User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No worries I'll delete them
View Quote

I don't think that was the point - certainly not mine.  They're great pictures!

ETA: and now that they're on a previous page, they won't be killing us as we try to reply and view latest postings, etc.

GTG as far as I'm concerned!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd actually appreciate being able to download the whole collection for future perusal - it really does kill my web browser trying to sort through it here.  I appreciate the effort and the great pictures, but for me personally it would be much more useful as a single .ZIP file somewhere so I could sift through it with my usual image viewer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know how ARFCOMers get when they really want to nit-pick at versioning differences (my self included). I didn't want to have to come back and take a second round of pics for the guys wanting to see every angle.

I'd actually appreciate being able to download the whole collection for future perusal - it really does kill my web browser trying to sort through it here.  I appreciate the effort and the great pictures, but for me personally it would be much more useful as a single .ZIP file somewhere so I could sift through it with my usual image viewer.

I'll post a link to the album when I have a few minutes.

EDIT:

This should work SIG MPX Pics
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This should work SIG MPX Pics
View Quote

...and it does, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys... Sometimes I forget that not everyone has a 400 Mbps connection.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha! Let's get back on track. So what are the major differences between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ha! Let's get back on track. So what are the major differences between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags?
View Quote

Gen2 mags will all have tan followers.  Longer feed lips.

Mags will fit in either generation, but may experience higher failure rates if you don't use the corresponding gen mag/upper.

10rd and 20rd mags were intentionally held back until 30rd mags were 100%, so they should be flowing soon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Coregon

Can you shed some light on this issues.

Are we talking frequent mag failures or maybe just less than 100% on full auto or something like this?

Are Gen II uppers  compatible with Gen I barrels/bolts?

i have so many questions and have seen about 5 different answers people have gotten from Sig.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Coregon

Can you shed some light on this issues.

Are we talking frequent mag failures or maybe just less than 100% on full auto or something like this?  Honestly, i'm to 100%.  These will be failures to feed, but I do not have data showing failures rates, etc.  Sorry

Are Gen II uppers  compatible with Gen I barrels/bolts? I do not believe so, but I will have to confirm

i have so many questions and have seen about 5 different answers people have gotten from Sig.  Feel free to PM me, anytime.

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks. I really do love the gun and what it offers. I just don't get Sigs thought process here. They got a good product but this is kinda getting out of hand with the confusion on product specs..
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Coregon,

Thanks for the info on the magazine issue.  Needless to say this is very disappointing to hear.  I now have a good supply of Gen 1 mags that I expected to use for a Gen 2 PDW along with my Gen 1s.  That will not be happening now.  Most of us understood that a new Gen 2 upper would be needed for caliber conversions.  Never was there any mention of new magazines.

Do you know if 10 rd and 20 rd magazines will be manufactured for Gen 1 uppers?

To make this right Sig should swap out the Gen 1 magazines for Gen 1 customers that purchase Gen 2 uppers.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Just figured out that my Octane 9HD was already set up for 13.5x1 LH (albeit with a piston and spring). What is the best way to run the can... Fixed mount or piston w/ a spacer? I figure a fixed mount will take up less internal volume and thus be a tad bit more quiet, but I'd like to get the opinion of those with  more experience on the matter.

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#15]

A fixed mount may give you some more volume, but it will be a pain in the ass to get the piston seated into the birdcage again with all the carbon fouling. Between the two, I'd run the piston with spacer.

I went with a 3-lug option and now my Octane 9 is a dedicated 3-lug can.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:23:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
  A fixed mount may give you some more volume, but it will be a pain in the ass to get the piston seated into the birdcage again with all the carbon fouling. Between the two, I'd run the piston with spacer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Great info! Where did you get the tri-lug adapter?

EDIT:

I found your HK Parts vs. TROS comparison
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Just saw this on the mpx Facebook group

"I talked to Sig earlier.

I found out that the mags that came with our MPX (Gen 1) and mags we are buying now will not work in Gen 2 models... Did all of you know that?

He also confirmed that the caliber conversions/barrels would not work with our Gen 1s which most of us already knew.
On a brighter note, when things start flowing, he said that Sig will offer Gen 1 owners a Gen 2 upper for the price of a barrel conversion (1 time deal).
For the most part our Gen 1s will now be Gen 2s and accept all barrel conversions.
Just remember that any magazines we are using now will not work/feed in our MPX after the new upper is installed.
Might not want to buy to many "Gen 1mags" if you plan on eventually upgrading to a gen 2 upper.

Some or most of you might already know all this. I didn't..."

Pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the name of that Facebook page?

I can't find it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the name of that Facebook page?

I can't find it.
View Quote

Sig Sauer MPX - Owners
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Just to make sure I understand this correctly... Gen1 and Gen2 are only referring to the uppers correct?  The lowers have not changed?  And the lower is the actual "gun"?  So, if you form 1 your MPX, you will be able to swap out to Gen2 uppers and be fine, except if you are using Gen1 mags?  Geesh!!  This is getting confusing!
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]
So Sig is going to be delivering on all this bullshit, when, exactly?  Gen 1 mags, gen 2 mags, gen 2 uppers, gen 2 caliber conversions, and heaven forbid some spare Gen 1 barrels.  WHERE ARE THE TELESTOCKS BACKORDERED FOR 5+ MONTHS?  

This company can't deliver a few hundred fucking stocks. And they're going to manage the production logistics and timely/adequate supply of all this extra stuff, in multiple generations?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I hate to say it but this is probably my last SIG product - too much B.S. and runaround.  The "Gen2 upper for price of a barrel change" sounds good and all, but also sounds like wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:28:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but this is probably my last SIG product - too much B.S. and runaround.  The "Gen2 upper for price of a barrel change" sounds good and all, but also sounds like wishful thinking.
View Quote

I'm with you on my last product. No more. The discounted upper sounds nice too but it would still be 300-400 you shouldn't have to spend. Then tac on the mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm with you on my last product. No more. The discounted upper sounds nice too but it would still be 300-400 you shouldn't have to spend. Then tac on the mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto...I've never seen such a retarded product launch.  As much as I like my MPX I am giving serious thought to just selling it which is a shame as it's a great firearm.

You really need to wonder what's going on over at Sig management that would tell the public they are releasing a multi-cal firearm with easy change barrels, than release something other than what was promised, and not only that follow up with a gen II version that may or may not have mags that are compatible with the gen 1 version.

I do not see how heads are not rolling over this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Man... KAK ships fast, don't they?

This is my final config while I decide whether or not the MPX is a keeper. Not thrilled about some of the design choices but if she runs well, there aren't exactly that many sub guns to pick from.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto for me too. I've owned over a dozen SIG firearms over the years. All new. The MPX is my last one. I'm done. I was looking at one of their Suppressors for the MPX. Now I feel like I'd be crazy to even consider it.

Is anyone actually in charge over there?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#27]
So I have been playing around with the cheek weld on my Shockwave/KAK and T1/LT660 mount. To be honest, lower 1/3 AR-height co-witness feels too high. For those of you with T1/T2/Holosun/PA Advanced RDS's, what do you think is the ideal mount height should be? Absolute AR-height or maybe a low mount (ditching the SIG BUIS altogether)?

Btw... I'm not a fan of the included BUIS. Maybe it is just my eyes, but the larger aperture is far too large and thin. The small one is fuzzy as well. I wish Magpul made MBUS Pro Micros.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Btw... I'm not a fan of the included BUIS. Maybe it is just my eyes, but the larger aperture is far too large and thin. The small one is fuzzy as well. I wish Magpul made MBUS Pro Micros.
View Quote

You could always drill the smaller aperture out to something that works for you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You could always drill the smaller aperture out to something that works for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would make it just as bad as the large aperture (to me). When I get behind a LMT (fixed), Larue (fixed), MaTech, ARMS, KAC, MBUS Pro or even (heaven forbid) a Troy, I see a defined circle that I can align a front sight within. On the Sig I get, so fuzzy I can't even make it out (large aperture) and a little less fuzzy but still slow to align the HK style circular front sight within. I thought it probably had something to do with the shorter sight radius but I double checked using MBUS Pros mounted on one of my SBRs that has a 7" rail and I could quickly and easily pick up a good sight picture using those irons.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone heard anything about when the parts for caliber swap will be out? or when they'll sell them in different calibers from the get go?
I'm salivating waiting on diff calibers...

Hopefully my 50cal will sell so I can help fund this & a 308...
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Whats the deal with 16 inch carbine, does it have a removable FH, is it threaded with the 13.1 X1 taper? I cant tell from the pictures. I am tempted to get one to be companion to my SBR so I could get a tele stock and a GEN II upper at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got done with the MPX's first range trip. Running 147 gr. Subsonic along with an Octane 9HD.

Takeaways:

- Awful trigger.  The worst I have ever pulled on an AR type platform.

- Great ergonomics. It really feels  good in the hands and it ponts/moves almost naturally.

- Superb accuracy. Right out of the box,  I was stacking holes at 15, 20 and 25 yards.

- Recoil is very manageable both suppressed and unsuppressed. It stays on target during strings of fire.

- I hate the irons (aperture too large for me)

- 3 out of 5 mags did not LRBHO. This was all using the same mag.

- Very gassy. This is the most crap I have ever had blown directly to my face. This is alarmingly close to a deal-breaker.

- Very fun to shoot. Something about the whole package just feels right.

Granted,  some of the issues could be attributed to the ammo,  but still, due to the whole back end/charging handle design,  the MPX pretty much has gas going directly to the shooter's face. I'd like to see someone make a gas deflector charging handle for this thing.

I hear the Evo 3 has much better gas management so I'm going to pick one up and keep the one that is less irritating.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#33]
F
Quoted:
Just got done with the MPX's first range trip. Running 147 gr. Subsonic along with an Octane 9HD.

Takeaways:

- Great ergonomics. It really feels  good in the hands and it ponts/moves almost naturally.

- Superb accuracy. Right out of the box,  I was stacking holes at 15, 20 and 25 yards.

- Recoil is very manageable both suppressed and unsuppressed. It stays on target during strings of fire.

- Very gassy. This is the most crap I have ever had blown directly to my face. This is alarmingly close to a deal-breaker.

Granted,  some of the issues could be attributed to the ammo,  but still, due to the whole back end/charging handle design,  the MPX pretty much has gas going directly to the shooter's face. I'd like to see someone make a gas deflector charging handle for this thing.

I hear the Evo 3 has much better gas management so I'm going to pick one up and keep the one that is less irritating.
View Quote

What 147gr ammo ? I just picked up 1000rds of the Speer Lawman 147gr but haven't shot it yet. I also hate the giant Iron Sights they put on this gun too. Also though my AAC TiRant 45 had zero gas face issues.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So I have been playing around with the cheek weld on my Shockwave/KAK and T1/LT660 mount. To be honest, lower 1/3 AR-height co-witness feels too high. For those of you with T1/T2/Holosun/PA Advanced RDS's, what do you think is the ideal mount height should be? Absolute AR-height or maybe a low mount (ditching the SIG BUIS altogether)?

View Quote

I totally agree.  I put a low mount on mine.  Like the factory T1 mount.  Works great!  The factory irons blow!

T
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Takeaways:

View Quote

Yup....from the Hickok's video, lots of gas from the back end of the MPX as well as out the ejection port...he was using an Octane 45:

And some gas coming out of the charging handle from Mac's video...maybe RTV seal on the charging handle to mitigate gas:

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Strangely, I don't feel like I've experienced this overgassing with mine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Strangely, I don't feel like I've experienced this overgassing with mine.
View Quote

Nor have I.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup....from the Hickok's video, lots of gas from the back end of the MPX as well as out the ejection port...he was using an Octane 45:
https://j.gifs.com/y5PaWx.gif
https://j.gifs.com/mL4l6l.gif

And some gas coming out of the charging handle from Mac's video...maybe RTV seal on the charging handle to mitigate gas:
https://j.gifs.com/m8lJ36.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takeaways:

https://j.gifs.com/y5PaWx.gif
https://j.gifs.com/mL4l6l.gif

https://j.gifs.com/m8lJ36.gif

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#39]
So, for someone jumping into this thread late, what's the story with changing calibers in the MPX2.0? full upper swap or just a barrel mag change as originally designed?

Seems like MPX1.0 owners will have to swap uppers and mags won't be compatible?

ETA: just found the other thread. Apologies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#40]
MPX mags in stock at Top Gun Supply.  $62 and about 190 in stock.  No neckbearding.  Link
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Due to lack of confidence in the HK Parts design and TROS' logistical challenges with delivering product to customers in a timely manner, I ordered a Griffin Armament 3 lug adapter for my Octane 9 HD (w/ 3-Lug Mount).

The Griffin 3 lug adapter looks well made and upon closer inspection, appears to have addressed the issue with the MPX's taper nearing the muzzle. It looks like the bearing surface is against the muzzle end (as it should be for this application).

I'll follow up with thoughts on how well it mates with the Silencerco 3-Lug Adapter and whether contact is made against the Sig's muzzle end when tightened later this evening.

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It will contact the muzzle face of the MPX barrel, and will also work with other market offered 3 Lug mounts.
View Quote

I also ordered the griffin 3 lug and their 3 lug mount too for my Octane 45.  I heard it will work and offers a shortened length when compared to the Silencerco 3 lug mount.  Anyone use this on the Octane suppressors?  I'm hoping it will be ok.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Due to lack of confidence in the HK Parts design and TROS' logistical challenges with delivering product to customers in a timely manner, I ordered a Griffin Armament 3 lug adapter for my Octane 9 HD (w/ 3-Lug Mount).

The Griffin 3 lug adapter looks well made and upon closer inspection, appears to have addressed the issue with the MPX's taper nearing the muzzle. It looks like the bearing surface is against the muzzle end (as it should be for this application).
I'll follow up with thoughts on how well it mates with the Silencerco 3-Lug Adapter and whether contact is made against the Sig's muzzle end when tightened later this evening.

View Quote

That looks really good - and has wrench flats that the TROS 3-lug adapter does not have.

Looks like GA is the go-to for MPX 3-lug adapters.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:That looks really good - and has wrench flats that the TROS 3-lug adapter does not have.

View Quote

Did you do the comparison between the HK Parts and TROS muzzle devices? If so, thanks for the contribution. It was the basis for me deciding to try out the GA part.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
  Did you do the comparison between the HK Parts and TROS muzzle devices? If so, thanks for the contribution. It was the basis for me deciding to try out the GA part.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:That looks really good - and has wrench flats that the TROS 3-lug adapter does not have.

I did. Also good to know that the GA part is made out of 17-4. I'd love to get one of GA's, but I've already blown a load of cash on M13.5x1LH 3-lug adapters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That looks really good - and has wrench flats that the TROS 3-lug adapter does not have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I being stupid or is it not on the Griffin web page???
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:14:29 AM EDT
[#48]
It is under Silencer Accessories not Muzzle Devices.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Saw X Products is coming out with a drum for the MPX next year
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It is under Silencer Accessories not Muzzle Devices.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Revolution-3-Lug-Adapters-p/93l.htm

View Quote

Gotcha, thanks - so the "13.5x1 LH" is the MPX-specific one?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top