User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 3/27/2015 11:34:27 AM EDT
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/now-shipping-sig-sauer-mpx/

Looks like its finally being released

Link to First Review

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/gun-review-sig-sauer-mpx-pistol/
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't care about .40 or .357. Works for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
wonder if you'll be able to upgrade to v2 down the road ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a "k" version. Doubt the 4" barrel will be shipping soon though...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
MSRP on the MPX Pistol: $1,378
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll wait for a 4" .40 cal  .
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Rifles and pistols? Hmm.............a carbine might be nice. I will have to handle one, but I might just get one
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
does anyone know if the MPX-p is easily converted to an sbr when the atf approves the form?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
MSRP $1378...less than originally quoted.  This might be a play at taking back the market share that CZ took.

Quoted:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/now-shipping-sig-sauer-mpx/

Looks like its finally being released

Link to First Review

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/gun-review-sig-sauer-mpx-pistol/
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does anyone know if the MPX-p is easily converted to an sbr when the atf approves the form?
View Quote

Very easy. Stocks mount on the lower receiver in the same spot as an AR, except instead of twisting a buffer tube into a threaded hole you mount stocks via a small strip of picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#11]
the article mentions a 16" barrel so i'm assuming there will be a carbine option?  I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the article mentions a 16" barrel so i'm assuming there will be a carbine option?  I sure hope so.
View Quote

Yes, there is a 16" carbine model.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]
well now I have to find the money to buy one. I figure the release will be like the Evo Scorps release and a premium will be paid for those who have to have it now. I'm glad they are releasing it!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
MSRP $1378...less than originally quoted.  This might be a play at taking back the market share that CZ took.
View Quote

Likely bc it's not the product originally offered. It's neutered. Hopefully it will at least work 100%.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Why do I click on these threads.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet. I am glad I cancelled my pre-order now. MSRP has dropped which is awesome but I am not sure if I want 9mm only.  Either way I am glad I didn't get stuck paying $1600 for it. I will wait and see how it is received by early adopters and try to wait for the ver2. This weekend I should be able to pickup my Scorpion and Ti-Rant which should hold me over until they get it all worked out..
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sweet. I am glad I cancelled my pre-order now. MSRP has dropped which is awesome but I am not sure if I want 9mm only.  Either way I am glad I didn't get stuck paying $1600 for it. I will wait and see how it is received by early adopters and try to wait for the ver2. This weekend I should be able to pickup my Scorpion and Ti-Rant which should hold me over until they get it all worked out..
View Quote

Congratulations.

I'm sure the Scorp had something to do with the adjusted MSRP.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Congratulations.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations.

Maybe. The MSRP has already dropped once before which was when I initially decided to pre-order it. As someone else mentioned not having caliber conversion capability might have reduced cost some. If that is the case and the ver2 ends up more expensive I will be happy to get the 9mm version to save the money.  A .357SIG carbine seems pretty sweet but I don't know how much I would shoot it over 9mm anyway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe. The MSRP has already dropped once before which was when I initially decided to pre-order it. As someone else mentioned not having caliber conversion capability might have reduced cost some. If that is the case and the ver2 ends up more expensive I will be happy to get the 9mm version to save the money.  A .357SIG carbine seems pretty sweet but I don't know how much I would shoot it over 9mm anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations.

I'm biased towards .mil caliber firearms.  The .300 Blackout is the only other cal. I've had a tangential interest in, because it's somewhat of a quasi.mil option & seems to be gaining a following.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Nothing on gun broker yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nothing on gun broker yet.
View Quote

Took over a week before MCXs started showing up on GB. I'll believe they are shipping when Sig actually posts something though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Let's see if this is actually "The Truth".  As much as I want it to be this is hardly a trustworthy source.  When guys have have them listed on Gunbroker with other than stock photos I will know the MPX has shipped.  I work at one of the larger Sig distributors and we haven't seen any yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Is it actually shipping or is TTAG being TTAG? They're the worst. The sooner we stop reposting their articles and visiting their site the sooner they'll go away.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is it actually shipping or is TTAG being TTAG? They're the worst. The sooner we stop reposting their articles and visiting their site the sooner they'll go away.
View Quote

Rifle of the Year 2014!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone have solid info on what the nfa offering will be?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone have solid info on what the nfa offering will be?
View Quote

The sheets I saw had 4.5" and 8" SBRs with the telescoping stock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have info on availability of the stocks as a standalone item?  For those who would prefer to Form 1 a pistol instead of waiting on the Form 4 for the rifle...
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone have info on availability of the stocks as a standalone item?  For those who would prefer to Form 1 a pistol instead of waiting on the Form 4 for the rifle...
View Quote

No idea yet on ship dates(since I'm sure they are going to new guns). The items are in the system though per Sig.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#29]
The 16 inch carbine is supposed to be released at the end of summer
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Now to start the "when will we find one in stock" waiting thread.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm really torn whether to wait for the "gen 2" or not.

I would like to be able to change calibers but I have seen in the past that promises to release caliber change kits sometimes never happens, like the ACR.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Personally i will only shoot 9mm out of mine. I will buy this first variant, then later if they work out the .40/.357 i might buy that too... I have been on 3 waitlists for a year, i need to call around and make sure im still on them
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Same here............I really want an SBR or the carbine

Quoted:
Personally i will only shoot 9mm out of mine. I will buy this first variant, then later if they work out the .40/.357 i might buy that too... I have been on 3 waitlists for a year, i need to call around and make sure im still on them
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, pistol for me and form 1 the day i get it
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will this be the extended muzzle brake version?  What is the status of Sig's lawsuit over that brake?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't think it's the one with the extended brake........I think the barrel is 16 inches with a regular flash hider

Quoted:

Will this be the extended muzzle brake version?  What is the status of Sig's lawsuit over that brake?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact that you hear nothing from Sig about it leads me to believe they have dropped the project.  They are not shy about teasing products that are a long way off.  If they were fighting the ruling advertising that would be good for business.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The fact that you hear nothing from Sig about it leads me to believe they have dropped the project.  They are not shy about teasing products that are a long way off.  If they were fighting the ruling advertising that would be good for business.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lawsuit is still on-going. Haven't been any updates lately IIRC. The wheels of justice move slowly.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Sig distributors have still not received MPX's.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder if it's going to be like the MCX and Cabela's is getting the first batch.

ETA: It also took two weeks from them posting the MCX shipping on Instagram till they got to my local store.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I wonder if it's going to be like the MCX and Cabela's is getting the first batch.

ETA: It also took two weeks from them posting the MCX shipping on Instagram till they got to my local store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cabelas had an exclusive on the MCX, but not on the MPX, so they will be getting them just like any other distributer.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I was at Cabela's this past Saturday and asked them about the MPX and the sales guy told me he hadn't heard anything about them getting any...............they only had one MCX pistol in the safe, and didn't know when they were getting anymore.........and at 2,300 bucks they will have it awhile longer

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Cabelas had an exclusive on the MCX, but not on the MPX, so they will be getting them just like any other distributer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Just assumed the same deal was going on with the MPX. Guess I'll get to hold an MPX for the second time in a few days at NRA.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cabela's is a dealer, not a distributor.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant "dealer" thanks. A distributer would be like RSR, etc. I also spoke with Sig Sauer CS today and they have not shipped yet. Well I stand corrected, guess the CS rep didn't know shit. first one on Gunbroker for a buy it now price of only $3999.00 what a deal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=477145557
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#47]
First one is on gunbroker. :)
I bid for fun, I am sure I won't get it, but it's fun to try.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Well shit.... Its official... I seem to recall someone who needs to eat some crow.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Until I see another for sale I still don't believe it
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well shit.... Its official... I seem to recall someone who needs to eat some crow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea this guy

Quoted:
Lochness, yeti, kracken, Elvis, unicorn, then MPX!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top