BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/DwgmSK" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1466/24627692199_591dc9c016_b.jpg</a>SD8A0543-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View Quote

Nice box.. where did you get it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And you heard this from who?  Everything I heard and it was from reputable sources say short barrels end of Q1 to Q2 2016.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question about conversion kits.

Will there be a "pistol" upper conversion kit for those of us with registered SBR AR lowers?

From the way Sig has communicated it, the conversation kits will be rifle length with the emphasis being placed on the .300BLK, followed by the 5.56.

If you want a short barrel, better get an order in for a barrel now ($599).

Oh, and the conversation kits are supposed to coming out near the end of 2017.

And you heard this from who?  Everything I heard and it was from reputable sources say short barrels end of Q1 to Q2 2016.

Let's see, off the top of my head, Mike Wood. And according to the original schedule, the AR adapters were supposed to be shipping by now.

So, let's table this until May 15th and we'll see what has and hasn't come to fruition.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/DwgmSK" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1466/24627692199_591dc9c016_b.jpg</a>SD8A0543-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

Technoframes does them
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So when I purchased my MPX I got the opportunity to check out a MCX. I have to say I was surprised. It's a sweet gun, but a few things keeping it from being a must have. First impressions were much better than what I thought they were going to be, unlike the P320 which was exactly how I interpreted from seeing it online - meh.

That said the MCX needs
-A better handguard. After seeing it in person, I can see the handguard design was chosen for its slim profile, however a keymod rail with only sections at the 3, 6, and 9 O-clock is pretty limited and dated in today's age. Most users mount their white lights at the 10:30 and 1:30.
-A better stock. Lot's of options, no real good one like the ACR has.
-Better sights, honestly just ship these out with Magpul Pros. I know this is easily swapped out by user and I prefer KAC sights myself, however if Sig wants to have a big league rifle, they need it to come with quality combat sights out of the box
-Not necessary but nice, they should ship these with a Lancer mag, especially considering their MPX using them, to reaffirm this gun is the next level, and not just another cool kids photo gun like the SCAR became to be
-Also doesn't hurt to ditch their grip and ship with a Magpul grip or something. No one likes it. And while we are at it, just get rid of all the cheap Sig accessories it comes with. Again, this is supposed to be a hardcore combat rifle, it doesn't need half-assed goodies packaged with it

Now obviously of what I listed above, only the first two are really things that are beyond the users control, however Sig really needs to identify what they are selling here. If they want this gun to be seen as the 416 counter terrorism successor, they need to leave the cheap goodie bags out of it
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So when I purchased my MPX I got the opportunity to check out a MCX. I have to say I was surprised. It's a sweet gun, but a few things keeping it from being a must have. First impressions were much better than what I thought they were going to be, unlike the P320 which was exactly how I interpreted from seeing it online - meh.

That said the MCX needs
-A better handguard. After seeing it in person, I can see the handguard design was chosen for its slim profile, however a keymod rail with only sections at the 3, 6, and 9 O-clock is pretty limited and dated in today's age. Most users mount their white lights at the 10:30 and 1:30.
-Better sights, honestly just ship these out with Magpul Pros. I know this is easily swapped out by user and I prefer KAC sights myself, however if Sig wants to have a big league rifle, they need it to come with quality combat sights out of the box
-Not necessary but nice, they should ship these with a Lancer mag, especially considering their MPX using them, to reaffirm this gun is the next level, and not just another cool kids photo gun like the SCAR became to be
-Also doesn't hurt to ditch their grip and ship with a Magpul grip or something. No one likes it. And while we are at it, just get rid of all the cheap Sig accessories it comes with. Again, this is supposed to be a hardcore combat rifle, it doesn't need half-assed goodies packaged with it

Now obviously of what I listed above, only the first two are really things that are beyond the users control, however Sig really needs to identify what they are selling here. If they want this gun to be seen as the 416 counter terrorism successor, they need to leave the cheap goodie bags out of it
View Quote

What do you mean no one likes the grip? I love mine and would chose it over the Magpul.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What do you mean no one likes the grip? I love mine and would chose it over the Magpul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That said the MCX needs

I'm sure there is a .05% out there who like it but you won't see people going online and to their LGS and handing cash, "Can I get the SIG AR grip" It's a large grip with a pronounce hump. Not a very diverse grip. Anyhow, the grip really doesn't matter as a "deal breaker", I just mentioned it as why not equip the gun out of the box in a state that will work best for the majority of users out there
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I bought an MCX the first thing that would happened is an A2 grip from the parts bin would be put on until I bought a better replacement. I haven't tried every grip on the market but IMO the one sig puts on their rifles is far and away the worst that I have had in my hand.

I continue to watch the MCX closely.  I will own one day but I am waiting for everything to shake out.

I also agree with leaving the cheap accessories out of the MCX. But then again this is the company that just launched the legion marketing campaign.  'legion spelled backwards is mall ninja'  that made my day when I saw that written down.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I bought an MCX the first thing that would happened is an A2 grip from the parts bin would be put on until I bought a better replacement. I haven't tried every grip on the market but IMO the one sig puts on their rifles is far and away the worst that I have had in my hand.

I continue to watch the MCX closely.  I will own one day but I am waiting for everything to shake out.

I also agree with leaving the cheap accessories out of the MCX. But then again this is the company that just launched the legion marketing campaign.  'legion spelled backwards is mall ninja'  that made my day when I saw that written down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll edit my original comment because I really don't want to waste my mall ninja skills this time... But next time...

By any chance, were one of you guys the ones who couldn't get the folding stock to fold?  How did the purse work out? Haha
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have some goofy hands if you prefer A2 grips.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My MPX carbine got the BCM threatment straight away:  

BCM mod3 pistol grip
BCM KAG
BCM keymod QD sling socket

Also, stock trigger is crap, replace that.

The selector is far too chunky for me also, so MilSpec selector/safety dropped right in there.

IMHO they do the best Keymod accessories.   When the MCX pistol arrives, I'll be grabbing another set from BCM and the rest to drop in.

Meanwhile, someone with a 16" MCX in hand, how much barrel length is in Front of the keymod handguard?      Looks like about 4", but someone with a ruler please help me out!

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My MPX carbine got the BCM threatment straight away:  

BCM mod3 pistol grip
BCM KAG
BCM keymod QD sling socket

Also, stock trigger is crap, replace that.

The selector is far too chunky for me also, so MilSpec selector/safety dropped right in there.

IMHO they do the best Keymod accessories.   When the MCX pistol arrives, I'll be grabbing another set from BCM and the rest to drop in.

Meanwhile, someone with a 16" MCX in hand, how much barrel length is in Front of the keymod handguard?      Looks like about 4", but someone with a ruler please help me out!

View Quote

Any pics man? Mines getting the KAC treatment
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I have some pics in the MPX/MCX pics thread

Here is the latest:
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I love when people say the stock MPX trigger is crap. Haha I can run it as good as my Geisseles I could be wrong but it could be the person shooting. Ehh... What do I know?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll edit my original comment because I really don't want to waste my mall ninja skills this time... But next time...

By any chance, were one of you guys the ones who couldn't get the folding stock to fold?  How did the purse work out? Haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you referring to my my messenger bag?  The stock seemed to fold fine once I learned to swing my 'purse' at it hard enough...

I actually liked the folding mechanism on the mcx. Although I must admit that 'damn, I wish my stock folded' is not an emotion I have experienced in all my time with an M4. Maybe if I had a purse I was trying to fit it in....

Sig is in a good position to start taking market share away from the 416.  I hope they get it right, but like I said, I remain skeptical and will wait to see where the chips land.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you referring to my my messenger bag?  The stock seemed to fold fine once I learned to swing my 'purse' at it hard enough...

I actually liked the folding mechanism on the mcx. Although I must admit that 'damn, I wish my stock folded' is not an emotion I have experienced in all my time with an M4. Maybe if I had a purse I was trying to fit it in....

Sig is in a good position to start taking market share away from the 416.  I hope they get it right, but like I said, I remain skeptical and will wait to see where the chips land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha. Yeah that reply to you still cracks me up. It was like listening to a conversation I have with anyone around me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, the guy wanting to buy my 556 kit fell through.  Thank you guys for all the info. Not sure what to do with it now, if I should just keep it as part of the set or try to I put it up on EE (in NFA)

I hope accessories start coming out soon, I'd really like the suppressor hand guard.  I have a Omega in Jail that would be fun to tuck under it and give it that SD look.

FA

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I just want the AR receiver upgrade to come out so I can buy an upper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just want the AR receiver upgrade to come out so I can buy an upper.
View Quote

You and me both. I have an SBR lower that didn't work out for my wife that could use an MCX upper and a folding stock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm a little surprised we are still waiting for someone to do an mlok hand guard.  

I called Jim Hadley at Sig well over a month ago to get the 90deg shoulder adapters for a couple of customers, and nothing has arrived, so I'm going to my Sig rep next for those.  

I've got one for myself on the way (and a huge THANK YOU to Sig for your generosity) and if the thread adapters never materialize I'm going to go 14.5 and pin an ASR mount in place.  First can on it will be a Hybrid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#20]
if any of you guys want to trade a brand new in box magpul MOE grip in black for a sig pistol grip hit me up.

That's the one thing I miss about the MCX
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Just took delivery of an MCX Patrol today. Got out on the range and found out the charging handle latch is broken on one side. Left side latch won't unlock the right, but it works the other way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
if any of you guys want to trade a brand new in box magpul MOE grip in black for a sig pistol grip hit me up.

That's the one thing I miss about the MCX
View Quote

If your magpul grip is black I'll take you up on that
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#23]
My 2 cents:
Really really liking both my MPX and MCX. My favorite toyz in the safe currently.....well.....maybe... Lol. I count myself very lucky to have snagged one of the original Cabelas MCX's with both barrels and the auto regulating gas sys. I also believe Sig is poised to take market share but from the AR market as a whole. It does suprise me that I see as many MCXs and MPXs on the shelves as I do. Hands down the MPX has the market cornered in a market that is largely unoccupied.
I tend not to be too hard on Sig for not having all the kit available right out of the gate. Can't be easy or inexpensive. The Gen 1/2 MPX thing did suck, glad I waited.
I actually do like the Sig grip... Fits my hand well. Leaving it on both guns.
Both my guns got the KAC teatement as well. What is it about KAC?? They have too much of my damn money!
Regarding keymod; as much as I thought mlock was going to kick ass over keymod. I gotta say the ease at which keymod acc's attach is making me change my mind. Not having to mess with nuts from the back side of a handguard sucks. On standard AR platforms it really sucks.
>>Stepping off soapbox.

-T.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I am looking at a .300 MCX but have a few questions:

Are the conversion barrels and short rails available?
Do they all the MCX's have the same gas system or has Sig made changes?
They cheapest price seems to be ~$1,500.  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, short barrels and rails are months out.  

Current production MCX have the two position gas systems,  The "auto regulating" is dead.

$1500 is the lowest you'll find, + Shipping, CC fee etc.  But 300s seem to be running a little less than 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Conversion kits and individual components will be available in the coming weeks.

All MCX, other than the original units that shipped to Cabela's in early 2015, have the same gas system.  Those early Cabela's guns had the auto-valve, which has been replaced with a manually adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Did they change anything or are the 5.56 and .300 slightly different?
5.56 top and .300 bottom. Probably about 4-5 months in between manufacture date.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Conversion kits and individual components will be available in the coming weeks.

All MCX, other than the original units that shipped to Cabela's in early 2015, have the same gas system.  Those early Cabela's guns had the auto-valve, which has been replaced with a manually adjustable gas block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exciting! Can't wait to get a SBR on my lower I have set aside for it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they standardized the rod on the bolt. Originally there were different lengths for different calibers on my Cabela's gun. 5.56 and .300/7.62x39 had different "gas keys".
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Looks like they standardized the rod on the bolt. Originally there were different lengths for different calibers on my Cabela's gun. 5.56 and .300/7.62x39 had different "gas keys".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The piston and plug are the only difference I see. The recoil springs are thicker on the .300, however, I inquired with Sig and the rep stated that the .223 ones would work fine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, mine was a turd.

Ambi charging handle didn't work from the left side, won't go through a mag without failing to go into battery repeatedly.  When it's feeding off the right side it is smashing the cartridge into the 3:00 position of the chamber.  Feed ramp must be all sorts of wonky.

I'm hoping for a replacement, since issues like this make me utterly distrust the gun from this point.  I really wanted to like it too.

I had to ask for a shipping label with my RMA.  On a completely defective brand new rifle.  They would have been just fine with me paying shipping.

I miss my W. German P228, but the horror stories of Sig USAs QC aren't blown out of proportion.

Ill update when the rifle gets back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well, mine was a turd.

Ambi charging handle didn't work from the left side, won't go through a mag without failing to go into battery repeatedly.  When it's feeding off the right side it is smashing the cartridge into the 3:00 position of the chamber.  Feed ramp must be all sorts of wonky.

I'm hoping for a replacement, since issues like this make me utterly distrust the gun from this point.  I really wanted to like it too.

I had to ask for a shipping label with my RMA.  On a completely defective brand new rifle.  They would have been just fine with me paying shipping.

I miss my W. German P228, but the horror stories of Sig USAs QC aren't blown out of proportion.

Ill update when the rifle gets back.
View Quote

What caliber is yours? This is disappointing, I've been exciting about getting one in 300blk.

The race is on between Sig and desert tech, whichever short barrel 300blk is available to me first is what I'll buy. Unless this gun turns out to be pure crap...
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Decided to cancel the SBR application on one of my AR15 lowers. Was going to have a BCM 300BLK SBR but I think I'm going to go with the MCX instead.

Now... if only the 300blk pistol MCX was available!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

coregon, how about 7.62x39 conversion kits?  Are they available yet?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:13:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

x39 is down the line once 556/300BO is fully supported
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Does this include plans for a version that takes AK mags? I think that would be wise.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Decided to cancel the SBR application on one of my AR15 lowers. Was going to have a BCM 300BLK SBR but I think I'm going to go with the MCX instead.

Now... if only the 300blk pistol MCX was available!!!
View Quote

Yeah, I've been waiting on this for about 6 months now. Many people have been waiting for much longer. I just hope it's available at all, too many sweet guns never really make it into full production.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The piston and plug are the only difference I see. The recoil springs are thicker on the .300, however, I inquired with Sig and the rep stated that the .223 ones would work fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got my MCX yesterday.  Serial #2180.  It has the piston that uses "rings" as in the above pic post.  So I take it apart to clean and lube before firing.  The piston is very difficult to put back in, as in a Very snug fit.  I then discover one of the gas rings is bent (probably bent by me when trying to push it back into the gas block).  I remove the bent gas ring and compare it to one for the AR15...same size!  I then replace it with a spare AR15 gas ring and it fits fine in the piston.  It takes a while, but I finally get the piston put back in without ruining a gas ring.  

So, if you have the "old" style with removable gas rings, AR15 gas rings can be used as spares.  I can see how the piston that doesn't use gas rings could be an improvement.  Also, go slow in reinstalling the piston to make sure the gas rings are not off to the side, but centered.

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#39]
That's good to know. I wonder if Sig will offer a replacement piston for those who want to "upgrade"
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Followup to my earlier today post.

The factory trigger pull on mine is rather heavy (think tie rifle to tree and attach my Kawasaki Mule winch in order to pull the trigger).  I go to install my LaRue trigger, and the instructions say to remove the safety in order to put the trigger in place.  Well, the SIG ambi safety has a small roll pin holding it together, and I don't have the proper tools or extra hands to hold and remove it.  Ah ha, I remove the grip and safety detent and spring.  Now I can rotate the safety such that the flat part faces the trigger and can install the LaRue trigger w/o having to remove the safety.  MUCH better trigger pull now.  Also, my replacement gas ring works fine, as in no failures to lock back bolt when the mag is empty and no failures to feed the next round.

I also found my 5.56mm MCX would function in the suppressed gas position w/o a suppressor (as sometimes others have found with their MCX's).  Empties do go a little further if in the unsuppressed position.   I like that...easier on the rifle.  Will need to see if it continues to work that way as it gets dirty.

Hope the trigger install tidbit helps someone.  Tomorrow, weather permitting, I start testing ammo to see what it likes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Secret Service is looking to buy some new guns. They're looking for 5.56 with 10"-12" barrels. From reading the solicitation it sounds like props will be given for folding stock and adjustable gas. It will be interesting to see how the MCX does. I assume it'll be entered.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Secret Service is looking to buy some new guns. They're looking for 5.56 with 10"-12" barrels. From reading the solicitation it sounds like props will be given for folding stock and adjustable gas. It will be interesting to see how the MCX does. I assume it'll be entered.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

. Not the only ones.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#44]
You made me bust out my Google skills and found this, pretty cool.

SSD Article
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#45]
If you registered your Sig MCX call them and they will send one for free.
TAPER-CAP-556
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Followup to my earlier today post.

The factory trigger pull on mine is rather heavy (think tie rifle to tree and attach my Kawasaki Mule winch in order to pull the trigger).  I go to install my LaRue trigger, and the instructions say to remove the safety in order to put the trigger in place.  Well, the SIG ambi safety has a small roll pin holding it together, and I don't have the proper tools or extra hands to hold and remove it.  Ah ha, I remove the grip and safety detent and spring.  Now I can rotate the safety such that the flat part faces the trigger and can install the LaRue trigger w/o having to remove the safety.  MUCH better trigger pull now.  Also, my replacement gas ring works fine, as in no failures to lock back bolt when the mag is empty and no failures to feed the next round.

I also found my 5.56mm MCX would function in the suppressed gas position w/o a suppressor (as sometimes others have found with their MCX's).  Empties do go a little further if in the unsuppressed position.   I like that...easier on the rifle.  Will need to see if it continues to work that way as it gets dirty.

Hope the trigger install tidbit helps someone.  Tomorrow, weather permitting, I start testing ammo to see what it likes.
View Quote

EDIT:  read whole post before replying with instructions...  yes Full Auto position is great for removing /installing triggers.

I expect you figured out that removing the pin before the grip would have been good.   Then it cant move around.   I took out the stock selector and installed a basic milspec AR15 one.  Far less chunky and more comfortable.

I'll have to try it in suppressed position, I been meaning to do that.

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#47]
So anyone know if there is any difference between the 556 and 300BLK bolts? I recently picked up a 300BLK barrel and bolt from someone who parted out their MCX (I don't know why they did), but he wanted to sell it like a conversion kit would come from Sig. I opted out of the handguard since I already had the same one, bit from my understanding, the conversion kits come with a barrel, bolt, magazine, piston and handguard.. this makes me wonder, what's the difference in the bolt (if any)?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I shot mine again today, for the first time other than function/sight in.

Really liked it.  Mine is wearing a 3.5 ACOG, and I was ringing 10" steel pretty easily out to 400 yards.  I couldn't hit the 500yd silhouettes, I was having a case of the dumbs while trying to reconcile the ballistic difference between the ACOG's M249 reticle for M855 and my 55 gr XM193.

I shot it in the (-) position, which is actually what the manual recommends for normal 5.56 as well as suppressed.  (+) for adverse conditions for both unsuppressed and suppressed.  It worked great, though.  My QD sling swivel did come a bit loose, but it held until I got home, when I loctited it.  

I really need to get a 51t flash suppressor for it, along with the 10" barrel kit when it is released.  I stopped by the hardware store, and grabbed a T27 Torx bit so I could pull the barrel for fun.  That's a slick system.  I might have to dig out an old mousepad or something to glue onto the Kate Moss stock.  It wasn't so bad when I got it, but my beard has gotten longer since then.  I also want to ditch the Sig BUIS.  They really cheaped out on them, and I think the MCX deserves some MBUS Pro.  

Questions:
Think it's okay to use a Geissele Reaction Rod to pull the muzzle device and put on a 51t?
Does anyone have a height over bore on this?  I need to make up a dope chart.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I shot mine again today, for the first time other than function/sight in.

Really liked it.  Mine is wearing a 3.5 ACOG, and I was ringing 10" steel pretty easily out to 400 yards.  I couldn't hit the 500yd silhouettes, I was having a case of the dumbs while trying to reconcile the ballistic difference between the ACOG's M249 reticle for M855 and my 55 gr XM193.

I shot it in the (-) position, which is actually what the manual recommends for normal 5.56 as well as suppressed.  (+) for adverse conditions for both unsuppressed and suppressed.  It worked great, though.  My QD sling swivel did come a bit loose, but it held until I got home, when I loctited it.  

I really need to get a 51t flash suppressor for it, along with the 10" barrel kit when it is released.  I stopped by the hardware store, and grabbed a T27 Torx bit so I could pull the barrel for fun.  That's a slick system.  I might have to dig out an old mousepad or something to glue onto the Kate Moss stock.  It wasn't so bad when I got it, but my beard has gotten longer since then.  I also want to ditch the Sig BUIS.  They really cheaped out on them, and I think the MCX deserves some MBUS Pro.  

Questions:
Think it's okay to use a Geissele Reaction Rod to pull the muzzle device and put on a 51t?
Does anyone have a height over bore on this?  I need to make up a dope chart.
View Quote

Just measure it my friend.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#50]
not sure about the complaints on the trigger.  it is fine.  i installed a two stage match trigger with no problem.

This is a favorite rifle.

you want a nasty trigger, try the Beretta ARX 100.  But I love that rifle as well.  Got mine down to 9 lbs. lol.  Yes, a better trigger would be good.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but complaining about a typical military trigger on the MCX is rather ludicrous.

Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top