User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
MPX ARF by Two Sierra, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
With my approved form 1 and no stocks anytime soon this thread is just painful to look at now. :(
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With my approved form 1 and no stocks anytime soon this thread is just painful to look at now. :(
View Quote

With both of mine back in Sigs hands for warranty work it is extremely painful.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wowsers!  Details please????
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had my stamp since July and stock on BO since early June .  Everytime I call and check on it it's 10-12 more weeks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I love the damn things. Both of them have lead and copper inside the piston. It looks like the gas port/hole was drilled in a bad spot and should have been chamfered or something. Small amounts of lead and copper are getting shaved off and forced into the piston. Called Sig and they sent out call tags for them. I still have not heard back yet, its only been a little over a week since they got them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First I love the damn things. Both of them have lead and copper inside the piston. It looks like the gas port/hole was drilled in a bad spot and should have been chamfered or something. Small amounts of lead and copper are getting shaved off and forced into the piston. Called Sig and they sent out call tags for them. I still have not heard back yet, its only been a little over a week since they got them.
View Quote

Thanks!  I'll make sure to look for that in mine - I like how it shoots, but am very disappointed with how dirty it gets, and SIG's backpedaling on the trigger compatibility, and the charging handle, and the magazine situation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks!  I'll make sure to look for that in mine - I like how it shoots, but am very disappointed with how dirty it gets, and SIG's backpedaling on the trigger compatibility, and the charging handle, and the magazine situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I did for the charging handle was file an angle on the straight surface that keeps getting abraded. I've seen the paperclip fix and I didn't want to throw office products into my receiver.  Weapons are mentioned to be used so a little filing and alumablack  took care of that issue.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All I did for the charging handle was file an angle on the straight surface that keeps getting abraded. I've seen the paperclip fix and I didn't want to throw office products into my receiver.  Weapons are mentioned to be used so a little filing and alumablack  took care of that issue.
View Quote

Sorry, I meant the "ambidextrous" CH which wasn't - I've probably not charged mine enough to experience the abrasion yet.  Kinda hoped SIG would have a fix by  now though
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:...and SIG's backpedaling on the trigger compatibility, and the charging handle, and the magazine situation.
View Quote

Could you elaborate on these issues? Haven't kept up with all of the Sig threads.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Could you elaborate on these issues? Haven't kept up with all of the Sig threads.

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:...and SIG's backpedaling on the trigger compatibility, and the charging handle, and the magazine situation.

Thanks

Trigger: Sig at first said that it would take any AR trigger, then said if you change out the trigger you would void your warranty.
Charging Handle: it rubs against the receiver (excess play.)
Magazine: expensive.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Trigger: Sig at first said that it would take any AR trigger, then said if you change out the trigger you would void your warranty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

CH was also billed as ambidextrous, which it's not.
Magazines in 10 & 20rd capacities are vaporware, so ban staters have to block the 30rd.  Plus, yeah, they're expensive and proprietary (which we expected/knew ahead of time).
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Magazines in 10 & 20rd capacities are vaporware, so ban staters have to block the 30rd.  Plus, yeah, they're expensive and proprietary (which we expected/knew ahead of time).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

IIRC the new charging handles are. I believe DSully has one. AR triggers work just fine. I've been using a SD-C with no issues. I presume Sig is just concerned that preemptive trigger wear will occur on lower quality aftermarket triggers without the blocking mechanism the stock trigger has.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Coming from a 2011 pistol realm, my mags are about $100 after said and done.

Have the 3-pk on order from sig, so whenever those will show up. LOL
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Got my form 1 back, just waiting on Sig to get the collapsible stock and mags i ordered back in may
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IIRC the new charging handles are. I believe DSully has one. AR triggers work just fine. I've been using a SD-C with no issues. I presume Sig is just concerned that preemptive trigger wear will occur on lower quality aftermarket triggers without the blocking mechanism the stock trigger has.
View Quote

Interesting on the CH - is that a Gen2 upper?  I understand AR triggers *work* fine, but the issue is SIG's effectively supporting them and then explicitly NOT supporting them.  Would be nice if SIG would retrofit the advertised ambidextrous CH to the guns shipped w/o them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting on the CH - is that a Gen2 upper?  I understand AR triggers *work* fine, but the issue is SIG's effectively supporting them and then explicitly NOT supporting them.  Would be nice if SIG would retrofit the advertised ambidextrous CH to the guns shipped w/o them.
View Quote

I wouldn't really expect them to support what other companies parts do regardless. They probably did extensive testing on their triggers to maximize reliability. If someone goes and buys a crap trigger and the gun breaks it or it causes a dangerous situation, it shouldn't be on Sig. I wouldn't expect them to warranty the trigger on my MPX any more than my MCX. If my trigger breaks I'd expect to call Geissele for support. If you're having an issue that isn't trigger related and need to send it in, just put the stock pack back in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got my form 1 back, just waiting on Sig to get the collapsible stock and mags i ordered back in may
View Quote

+everybody
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+everybody
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+everybody

Sig just charged my card for the mags and collapsible stock. Woohoo.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+everybody

When did you order?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When did you order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+everybody

When did you order?

Read your own quote.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#22]
That time frame is on par with my expected delivery date according to Mike of a Mid December delivery for my July order.

Quoted:

Read your own quote.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+everybody

When did you order?

Read your own quote.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered mine back in May as well. Still no charge on my cc yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Okay maybe a dumb question but searched the last several pages and couldn't find it.  The question is on thread pitch...  All I can find is that it is the 13.5×1 LH is standard.  That being said, a dealer had one in .5 x 28 and he said the new ones are all coming that way.  Can anyone verify this, or is this just a sales guy blowing smoke?

FA
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Okay maybe a dumb question but searched the last several pages and couldn't find it.  The question is on thread pitch...  All I can find is that it is the 13.5×1 LH is standard.  That being said, a dealer had one in .5 x 28 and he said the new ones are all coming that way.  Can anyone verify this, or is this just a sales guy blowing smoke?

FA
View Quote

I would say smoke. The only guns coming in .5x28 are MCXs. I'm sure coregon will be able to chime in though with a slightly more informed answer than myself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

FA
View Quote

All MPX's come with the 13x5.1LH thread because Sig doesn't want anyone to accidentally put on a flash hider designed for a 5.56 as you know what would happen if they did and fired it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All MPX's come with the 13x5.1LH thread because Sig doesn't want anyone to accidentally put on a flash hider designed for a 5.56 as you know what would happen if they did and fired it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FA

This is also the standard for Sig 9mm pistols with factory threaded barrels.
That was one reason the MPX was appealing to me, I could use the TiRant 9 for my 226 Elite on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone else experiencing a loose carrier key?  Some play between the carrier body and key has become apparent after about 550 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone else experiencing a loose carrier key?  Some play between the carrier body and key has become apparent after about 550 rounds.
View Quote

Mine is lose. I believe it's normal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your input.  I just got finished looking at my carrier in more detail, and I'm a little less concerned.  I had assumed there was an interference fit between carrier and key, but I just discovered that the key is user-removable, and it's just being held on by a spring-loaded detent.  It appears that a super tight fit between the two was not intended and, if that's the case, some small amount of play would probably be normal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:48:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I ordered mine back in May as well. Still no charge on my cc yet.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 1:50:13 AM EDT
[#32]
My mags shipped today. Ordered them back in July.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#33]
My card was charged today for the 3-mag deal.  Ordered back in mid June.  Ordered the mags with tan pouch.

Edit. Mags have shipped
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Hoping I can cash a dumbass credit and get some help. Got my MPX folding PSB and can't figure out how to fold the damn thing. Help please?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hoping I can cash a dumbass credit and get some help. Got my MPX folding PSB and can't figure out how to fold the damn thing. Help please?
View Quote

Vertical rectangle button on right side - depress while folding brace to the side.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Vertical rectangle button on right side - depress while folding brace to the side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on whether it's the new gen or old gen - for older gen, you are correct.  If it's the newer, slimmer profile, then you'll lift and rotate at the knuckle.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Depends on whether it's the new gen or old gen - for older gen, you are correct.  If it's the newer, slimmer profile, then you'll lift and rotate at the knuckle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must have 2nd gen, but this bastard won't budge.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry my bad - I have the original 'Well it's kinda like what we promised" MPX.  Good to know there's a new version of the brace mount as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#39]
FYI there is a factory sbr sig mpx on gunbroker now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#40]
There are KeyMod MPX-P's and MPX-C's (16" barrel with collapsing stock) showing up GunBroker.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=521875149

More importantly, these guns are being advertised as Gen2 uppers with larger ejection ports to accommodate 40SW and 357Sig caliber conversions. Can anyone with ties to Sig confirm if these are indeed Gen2 guns. I was under the impression that the MPX-K would be the first Gen2 version to be released.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There are KeyMod MPX-P's and MPX-C's (16" barrel with collapsing stock) showing up GunBroker.

More importantly, these guns are being advertised as Gen2 uppers with larger ejection ports to accommodate 40SW and 357Sig caliber conversions. Can anyone with ties to Sig confirm if these are indeed Gen2 guns. I was under the impression that the MPX-K would be the first Gen2 version to be released.
View Quote

I like how he pulled the factory stock off and added his in house made one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a Gen II w/keymod being delivered to my FFL today and I did not get it from Gunbroker
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have a Gen II w/keymod being delivered to my FFL today and I did not get it from Gunbroker
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not doubting you, but how did you confirm that it's a Gen2? The pictures of the shipping label on GunBroker just says MPX-P-9-KM-PSB. There is no indication of the generation. In addition, nobody with ties to Sig mentioned anything about a Gen2 release.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm not doubting you, but how did you confirm that it's a Gen2? The pictures of the shipping label on GunBroker just says MPX-P-9-KM-PSB. There is no indication of the generation. In addition, nobody with ties to Sig mentioned anything about a Gen2 release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the distributor I am getting it from confirmed it to me that is good enough for me...but to appease you I just got of the phone with SIG product support and read of the above nomenclature and they also confirmed GEN II as well!

Pics to follow when time allows in MPX pic thread.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Considering the distributor I am getting it from confirmed it to me that is good enough for me...but to appease you I just got of the phone with SIG product support and read of the above nomenclature and they also confirmed GEN II as well!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also contacted Sig support and spoke to Mike. He says that a limited number of Gen2 guns have shipped. I also pinned him down on the point of the KeyMod rails and, per him, it does signify a Gen2 gun. Enjoy your gun and let us know how much fun you're having :)
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I also contacted Sig support and spoke to Mike. He says that a limited number of Gen2 guns have shipped. I also pinned him down on the point of the KeyMod rails and, per him, it does signify a Gen2 gun. Enjoy your gun and let us know how much fun you're having :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am starting to think everyone's name at Sig is Mike or he is a jack of all trades and answers every phone call
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#47]
This is a copy of the email I received from the merchant who is selling the KeyMod MPX:

"...we just attended SIG's new product training and purchased these directly from them on Tuesday.  We are the foremost MPX aftermarket supplier and gunsmith and are very familiar with the line. SIG specified that the Gen 2 are the Keymod, grooved top picatinny rails, larger ejection port, longer bolt carrier, and different barrel extension.  We have confirmed in house as they barrels do not swap with the newer gen and the ejection ports are physically bigger.  The part number on this pistol is SIGMPXP9KM MPX P 9MM 8". You can call SIG to confirm."
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Will the keymod rails fit the gen 1's

Also will we be able to get replacment 9mm barrels in other lengths for the gen 1's
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Guys - as mentioned in earlier posts, the keypad MPX guns are "Gen2".  They can also be identified by the scalloped top picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anybody confirmed that Gen 2 uppers fit original lowers? This was stated by Sig some time ago but have not heard anything since then.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top