Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 5:16:22 PM EDT
Okay like the title says I was trying to install a new trigger guard and when I was taking the old trigger guard out i snapped off one of the ears right in front of the grip. what are my options to get this fixed? can it be welded? glued? do I have to get a new lower? where can I get a new lower?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
New lowers are pretty cheap at the moment.  You could get a Stark grip.  JB Weld it back on.  Plenty of options.  It could be welded, but it'd cost more than a new lower.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Perfect excuse to acquire a Swiss stamped lower IMO. ;)

Unless you're referring to a Sig Ar-15 and not a 556. If that's the case, just get a new lower.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the help!

Where would be a good place to start looking for a new lower? I apologize for the stupid question but I've never researched lowers for a 556, I have a bunch of experience with AR lowers though.

Why a Swiss stamped lower?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one of these for your new lower.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Stark Grip for the oh shit moments
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
DD has an integrated trigger guard PG now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the help!

Where would be a good place to start looking for a new lower? I apologize for the stupid question but I've never researched lowers for a 556, I have a bunch of experience with AR lowers though.

View Quote

You can get new lowers direct from Sig, but they do pop up on GB occasionally. It might have been helpful to clarify it was for a 556 in your OP. If you just want a basic one configured for an AR buffer tube, I can help you with that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can get new lowers direct from Sig, but they do pop up on GB occasionally. It might have been helpful to clarify it was for a 556 in your OP. If you just want a basic one configured for an AR buffer tube, I can help you with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for the help!

sorry about that i have a bad habit of assuming people know what I'm talking about
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

What does this mean?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What does this mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does this mean?

Pretty sure he's talking AR, and meant Daniel Defense has a pistol grip with built in trigger guard.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pretty sure he's talking AR, and meant Daniel Defense has a pistol grip with built in trigger guard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does this mean?

oh no shit! I have a Daniel Defense AR I should look into that too
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Originallgripsted By fuubar67:

Stark Grip for the oh shit moments
View Quote
Yes, the grip of shame....

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I too have felt the shame of of the broken ear...
I solved the problem with a Magpul MIAD full kit that has the front strap with integral trigger guard.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Nvrmnd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top