BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The taper is backwards compatible. Not sure what flash hiders wouldn't work. My Surefire muzzle devices have worked fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance that Sig may come out with a 10.5" MCX barrel in 5.56 and have a little heavier profile? Also would like to see extra barrels without the barrel taper. A lot of shooters won't be using a direct thread suppressor or just using the Sig brand of silencers. That taper really limits you to just direct thread and using all Sig products. Don't care for the 3 prong flash hider that Sig currently is using either. My choice would be a true medium profile 10.5" barrel with a standard shoulder to except different style flash hiders. Hope you read this Sig. I love the MCX just would like some different barrel options in 5.56.

The taper is backwards compatible. Not sure what flash hiders wouldn't work. My Surefire muzzle devices have worked fine.

I know others will work, just don't like the look as the taper still shows.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it normal to receive a new rifle from SIG with brass markings on the deflector and copper on the feed ramps (also residue on the bolt face) ? Any one else receive their's like this? Rifle was bought new. If test fired in the factory, shouldn't they clean all this stuff prior to shipping?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes they could clean them, but then you're looking at an increase in cost, personnel, and production slowdown for a cleaning station.
View Quote

And someone would complain that their gun wasn't test fired if there was no evidence of such.

Personally I clean new guns before shooting to remove any packing oils and to inspect things as a final QC.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#6]

At 1:32 they have a stock option I hadn't seen before. It looks like a retractable folder.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Also it looks like he is putting an MCX upper on an unmodified AR lower. I thought lowers were going to need an endplate adapter to work?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also it looks like he is putting an MCX upper on an unmodified AR lower. I thought lowers were going to need an endplate adapter to work?
View Quote

I'd presume it still needs the adapter. When I put my MCX upper on an AR lower it could conceivably still work, but I wouldn't feel as comfortable doing so. The plate adapter helps support the buffer spring retention piece that sits under the charging handle. Without it there is very little surface area being held in place by the lower.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
British Metropolitan Police anti terrorist unit seem to like the mcx Link to pictures
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No idea. Can you link that blog post? It was probably the "it's shipping soon" announcement.
View Quote

Oops.  It was Soldier Systems Daily not TFB.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/04/02/congratulations-to-sig/
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey guys!
New member to the site here.
Also my first gun of this type. I have a few SIG pistols but I'm new to this platform.
I just snagged a RMCX-16B-TFSAL-P for $1,300 brand new but would like to convert it to an SBR. All I should need is the to pay the fee and order the optional barrel length and just swap it out correct? It's chambered in 5.56 currently.
Any help would be awesome! I hope I haven't already screwed up and ordered the wrong thing. But being modular it seemed like it would be cheaper to get the 16" and convert just the barrel rather than get the pistol arm brace version and have to convert the lower I think to accept the regular stock.
I figure while I wait for the barrel and the wait times to get it approved I can still use the gun in it's current format of course.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You'd have to find out if SIG is selling the barrel by calling them up and asking. I don't think they'll be offered for a while though, typically parts for new guns are reserved for full gun production and warranty work, and so spare parts are not available while they're selling all the guns they're building.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. However, for an SBR at this point you need to buy a pistol and add the stock (the folding brace adapter will accept an AR tube and stock) or have a 16" barrel cut to the length you need. I'm also not sure how short a barrel you can put under the 16" gun's handguard.

I'd do some research and reading. The MCX lower is exactly the same on both the rifle and pistol. Sig has a picatinny rail on the back of the lower that accepts their stock selection by removing a screw: folding stock, AR stock/brace adapter, sling swivel. There's also an aftermarket company making a fixed AR stock adapter for buffer tubes.

At $1300 you didn't do "badly", but a pistol would have been much easier at this point to SBR since until there are aftermarket barrels actually available you'll need to either cut your current barrel or wait.
View Quote

Ugh, I guess I should have gotten the pistol version then. Maybe I can cancel my order and try to locate one. I guess there is no rush, maybe someone will come out with a barrel or SIG themselves will release them since they're advertised.
Thanks for the quick response!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's a nifty photo I found while searching for info on the London Metro MCX.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If he's going to make a comment like that, he should say what the issues are. Well so far he seems to be the only negative comment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is anyone having reliability issues with the MCX in 5.56. I guess LV was knocking the platform a little on another gun forum. I have an SBR on order and just want to make sure I am making the right decision. I have the MPX and don't regret that purchase.

Mr. Vickers mentioned on M4C.net that the MCX isn't ready for prime time, in his opinion.  I quoted LAV's post here a page or two back.

Basically that's about all he says.  Says the gun has some reliability issues, especially in full-auto and isn't fully evolved yet.  No specifics given.

If he's going to make a comment like that, he should say what the issues are. Well so far he seems to be the only negative comment.

The 5.56mm gun didn't run reliably on auto using M855 (the standard). He said the ROF was way high. It ran fine on semi from what I recall. The high ROF is present on the full auto MPXs too.

I know some folks who did extensive testing on the .300BO version and they think it's a phenomenal gun. Phenomenal. That testing was semi only because no one shoots assault rifles on auto in this day and age.

Full auto reliability, while a good indicator of just how reliable a gun is (ie if it'll run on auto it'll damn sure run on semi), is pretty academic at this point.

My only concern is if the commercial/LE Sig MCXs will be of the same quality as the mil guns. Sig doesn't have a great track record on that last point. I'm going to order a couple of 6.75" MCXs in .300BO and, if they run well, will get rid of my SD.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is it normal to receive a new rifle from SIG with brass markings on the deflector and copper on the feed ramps (also residue on the bolt face) ? Any one else receive their's like this? Rifle was bought new. If test fired in the factory, shouldn't they clean all this stuff prior to shipping?
View Quote

I'd be damn happy they test fired they test fired the gun. There was a period when they didn't and turned out some real clunkers. One fed agency received P229s 7-8 years ago that wouldn't even chamber a round despite having been "test fired"...

Sig seems to be on a real uptick these days so be happy it was test fired like in the glory days.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was at the Sig Sauer range day during the 2015 Shot Show, I saw lots of MCX's fire full auto and didn't see one issue. They were fired a lot that day. One of my gripes is the thin barrel profile on the 5.56. It's maybe a little thicker than a pencil profile barrel but it's not even as thick as a M4 Govt profile barrel. I hope Sig does come out with a little beefier profile barrel. The ideal thickness is like the Noveske N4 CHF barrels, those are perfect.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Is the BCG still NiB coated?

Also does anyone know if the FDE finish on the media/test rifles are cerakote or actual anodizing?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Also does anyone know if the FDE finish on the media/test rifles are cerakote or actual anodizing?
View Quote

Yes on the BCG and the FDE finish is anodizing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#24]
What is a good price for the 16" 5.56 with folding stock? Just saw one go for 1399 on GB.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I'm debating if I should hold out for the FDE one or getting the black.

Quoted:
Here's a nifty photo I found while searching for info on the London Metro MCX.

http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/mar08.jpg

Do the London Metro guns have a longer top rail on the receiver and no keymod handguards?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#26]
The picture you see with the different handguards, etc is all prototype stuff. Everything coming out right now is what you see for sale with the 16" barrels. Only difference is the short barrels and short handguards haven't been released other than the pistol kits that Cabelas was selling. Everything is Keymod except for the carbon fiber which to my knowledge has not been released yet. What the police were carrying in the picture I am 99.9% sure it was 5.56 with the 9" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The picture you see with the different handguards, etc is all prototype stuff. Everything coming out right now is what you see for sale with the 16" barrels. Only difference is the short barrels and short handguards haven't been released other than the pistol kits that Cabelas was selling. Everything is Keymod except for the carbon fiber which to my knowledge has not been released yet. What the police were carrying in the picture I am 99.9% sure it was 5.56 with the 9" barrel.
View Quote

Pretty safe bet since the guy in the backseat in one of the pictures would have his 16" barrel through the door holding it like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Very true. Hey Top Secret. Could you please measure your MCX as if you had the telescoping stock on it collapsed and get me the full length from muzzle to but pad?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:40:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The 5.56mm gun didn't run reliably on auto using M855 (the standard). He said the ROF was way high. It ran fine on semi from what I recall. The high ROF is present on the full auto MPXs too.

I know some folks who did extensive testing on the .300BO version and they think it's a phenomenal gun. Phenomenal. That testing was semi only because no one shoots assault rifles on auto in this day and age.

Full auto reliability, while a good indicator of just how reliable a gun is (ie if it'll run on auto it'll damn sure run on semi), is pretty academic at this point.

My only concern is if the commercial/LE Sig MCXs will be of the same quality as the mil guns. Sig doesn't have a great track record on that last point. I'm going to order a couple of 6.75" MCXs in .300BO and, if they run well, will get rid of my SD.
View Quote

I know this request may seem silly or redundant as "phenomenal" pretty much speaks for itself (or should), however could you please elaborate with specifics, if possible regarding the ways the weapon was "phenomenal" with a comparison (size, noise reduction, etc)?

I find both the MCX and MPX to be fascinating concepts.  More so when a company such as LWRC, a company known for their piston guns (and high quality) decides to use a different gas system (DI) on their .300 BO whereas Sig has apparently succeeded using a gas piston.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Very true. Hey Top Secret. Could you please measure your MCX as if you had the telescoping stock on it collapsed and get me the full length from muzzle to but pad?
View Quote

I'd like to know as well! w/ a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a bit over 27.25" with the Surefire Flash Hider and UCIW fully closed which is an inch shorter than normal AR tubes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I know this request may seem silly or redundant as "phenomenal" pretty much speaks for itself (or should), however could you please elaborate with specifics, if possible regarding the ways the weapon was "phenomenal" with a comparison (size, noise reduction, etc)?

I find both the MCX and MPX to be fascinating concepts.  More so when a company such as LWRC, a company known for their piston guns (and high quality) decides to use a different gas system (DI) on their .300 BO whereas Sig has apparently succeeded using a gas piston.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Size, ergonomics, function, sound. That's all I've got.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Size, ergonomics, function, sound. That's all I've got.
View Quote

Oddly enough, that does it for me.   Thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#35]

It looks to be semi-auto only. Smart move. A lot of the USGI M4 problems would go away with the elimination of the auto feature. Then again, and this hurts a bit to say, the Brits were smart to issue semi-only MP5s and MP7s to their police forces.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The picture Melvin_Johnson posted is of a pre-production unit.

I believe this is a London Metro gun. It was posted by a British member right before the pictures of the end users with them and he said it was 11.5"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe this is a London Metro gun. It was posted by a British member right before the pictures of the end users with them and he said it was 11.5"

Ahhh got it. I notice that the sight is mounted on the upper's rail. Is it not recommended to mount a laser or sights on the removable portion?

I recall reading someone's MPX handguard had play so I guess it would be a no.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The mcx rail is different and has a nice way to ensure that there is no movement. Even the play on mpx's I've played with is nothing I would be concerned  about.

Ahhh got it. I notice that the sight is mounted on the upper's rail. Is it not recommended to mount a laser or sights on the removable portion?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mcx rail is different and has a nice way to ensure that there is no movement. Even the play on mpx's I've played with is nothing I would be concerned  about.

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It looks to be semi-auto only. Smart move. A lot of the USGI M4 problems would go away with the elimination of the auto feature. Then again, and this hurts a bit to say, the Brits were smart to issue semi-only MP5s and MP7s to their police forces.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm under the impression that all MP7s are FA.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Brit police guns are safe-semi only. I believe all the guns in the US are select fire.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Brit police guns are safe-semi only. I believe all the guns in the US are select fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Select fire for law enforcement agencies and government only or however they want to order it. Civilian is semi only period.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Select fire for law enforcement agencies and government only or however they want to order it. Civilian is semi only period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a civi MP7?????
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#42]
My bad, thought we were referring to the MCX.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I gotta say that I'm really interested in this weapon system.  My LWRC has (Guesstimate) 10k plus rounds thru it and its been a great "go to" gun.  This intrigues me if I could find stock adapters for AR stocks...
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Asked a few pages back,  what seems to be the buy price right now?  Also, what's the ETA on replacement barrels, and the FDE versions?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
SNIP

There's a civi MP7?????
View Quote

No there isn't. In short what he is trying to say is that despite being able to order FA guns, most of the Brit agencies order semi only.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No there isn't. In short what he is trying to say is that despite being able to order FA guns, most of the Brit agencies order semi only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

There's a civi MP7?????

I know I was trying to inform him without being a ass
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

There's a civi MP7?????

Ah, I sadly don't have as much tact as others... sorry.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

There's a civi MP7?????

Me neither I just get lucky sometimes I figured he didn't realize we were talking about the mp7.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Well seeing that this is an MCX thread and the semi auto was referring to the pic of the rifle that the British Police were carrying, didn't realize it went to an HK MP7 thread.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top