BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back on topic people. There is an HK forum.

ETA: Anyone got an MCX on order?
View Quote

Hey Joe,

Yes I have a factory 11.5" SBR on order. Has not shipped from Sig to LGS yet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll be interested in seeing a picture. Did they say which stock comes on it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back on topic people. There is an HK forum.

ETA: Anyone got an MCX on order?

Hey Joe,

Yes I have a factory 11.5" SBR on order. Has not shipped from Sig to LGS yet.

I'll be interested in seeing a picture. Did they say which stock comes on it?

It's coming with the folder which I may just throw on the MPX. Have the MCX telescoping stock already on back order.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The folding AR style with retracting capability will be available as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I have one on order as of 15 mins ago. 16" 5.56.  No one answered my questions, so I just found what I though was a fair deal.  I did call Sig about the FDE and replacement barrels though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well I have one on order as of 15 mins ago. 16" 5.56.  No one answered my questions, so I just found what I though was a fair deal.  I did call Sig about the FDE and replacement barrels though.
View Quote

What was said about the FDE stuff?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#8]
So do you think the MCX is here to stay or will it be a flop like some of the other US based rifles Sig has made? My buddy keeps telling me to get a Beretta ARX as the MCX will probably never be adopted by any major militaries and in 5 years from now probably wont be around. I hope he is wrong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So do you think the MCX is here to stay or will it be a flop like some of the other US based rifles Sig has made? My buddy keeps telling me to get a Beretta ARX as the MCX will probably never be adopted by any major militaries and in 5 years from now probably wont be around. I hope he is wrong.
View Quote

Get both.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have thought about that. I just question the spring system in the MCX. Doesn't seem battle worthy for the long haul. I hope someone does a good torture test soon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Get both.

<a href="http://s897.photobucket.com/user/AssSupt/media/mcx/5FDFA945-654E-473E-89FA-C624E4EA36DD_zpsldi41ky1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/AssSupt/mcx/5FDFA945-654E-473E-89FA-C624E4EA36DD_zpsldi41ky1.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get both.

<a href="http://s897.photobucket.com/user/AssSupt/media/mcx/5FDFA945-654E-473E-89FA-C624E4EA36DD_zpsldi41ky1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/AssSupt/mcx/5FDFA945-654E-473E-89FA-C624E4EA36DD_zpsldi41ky1.jpg</a>

I see that you have both the MCX and ARX. If you were going to combat the zombies tomorrow and could only take 1, which would you choose?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have thought about that. I just question the spring system in the MCX. Doesn't seem battle worthy for the long haul. I hope someone does a good torture test soon.
View Quote

The recoil system in the MCX is pretty much the same as the one in the AR18/AR180, and I haven't heard of problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The recoil system in the MCX is pretty much the same as the one in the AR18/AR180, and I haven't heard of problems with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's good to know its a proven system. With more and more MCX's hitting the street, hopefully we will get some good feedback.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:37:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone see the post on SSD from the 19th?  Looks like a new stock option and the Suppressor hand guard out in the wild...  Is this news or did I miss something?  Has anyone ordered any of the additional hand guards that were supposed to be available?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he asked ^^
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What he asked ^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he asked ^^

I was told that it will likely be into next year after full roll out of all variants first.  MCX carbine, pistol, and SBRs in all calibers.  Also, replacement barrels should become available shortly after the release of that variant configuration is made available. Nobody asked but I picked mine up for 1399 shipped/no fees.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well you can certainly tell which was developed with the input from real shooters and takes lessons learned from the last 50 years, and which one was developed in a vacuum looking at only the contract specs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get both.

Well you can certainly tell which was developed with the input from real shooters and takes lessons learned from the last 50 years, and which one was developed in a vacuum looking at only the contract specs.

Well in your opinion which one was developed with real input? And why?  Just looking to understand.  Edit: what top .mil unit adopted or can you point me to a place to find out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do you have an MCX? Because no, it's not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do and I also have an AR-180.  It's not identical, but I'd say that twin overhead recoil springs and a recoil plate acting on the rear of the receiver makes them pretty similar.  Why do you believe they are so different?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Guns are usually classified along their operating system, not their recoil buffering systems.

Its why HK416s are considered a variation of the AR180 but not the AR15.

The MCX has a large volume expansion chamber that  contains a tappet which impinges directly on the carrier.

The AR180 (and variants) funnel gas directly to the oprod contained in a sleeve which then strikes the carrier. This oprod also contains its own recoil return spring. The SIG 516 is classified as AR180 based firearm while the MCX, although developed by the same individual as the 416 and 516, is not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do and I also have an AR-180.  It's not identical, but I'd say that twin overhead recoil springs and a recoil plate acting on the rear of the receiver makes them pretty similar.  Why do you believe they are so different?

Guns are usually classified along their operating system, not their recoil buffering systems.

Its why HK416s are considered a variation of the AR180 but not the AR15.

The MCX has a large volume expansion chamber that  contains a tappet which impinges directly on the carrier.

The AR180 (and variants) funnel gas directly to the oprod contained in a sleeve which then strikes the carrier. This oprod also contains its own recoil return spring. The SIG 516 is classified as AR180 based firearm while the MCX, although developed by the same individual as the 416 and 516, is not.

Classify it how you want, but the person I was responding to was asking about the recoil system, not the operating system.  I answered the question relating to the recoil system.  Whether there is a spring around the op rod or piston is not relevant to a discussion of the recoil system to arrest the rearward motion of the bolt carrier and send it forward again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I see that you have both the MCX and ARX. If you were going to combat the zombies tomorrow and could only take 1, which would you choose?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get both.

I would grab the PWS MK116  But out of those two choices I would grab the MCX.  The ARX is a great gun with some really neat features.  I have a 10" barrel inbound.  I think it will make a nice little SBR.  But at the end of the day, I prefer the MCX.  Sig did well with this gun even if they did tweak with the gas system on the "gen 2" versions. Swap out the heavy trigger and you've got a great slim, lightweight, modular, multi-caliber gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Sunnybean,

Where did you find the 10" barrel?  Or did you have yours cut down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sunnybean,

Where did you find the 10" barrel?  Or did you have yours cut down.
View Quote

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/arx100-10-25-in-barrel-kit-barrel-kit/jxc111/

If you sign up for their newsletter or other promotions that pop-up on their e-store you can get 10-15% off.  With 15% off, the price was down to $508 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Botach has the 10" ARX barrel for 449.00 with free shipping.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Botach has the 10" ARX barrel for 449.00 with free shipping.

View Quote

The extra $60 was worth it to me to know I was going to get the product I ordered.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Well it's your money. I've ordered from them numerous times and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The MCX was developed for a SOCOM contact for the Low Visibility Assault Weapon, which it won. The announcement was on Soldier Systems and has been discussed here.

I know the crew that developed and had input on the MCX, they're very experienced military with an impressive engineering background. The gun has been passed around the SIG academy for input as well as demoed to many western SOF units and input taken from their input.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get both.

Well in your opinion which one was developed with real input? And why?  Just looking to understand.  Edit: what top .mil unit adopted or can you point me to a place to find out.

The MCX was developed for a SOCOM contact for the Low Visibility Assault Weapon, which it won. The announcement was on Soldier Systems and has been discussed here.

I know the crew that developed and had input on the MCX, they're very experienced military with an impressive engineering background. The gun has been passed around the SIG academy for input as well as demoed to many western SOF units and input taken from their input.

Thank you for the detailed response!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#33]
How is everyone mounting your muzzle device of choice?  I talked to Silencerco and the said Sig has a shoulder adapter that gives a 90 degree surface to mount against.  I called sig they thought they were including it with the rifles, but the few unboxing videos and pictures aren't showing it.  Any feed back from those who know is much appreciated.

I'm running a Specwar can right now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine didn't come with a shoulder adapter in the box.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Talked to Sig today.  Ordered the telescoping stock for the MCX.  The sales rep stated it was the MCX version, cost was $299.  Lead time should be less than 12 weeks.  I also asked about the new hand guard saw on SSD a couple days back.  they called it the "Black Mamba Rifle length" and said they are not available yet, but should be by the start of the year.  They also had the folding / collapsing stock designed for the MCX, cost was $299.  I did not ask about wait time for that stock.  

I hope this helps someone, I know that it's probably not as interesting as arguing about the ARX

FA
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How is everyone mounting your muzzle device of choice?  I talked to Silencerco and the said Sig has a shoulder adapter that gives a 90 degree surface to mount against.  I called sig they thought they were including it with the rifles, but the few unboxing videos and pictures aren't showing it.  Any feed back from those who know is much appreciated.

View Quote

Mine did not come with an adapter. I just used peel washers to time the brake.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I spoke to SiCo they said not to use this method. They stated they suggested not mounting their muzzle devices until the adapter was available.  If I was just running a muzzle device I wouldn't worry about it but since it my suppressor is going on it it does make me hesitate.   Of the additional research I have done I have yet to find any sign of an adapter, only that the barrel tapper would work better...

Who knows...
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm using Surefire Legacy 556/762 flash hiders on mine. The washer system Surefire uses seems to be working fine on the Sig taper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#40]
They (Sig) are making an adapter that will cover the taper and allow use of any type flash hider. I got this info from one of the engineers at Sig. He said they are already available for 300 BLK but not yet available for the 5.56. If someone sees one, please post pic.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#41]
as requested,

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/19/high-threat-concealmentadssig-sauer-range-day-sig-sauer/
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Other than the Italian Army, hardly anyone has adopted the ARX.  The MCX has potential, but the only thing that will make it a flop is if SIG doesn't support it with promised accessories and caliber conversions, like Bushmaster did with the ACR.  Even the ACX's potential is being wasted IMHO.  The accessories available are limited to a 10" 5.56 barrel and the full length bottom picatinny rail section.  No 300 BLK barrels, no extended charging handle, nothing.

I think you'd be happier with the MCX.  The ARX has a number of nits.  Hopefully you like the stock, grip, and forend since since they aren't changeable.  The trigger is crisp, but very heavy.  The MCX trigger is also pretty heavy, but it's a standard AR trigger and can be swapped out with a number of available options.  There isn't anything for the ARX, although Shooting Sight is working on a trigger last I heard.  The deep magwell on the ARX prevents the use of a number of popular mags.  The main positives for the ARX are the ease of the barrel removal system, and ability to easily swap ejection and charging handle sides.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They (Sig) are making an adapter that will cover the taper and allow use of any type flash hider. I got this info from one of the engineers at Sig. He said they are already available for 300 BLK but not yet available for the 5.56. If someone sees one, please post pic.
View Quote

I hope to see this as well.  Also hoping the 5.56 comes available sooner than later.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder what color, if any, was specified for the LVAW contract.

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Talked to Sig today.  Ordered the telescoping stock for the MCX.  The sales rep stated it was the MCX version, cost was $299.  Lead time should be less than 12 weeks.  I also asked about the new hand guard saw on SSD a couple days back.  they called it the "Black Mamba Rifle length" and said they are not available yet, but should be by the start of the year.  They also had the folding / collapsing stock designed for the MCX, cost was $299.  I did not ask about wait time for that stock.  

I hope this helps someone, I know that it's probably not as interesting as arguing about the ARX

FA
View Quote

Does the standard handguard not allow for a can to be mounted under? I've always though it could because of the photo below. Looks like the standard handguard, no?

I noticed in the SIG catalog there was a suppressor compatible handguard - is the one listed in the catalog the Black Mamba Rifle length or a different offering?

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Does the standard handguard not allow for a can to be mounted under? I've always though it could because of the photo below. Looks like the standard handguard, no?

I noticed in the SIG catalog there was a suppressor compatible handguard - is the one listed in the catalog the Black Mamba Rifle length or a different offering?

http://www.tacretailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/SIG_Sauer_MCX_Modular_Carbine.jpg

NO the standard does not fit a 7.62 can, and I am pretty sure the Suppressor capable can is what is being refereed to as the Black Mamba.... ALL that being said, they mailed me a receipt and the stock says its the MPX/MCX stock...  so I am guessing that the stuff the sales clerk told me is lacking a complete understanding of what I was asking for.  IF someone has the Rifle length hand guard and can see if a 7.62 can fits inside that would be great.  As it is when I was at Cabela's the hand guards felt identical in width.  The pistol hand guard is about an quarter inch too narrow to fit my can inside it, and I would guess that would be super tight even at that.

Hope that helps, but I am kinda bummed...  I would have thought the sales rep would have been WAY more knowledgeable about what they were selling :(
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

The stock handguard is nice from the standpoint that it's very slim. The downside is that mounting anything to it is a bear since most keymod/rail offset accessories are designed around a more rounded style handguard like that one. I'm looking forward to an M-LOK replacement personally.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Agreed. I'd like to see the aftermarket (Geissele ) take on making an aftermarket M-Lok handguard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock handguard is nice from the standpoint that it's very slim. The downside is that mounting anything to it is a bear since most keymod/rail offset accessories are designed around a more rounded style handguard like that one. I'm looking forward to an M-LOK replacement personally.

Agreed. I'd like to see the aftermarket (Geissele ) take on making an aftermarket M-Lok handguard.

One of the first things I plan to do when I get the MCX is to make an M-Lok handguard for it. Keymod = bleh
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top