The box said it was built October 6th, 2014.  I sent it back to Sig on Jan 3rd, got it back late January.  Took it back out on Feb 7th.

Yes, it short stroked the first time, and it still short stroked the second time.  I even used some of my hotter ammo, GT and Arsenal brass case.  Left the gas valve at factory setting the 2nd time.

That sucks.  All I plan on using is Wolf so if I have problems it is going back as well.  I did ask for a build date before I purchased and supposedly it is 1/31/15.  I won't be arriving until next week so I'll report back.  I know people have stated that sig wants you to use that mill com 25 grease in the rifle.  did you try using that?

I took it to the range with whatever Sig lubricated the gun with, so whatever grease they recommend hopefully was already on it.

It's kind of disappointing though that a gun company has to rely on a very specific grease for their gun to run.  Coming from an AK background where any lubricant, from axle grease to bacon grease, is good to go, to something that needs a very specific grease.  I can understand that for a precision scientific instrument, but for a gun?  I have the feeling Sig just did not go through my gun very well.  I'll keep sending it back to Sig until they find me a fix.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Right on I  hope it runs well for you!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top