User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 8:57:29 PM EDT
Anyone offer them?
Are even they still made?
I've been looking all over for them..
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are long long out of production.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Any others?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Long, long, long, long gone.

and a few ripped off pissed off people too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there any others like them on the market?

I see the front flip up from MFI, but they don't have the protective hood. I'm guessing they work with the removable rear sig factory sight?

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Your best bet is to buy a complete Swiss front and rear sight set with the rear receiver section containing the rear sight housing. Then send the upper and receiver segment to one of the few gunsmiths that can be trusted to weld the rear diopter housing in place. Refinish and shoot. Sight set is around $300, gunsmithing services $300-500, refinish $150-250 (if you have it Cerakoted or Duracoated). These numbers are wild guesstimates.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Other then GunBroker, can anyone recommend a place to look for front and rear diopter sight?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Ben at Gatewood Supply: [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks man!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
You don't like the diopter sights that Sig originally sold  for use on the new 556 series?

I found a set of the Sig / American sights on Ebay for about $150.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't like the diopter sights that Sig originally sold  for use on the new 556 series?

http://www.jamafirearms.com/img/p/181-427-thickbox.jpg
View Quote

Those are trashy junk. I wouldn't put them on a 522.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are they "trashy junk"?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Not associated with the seller, but here's a set in the EE... If I had another 556, Id already have purchased them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_47/1417866_aurora_diopter_sights_front_and_rear.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not associated with the seller, but here's a set in the EE... If I had another 556, Id already have purchased them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_47/1417866_aurora_diopter_sights_front_and_rear.html
View Quote

$425!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

$425!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$425!!!!

Yeah, a bit high, but as JoshNC said, "Sight set is around $300, gunsmithing services $300-500, refinish $150-250 (if you have it Cerakoted or Duracoated). These numbers are wild guesstimates." If I go with the Swiss sights.
or
I could get these for $425...yeah a bit high, but cheaper then the Swiss...
Shit! well, I can't blame the guy for trying to make a buck....

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
So didn you buy EM?

And I want em, just can't swing that $$.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So didn you buy EM?

View Quote

Yeah, I got them, I just didn't want to send that much, but I did..
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you.

I was half way to picking them up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replace the elevation drum spring with a stronger one and the sight works better with positive clicks..
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.....garbagiola.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So didn you buy EM?

You're going to be flooded at the quality. They look like something that SAN SIG should have been making for the 550/551/552/553

Just can't swing the $$
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Rather than calling the Sig USA sights "junk", can you be more specific as to why you think that?
I always liked the HK-91 sights, and was thinking of buying the Sig USA's for my 556R.

Do you guys also consider the sights on the German made (1980's vintage) HK-91's to be "garbageola"?...If so, then I must disagree with you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Rather than calling the Sig USA sights "junk", can you be more specific as to why you think that?
I always liked the HK-91 sights, and was thinking of buying the Sig USA's for my 556R.

Do you guys also consider the sights on the German made (1980's vintage) HK-91's to be "garbageola"?...If so, then I must disagree with you.
View Quote

No, the HK diopters are not garbage. They are very nice. But Swiss SIG diopters are in a class all their own, even nicer than HK diopters.  The Sig Sauer USA diopter is mushy and looks more fit for airsoft than a fighting rifle. I am guessing that like all other Sig Sauer accessories, the diopter is made overseas somewhere in Asia. Why they made this poor facsimile instead of simply making something similar to the Aurora set is beyond me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No, the HK diopters are not garbage. They are very nice. But Swiss SIG diopters are in a class all their own, even nicer than HK diopters.  The Sig Sauer USA diopter is mushy and looks more fit for airsoft than a fighting rifle. I am guessing that like all other Sig Sauer accessories, the diopter is made overseas somewhere in Asia. Why they made this poor facsimile instead of simply making something similar to the Aurora set is beyond me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd buy hk416 diopters before i bought SigUSA junk again
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

A friend of mine has had his diopters replaced by Sig 3 times, and they've all been loose, wobbly, and couldn't hold zero. 1 is an anomaly, 2 is a trend, 3 is shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, the HK and Swiss diopters are far from garbageola, but unfortunately the Sig USA diopters are in another class...a lower class.
The Aurora looks more of a higher quality then the Sig USA, they also sit lower, which may make it easier to mount optics.    
Here are a few pics, not mine, but if mine are different, I'll post pics...

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Get Em yet? Pics?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I have 2 rear sight assemblies that I will sell. Mount and diopter sight. In Sig grey. Sell for $375 each. PayPal friends/family only. Might trade for something AR related or AK 7.62 bbl and cash. Only 2 available. I can send pics, just email me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have 2 rear sight assemblies that I will sell. Mount and diopter sight. In Sig grey. Sell for $375 each. PayPal friends/family only. Might trade for something AR related or AK 7.62 bbl and cash. Only 2 available. I can send pics, just email me.
View Quote

Are these the weld-on or the SAN SIG clamp on (which seem to be even more vaporware-ish than Auroras)?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Weld on. Diopter sight with original base. I have removed the receiver stub on both.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Get Em yet? Pics?
View Quote

No not yet, he said the funds just cleared and they are going out Monday. I'll post pics when I get them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I got the sights the other day, they look incredible, they look just like the pics I posted from the internet. As someone here said, they look like something Sig could easily make, I don't know why they don't.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got the sights the other day, they look incredible, they look just like the pics I posted from the internet. As someone here said, they look like something Sig could easily make, I don't know why they don't.
View Quote

I'm jealous!  Congrats man.

Pics?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad you like them, great sights,  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

He had great designs.   His AR mag lower for the 556 was 100x better looking than the Sig offering too.    It's a shame his business kind of fell apart and it never made it into production.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#36]
So what exactly happened with aurora?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He had great designs.   His AR mag lower for the 556 was 100x better looking than the Sig offering too.    It's a shame his business kind of fell apart and it never made it into production.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never knew he offered a 556 lower, I did a search for them on line, but I didn't see them. Do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#38]
So, I pick up a Swiss front sight from a friend today, and I thought I would compare them to the Aurora.

The Swiss is the on the right and the Aurora on the left.

They are both the same height, but the fold down night sight is a little taller.

Here's the Aurora rear sight:

Not sure what the "O" mean, but looks like its up and down.
The Aurora sights are very nice, Sig rear should consider something more like them.
I haven't try to zero the rifle yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#39]
BTW, anyone know what size roll pin I need with the front sight?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So, I pick up a Swiss front sight from a friend today, and I thought I would compare them to the Aurora.

http://i.imgur.com/fsaEz0B.jpg

The Swiss is the on the right and the Aurora on the left.

http://i.imgur.com/QnwcRd4.jpg

They are both the same height, but the fold down night sight is a little taller.

http://i.imgur.com/AYR9YD4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RWBRy0e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OBdGRGH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XjUzRk9.jpg

Here's the Aurora rear sight:

http://i.imgur.com/oKiaI9u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FUGRQGp.jpg

Not sure what the "O" mean, but looks like its up and down.
The Aurora sights are very nice, Sig rear should consider something more like them.
I haven't try to zero the rifle yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
View Quote
SAN sig did make some rail clamp type diopters.  Very nice.  I'm on the list at ColoradoGunsales for when they come in... I'm guessing they'll be in the $400 range.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3762726
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A friend of mine has had his diopters replaced by Sig 3 times, and they've all been loose, wobbly, and couldn't hold zero. 1 is an anomaly, 2 is a trend, 3 is shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine required some dremeling in order to get them to adjust.

I bought one of the first ones they sold, and spent a large sum for that privilege.

Airsofty garbage.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I bought one of the first ones they sold, and spent a large sum for that privilege.

Airsofty garbage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Airsofty garbage.
my guess is that there are Airsoft companies out there with a higher quality product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top