BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

This is the exact Hand guard they were demoing and called "Suppressor capable" and the sales guy called "black mamba hand guard"...  The sales people say they don't carry them, but they are on most of their demo suppressed rifles.  The new stock has been popping up on several demos as well.  The sales guy even tried selling me one...  Even though "they aren't available".  It would Just make sense to me that sales department would get at least a cheat sheet on what the Demo guys are showing off and telling folks are available.  I can understand not knowing everything about every gun, but not having the lingo down, or knowing about the cool new toys they are advertising just seems like a really poor idea.

I really hope they figure this out soon, and make a lot more of the accessories they have been showing off available.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
SIG seems more interested in getting out demo units so people can "review" them and get positive vibes on the Internet than actually making them for civilians to buy.  Many of the demo units have stocks, handguards, and calibers that aren't available yet.  Called SIG today about accessories for the MCX.  300 BLK barrel?  Nope not available yet, but can preorder for $700+.  I said that seems pretty pricy for just a barrel.  Apparently it's listed as a caliber conversion kit (although I don't know what you need besides the barrel).  How about stocks?  Well, you can preorder the telescoping stock.  It's only at least 16 weeks out.  Sigh, how about the polymer handguard for the 556xi?  Nope, out of stock.

SIG seems to generate a bunch of hype and then fail on the execution.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

300 BLK barrel?  Nope not available yet, but can preorder for $700+.  I said that seems pretty pricy for just a barrel.  Apparently it's listed as a caliber conversion kit (although I don't know what you need besides the barrel).
View Quote
So, if you looked at the early released pistols (that came with 5.56 and 300BLK) you'd see that the 5.56 and 300blk have different uh...bolt carrier extensions? I guess that's what you'd call it. Op-rod interfaces?

Here's the pic, from page 3 of this thread, I think:

So you'd be getting a barrel, gas block, piston and different op rod for your 700 bucks. Still spendy but jesus guys this JUST CAME OUT, man so much impatience! lol I bet every single barrel that is being churned out is going on a production gun, I know everyone is chomping at the bit for the cool toys but daggone...

(another pic from page 3, shows the diff between the 5.56 parts (lower) and the 300blk parts (upper)
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
TCBA_Joe,

What do you think a good buy price is on these? Also, any insight into street price of replacement barrels?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Sliding stock looks different from the current(?) version
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Really couldn't tell you. It hasn't been out long enough to say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TCBA_Joe,

What do you think a good buy price is on these? Also, any insight into street price of replacement barrels?

Really couldn't tell you. It hasn't been out long enough to say.

Joe, can you find out what color the LVAW guns are from the dudes you know at SIG? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure why those pics were posted, but those were 1st gen prototypes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They were posted because it was sitting on a table of MARSOC display weapons at the Modern Day Marine trade show. SSD found it interesting (and possibly significant) that a prototype sample was featured along with weapons currently in use by MARSOC.

This wasn't displayed at the SIG booth, it was on display with current in-use weapons by a SOCOM element.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure why those pics were posted, but those were 1st gen prototypes.

They were posted because it was sitting on a table of MARSOC display weapons at the Modern Day Marine trade show. SSD found it interesting (and possibly significant) that a prototype sample was featured along with weapons currently in use by MARSOC.

This wasn't displayed at the SIG booth, it was on display with current in-use weapons by a SOCOM element.

Oh ok, makes sense now. I was thinking on display at the Sig Sauer booth.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont post much but here, needed to split the posts on my limited character count

call me the BETA tester.. this is my HORRIFYING journey with the new MCX
with all things glorious I decided I wanted the "cool" rifle while I'm back from deployment. Went to my local Cabela's and seen the MCX rifle, asked how much?? it was $2100 out the door with tax. It came with the 300blk barrel installed and a spare 5.56 barrel on the side. I asked the salesman for others in stock so I figure i get the special serial number of #762 ?? wha, 300 blk 762 cmon' you get it right? Hell I even walked away with Sig Sauer branded 300blk ammo 4 boxes worth.

Brought it home then went to customizing my new toy. BCM grips, Geissele trigger, Noveske Ambi selector, and a BattleComp BABC I had laying around. Went to town installing the parts being a badass that I am, I work on my own stuff unless it requires machining. Since the barrel is tappered I went to a local smith and had them cut the BABC to match the taper of the barrel shown in the pics attached. Ya this thing is unbelievably light and featured the newest "gas piston" which doesn't need switching for unsuppressed and suppressed firing. The following day I planned to zero/check zero of the new MCX.

Rangetime: All those parts installed, new rifle only factory test fired. Loaded a PMAG with the Sig 300blk ammo. ?? IRONS who needs magnified optics right? BANG... ALRIGHT first one went off without a hitch. BANG... Im starting to like this rifle for balance and low recoil.. CLICK... now wtf. A brand new rifle f* already just my luck.. Alright time to clear and make the firearm safe. I dump the magazine but the BCG is stuck forward with the bolt still in feed ramp area. GREAT EITHER GOT A SQUIB OR A LIVE ROUND STUCK. RANGE DAY OVER ??. 2 shots and I packed my things up very very pissed off ??

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#17]
continued****
Went to my local Smith told them my story and warned them I wasn't sure about what could be stuck. They took it to the back and removed the "bullet" that was stuck in the barrel told me it was a squib. I asked for the cartridge assembly removed for evidence, paid my removal fees and went home to call SIG CS.. I explained my whole situation and Sig CS sent me a label, shipped out the rifle with all the parts barrel, magazine, etc. the following day.

This is where it gets AMAZING... ya everyone says CS is great. I got picked to head back out to the sandbox again so I have a rifle at Sigs "Custom shop" getting repairs and told it will take 4-6 weeks for repairs. Cool it will be the house in no time. Rifle arrived to NH Sig factory 5/13/15... 1 month passed I emailed my CS rep no updates.. 2 months 8 WEEKS, nothing I called 3 different times to the shop with still no update.. OK NO BIGGIE, not like I got to play with my new banger when I first got it anyways... 3 MONTHS 12 weeks in come along finally an update AFTER I CALL IN AGITATED, here is my response via email "we are in the process of changing the gas block to a new design." ALRIGHT GONNA GET MY RIFLE IN 4-6 WEEKS cause that's what was quoted for the 300blk upper the 556 barrel is ready to go... NOPE

WEEK 14 I GET A EMAIL THE WHOLE RIFLE IS BEING REPLACED. now where the hell did it go from we are changing the upper to now I'm getting a completely new rifle.
shet I already invested alot of time waiting for this POS, screw it Ill see how the new MCX holds up. BETA TEST 2.0 HERE WE GO
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Last part of the post****
I been really patient with this whole CS and Custom shop but to me 3 months is a damn long time. Its a production gun not no "one off rifle" When I do get the new rifle shipped I'll have it test/checked cause I'm not home to enjoy the new paperweight EVERYONE SAID WAS GONNA BE THE GAME CHANGER AT SHOT SHOW FOR MODULARITY. pictures attached is of the squib, bolt stuck in the forward position and the parts I installed. Look at a previous post for the lower pic.

Another update will be written once the new rifle gets in and my brother takes it out to make sure it works FOR REAL THIS TIME SIG DON'T LET ME DOWN ?? .. Don't call me a Sig hater ain't no one got time for that drama on this forum. I ???? Sig Sauer and have multiple Sigs both handguns and rifles. So no keyboard commando's be HATING ON THE TRUTH. Pics/emails don't lie homie ??. For whoever sends their MCX on "warranty repairs" YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED HAHAHAHA

pics
http://www.imagebam.com/image/5772a2437563889
http://www.imagebam.com/image/effa80437564025
http://www.imagebam.com/image/083e4a437563825
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#19]
At least they are replacing it free of charge correct? It is a brand new design and they are just getting production started so I would cut them a little slack although your wait does sound excessive.

Edit- Missed the part where you said it was Sig ammo.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
rajahdat.

First, calm down and type like a professional. Your posts are painful to read.
View Quote

Yes. Using punctuation will help convey just what your trying to say.

And I agree with TCBA_Joe, this problem was caused my the ammo, not the gun.

By the time your rotation is up, your brand new, the latest version, MCX will be waiting for you.
Enjoy it.

And thanks for your Service

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#22]
MCX political endorsement?

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#25]
VERY COOL! Picked mine up yesterday!!!  I couldn't be more pleased. This maybe the only rifle that I keep with out an optic.  Something feels so good with the irons.

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Can you post some photos of the disassembled gas system?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
VERY COOL! Picked mine up yesterday!!!  I couldn't be more pleased. This maybe the only rifle that I keep with out an optic.  Something feels so good with the irons.

http://<a href=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/knoxp11/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpeg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/knoxp11/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg</a>" />
View Quote

Whats a good price for one?
Local shop has one for $1700 I think.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/knoxp11/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpeg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/knoxp11/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg</a>" />

I haven't seen what others are paying but I got mine from Selway Armory for 1399.00 shipped and I paid a 10 transfer plus 10 for the background check.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I believe I saw an NSW LVAW MCX on FB.

Reason being is that I saw one on FB with an AOR1 jacket behind it. Could point to the fact it is an NSW rifle.

Had a 308 can and a thermal sight on there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:23:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Which page? Is like to see that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe I saw an NSW LVAW MCX on FB.

Reason being is that I saw one on FB with an AOR1 jacket behind it. Could point to the fact it is an NSW rifle.

Had a 308 can and a thermal sight on there.

Which page? Is like to see that

Let me dig around deeper. I'll try to find it. It was on one of the billion manufacturers I like on FB.

When our daughters God - Father comes to town, we always get to play with new toys.
I'm pretty sold on the ?#?P320? and the
?#?mcx?

I'm thinking A) SIG rep came over (P320 makes me think so even more) or B) HSLD godfather lol

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Man.

SO I have decided to buy one of these the day after an MLOK handguard comes out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Are you saying one came out or you're waiting for one to come out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Man.

SO I have decided to buy one of these the day after an MLOK handguard comes out.

Are you saying one came out or you're waiting for one to come out?
The latter.

The day after an MLOK handguard drops, I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#36]
What differences are there in a NSW rifle and what we are seeing in the pictures above?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#38]
(I posted this vid in the "AR Piston Systems" forum last week, but someone suggested I should cross-post it here as well.)

Hello everyone!

I was lucky enough to get my hands on only 1 of 2 of these Sig MCX rifles here in Canada. I was loaned the rifle for a few days by the Canadian Sig distributor, MD Charlton (based near Toronto). For my fellow Canucks on this forum, MD Charlton is expecting their first shipment of the MCX well before the end of the year. I know I named some parts incorrectly, entirely my fault (I didn't have access to a manual, much less an armorers manual).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_1ccK-4JNo

Thanks!
Battle Beaver
(Scott)
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ETA: If I knew what page it might be more helpful. But it's not a NSW gun.
View Quote

C&H precision.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is a Marine Corps Desert Combat Jacket
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I recognize all three guns.  That is John Hollister's stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh ok. Thanks for the info. Explains a lot.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That thermal is wicked.  Can't wait for the FDE to come out.  I will likely do the FDE pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That thermal is wicked.  Can't wait for the FDE to come out.  I will likely do the FDE pistol.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey Guys - just wanted to share this with you. This is first run of my SIG MCX running Remington 300blk 220gr Subs. Excuse the cell phone video, but it was what I had at the time! The suppressor is a Silencerco Omega. I can give more detailed listing of the parts that I've upgraded if anyone is interested. So glad I found this thread on ARFCOM!

https://youtu.be/fLcYMXhg5YM
https://youtu.be/XpUkzoO_PJ0

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hey Guys - just wanted to share this with you. This is first run of my SIG MCX running Remington 300blk 220gr Subs. Excuse the cell phone video, but it was what I had at the time! The suppressor is a Silencerco Omega. I can give more detailed listing of the parts that I've upgraded if anyone is interested. So glad I found this thread on ARFCOM!

View Quote

Awesome!  Thanks for the post, now for the questions!
1. Your running an omega, looks like your using the QD, if so what mount?  I called SiCo about using their mount with the tapered barrel and they said wait for the taper adapter from sig.  Can you please tell me how the install and if you had any issues.  
2.  How did you get that setup? Is that the 9" barrel?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Knoxp9090
I'm using the Silencerco .30 flash hider with the ASR QD mount. I apologize but my memory is a bit fuzzy on whether or not I ended up installing the taper adapter or not - I remember calling Sig and asking for one, since it wasn't included with my "pistol" when I bought it from Cabelas - but I can't remember if I actually needed it or not. I may have tightened/red loctited it directly to the tapered barrel since the flash hider doesn't need to be timed like the muzzle brake, and it bottomed out flush just fine. On the 5.56 barrel I didn't do anything yet since I found out the Omega is not rated for a 9" barrel. I may sell my 9" barrel and get a 11.5" (once they become available)so I don't void my warranty from Silencerco.
When they first came out at Cabelas - I called around to the stores that were closest to me until I found the "pistol" with the Sig Brace and two barrels. Had them hold it for me, and drove down to get it. I form 1 the lower and took the Arm Brace out of the folding stock knuckle since it accepts a standard AR tube and put a BCM collapsible stock on it.
I've done one carbine class with it and ran it hard using 5.56 and it ran flawlessly.

Here are some of the upgrades that I've done so far:
Geissle 3GS trigger
Magpul+ Rubber pistol grip
BCM Stock
BCM KAG
BCM Keymod Covers
Phase 5 bad lever - Yes it does fit perfectly, but it renders your AMBI mag catch almost unusable due to it's location. Though I was willing to make this trade-off since I've grown too used to being able to lock the bolt back with weak hand and leave primary on fire control during firing/loading/unloading.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for posting those.  

How was the gas blow back to your face / eyes when shooting?  

Better / same /  worse than a traditional suppressed AR15?

The first shooter in the first video without eye protection looked like he was slightly uncomfortable and had some debris in his eyes near the end.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The first shooter in the first video without eye protection looked like he was slightly uncomfortable and had some debris in his eyes near the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems to vary per person - I have to wear glasses all the time anyways, so I'm less affected than most. The short answer is there was some blowback but it was definitely the best suppressed gun I've shot as far as blowback goes. A few days earlier we shot a AAC MPW 300blk with the Omega (traditional DI gas system) that had TONS of gas blowback, it literally felt like ammonia going into your eyes, especially if you were stupid enough not to wear eyepro. Adding a PRI gas buster charging handle helped mitigate blowback to a certain degree, but not much. In one of my other videos I fired the Omega on an LMT CQB MRP piston upper. There was some blowback, not as bad as the AAC MPW, but not quite as good as the MCX.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fJuVbLEZO0

Ugh! I tried to embed the youtube video like the cooler guys on this forum but I apparently didn't do it right!
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That seems to vary per person - I have to wear glasses all the time anyways, so I'm less affected than most. The short answer is there was some blowback but it was definitely the best suppressed gun I've shot as far as blowback goes. A few days earlier we shot a AAC MPW 300blk with the Omega (traditional DI gas system) that had TONS of gas blowback, it literally felt like ammonia going into your eyes, especially if you were stupid enough not to wear eyepro. Adding a PRI gas buster charging handle helped mitigate blowback to a certain degree, but not much. In one of my other videos I fired the Omega on an LMT CQB MRP piston upper. There was some blowback, not as bad as the AAC MPW, but not quite as good as the MCX.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fJuVbLEZO0

Ugh! I tried to embed the youtube video like the cooler guys on this forum but I apparently didn't do it right!
View Quote

Thanks for the response and the video.  

That's very interesting.  

Any other pros and cons that you have seen with your MCX so far?

Have you seen the MPX review/comparison on the Military Arms Channel?    Scorpion EVO vs Sig MPX - Which would I choose?  

He really, really goes on about the gas blow back he experienced shooting the weapon.   While that is the MPX and you have the MCX, I am glad you are not experiencing the same gas issues.  
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top