Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Posted: 11/5/2014 9:59:37 PM EDT
Found this tonight while doing a search. Very interesting.
http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=SIG+SAUER&family=MCX+Series

I'll take the 9" 300 Blackout / 5.56 kit deal please!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that'd I'd complain, but I really didn't expect to see the MCX till at least this time next year.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF over? They can't even get the MPX out and now this BS with the MCX. Get your shit straight Sig, it's getting really old.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Could just be Lipsey's pulling shenanigans, and listing it to gain interest.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
All this info is incorrect. Those are nonexistant SKUs
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All this info is incorrect. Those are nonexistant SKUs
View Quote

Thanks for the confirmation. Dropping 3 new rifle designs to the market in basically a year would be quite the accomplishment.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I contacted Sig. They said those MCX prices and configurations are correct from Lipsey's. Even if the SKU numbers are incorrect.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I contacted Sig. They said those MCX prices and configurations are correct from Lipsey's. Even if the SKU numbers are incorrect.
View Quote

Any idea on a release date?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't ask, but I wouldn't count on anytime soon. Hell, I've never seen an MPX!
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I didn't ask, but I wouldn't count on anytime soon. Hell, I've never seen an MPX!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just seems odd to be passing out the info when we really haven't seen anything that I would call "official" regarding the MCX like we did with the MPX.

ETA: From Facespace

Sig Sauer: Aaron, our 2015 price list has gone to dealers for planning their SHOT Show orders. Yes, those configurations are correct.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 weeks...jk
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Sig has already said Q4 this year for the MPX and Q1 of next year for the MCX.

Nice to see some MSRP prices for the MCX. I kinda want one in .300BLK to try out the caliber. The pistol with the 5.56 kit might be in my future if my MPX impresses me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#12]
They look awesome...but $2,200 street price???  When AR pistols are selling for 1/4 that???  Don't see them selling a ton, unless another panic hits and plain jane ARs get back up to $1,000.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]
The only thing I have reservation about is the oddball 9" 5.56 bbl. A while ago they were testing 7.5", 11.5", 14.5", and 16" bbls.

9" is on the slightly too short for an SBR but slightly too long for a VSBRs. I tested a 9" 516 for a while, and it was significantly louder/more-concussive than the 10.5" (basically just as concussive as the 10.5") without being as short as a 7.5" gun. It's too short to run most cans as well.

I'm really hoping they add a 10.5" or 11.5" option. I know some people are trying to get that added to the line-up, and I really hope the decision makers at Sig listen to the guys who know what they're talking about.

If nothing else, I hope that the profile of the 16" bbl allows for the gun to be cut to shorter lengths. So long as I can get a 10.5" or 11.5" it'll replace my 11.5" SBR as my primary (topped off with a T-1, ATPIAL-C, SF Scout Fury, and my M4SDK).
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They look awesome...but $2,200 street price???  When AR pistols are selling for 1/4 that???  Don't see them selling a ton, unless another panic hits and plain jane ARs get back up to $1,000.
View Quote

Where are you getting that? Sig P716 pistols are about the same price at ~$2200 MSRP and real world price is ~$1800.

You also can't compare a brand new design being sold by the 1 manufacturer that created it  to something that has been around for decades being built by hundred of manufacturers. Scar, XCR, AUG, Tavor, ACR, FS2000 and every other non-AR15  rifle of similar design are all around this price if not a lot more. Now compare the production volume of those manufacturers with Sig. Once Sig recoups some of the tooling cost on these I can see them coming down in price a lot more and a lot quicker than any of the above rifles.

If you aren't looking to be an early adopter it might pay to wait a bit for one of these. The MPX was a lot cheaper than i expected it to be and it filled a niche in my collection so I went ahead and pre-ordered one but it will probably come down in price a bit too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I shot the MPX (pistol with brace version) yesterday and handled the MCX. The MCX had a thin billet aluminum stock that didn't seem like it would be too comfortable but otherwise felt nice. The MPX shot nicely and handled like an MP5 with AR controls. Wouldn't mind havin one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#16]
What caliber was the MCX?

Quoted:
I shot the MPX (pistol with brace version) yesterday and handled the MCX. The MCX had a thin billet aluminum stock that didn't seem like it would be too comfortable but otherwise felt nice. The MPX shot nicely and handled like an MP5 with AR controls. Wouldn't mind havin one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#17]
MCX is 5.56 and/or 300blk
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
MCX is 5.56 and/or 300blk
View Quote

And 7.62x39
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume 5.56 but I didn't shoot it so I'm not sure. It was around a 10" barrel and had a happy switch. The Sig rep had it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
WTF over? They can't even get the MPX out and now this BS with the MCX. Get your shit straight Sig, it's getting really old.
View Quote

no kidding, where are the 556xi conversion kits....   just got my form 1 back damn't...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

2 weeks...jk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 weeks...jk

Production MCXs....

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#22]
until its in the stores it is a fantasy ,vaporware
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Cabela's is supposed to receive a shipment of both the rifle and the pistol version in "kit" form, meaning the guns will come with both the 300BLK and 5.56 barrels.  They're going be priced in the low $2000 range for the package.

A search on Cabela's website shows this.

I called the closest store and the gentleman I spoke with told me the guns should actually be arriving in stores late this week/early next.  The guns are expected to be listed in a Cabela's sales flier for February 5th.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#25]
FYI. Their Facebook page says they have shipped some starting today. Still waiting for MPX info. :(
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I am cautiously optimistic about the MCX. This really looks to be a cool design. I hope Exeter does their part in manufacturing, QC/QA. Please, Sig don't bothch this up....I want an upper to use on my m16.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I will be purchasing the MCX upper in the 6.75" 300BLK option when it becomes available.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Sig Sauer MCX Rifle New Shot Show:

http://youtu.be/xmTESsfP0Ks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I will be purchasing the MCX upper in the 6.75" 300BLK option when it becomes available.
View Quote

I believe they did confirm on Instagram that they will be selling them, and not just to Mil/LE as the rep said one of the videos IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Any idea on the barrel profile? Wondering if I can cut down a 16" 5.56mm to around 11" and run an Ops Inc suppressor on it without needing a Spikes Tactical one-piece mount.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I believe they did confirm on Instagram that they will be selling them, and not just to Mil/LE as the rep said one of the videos IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I asked that question on Instagram.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they give the various bbl lengths?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joe, I just inquired about the ultra short 300BLK barrel (6.75") and if it was going to be sold to civilians. They said "yes".
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spoke with Adam who is currently working with the MCX program did mention 11.5" and 14" barrels.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#36]
We got four of them in at work on the 27th, priced at $2,099.99 each. They come with both a .300 Blackout barrel and 5.56 Barrel, along with a pretty nice hard case. They seem pretty nice in person, definitely solid feeling. Sold the first one I showed to a customer he was so impressed with it. He came in today to buy more ammo and said it is now his favorite rifle.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We got four of them in at work on the 27th, priced at $2,099.99 each. They come with both a .300 Blackout barrel and 5.56 Barrel, along with a pretty nice hard case. They seem pretty nice in person, definitely solid feeling. Sold the first one I showed to a customer he was so impressed with it. He came in today to buy more ammo and said it is now his favorite rifle.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meestermurphy/media/255BD045-5211-43D6-A003-2F66D4321E58_zpskjqc0wy3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/meestermurphy/255BD045-5211-43D6-A003-2F66D4321E58_zpskjqc0wy3.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meestermurphy/media/E53014BE-D961-45F7-9B6E-EF048B41E6FE_zpsxbpzqklw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/meestermurphy/E53014BE-D961-45F7-9B6E-EF048B41E6FE_zpsxbpzqklw.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meestermurphy/media/8693EA80-F7EC-464B-8EFE-F95CF4212CD2_zpsaat1x3oi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/meestermurphy/8693EA80-F7EC-464B-8EFE-F95CF4212CD2_zpsaat1x3oi.jpg</a>

View Quote

Trying to track down a pistol kit. That looks awesome.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone know if this rifle may be offered in 6.8?  I have no use for 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if this rifle may be offered in 6.8?  I have no use for 300 blackout.
View Quote

I was told in no uncertain terms "We'll let LWRC do 6.8". If the aftermarket picks up this rifle (and I hope they), then yes. But unless something changes at Sig, then no.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Sigs website says "ambi controls" and alludes that the BHO/release is ambi but I don't see that to be the case? Am I just blind or...?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sigs website says "ambi controls" and alludes that the BHO/release is ambi but I don't see that to be the case? Am I just blind or...?
View Quote

Ambi mag release, selectors, and charging handle are what they are referring to IIRC. The BHO/release is the only thing that isn't.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this supposed to accept their retractable stock in the future?

And whats the word on picking up their folding stock if a guy sbr's the pistol?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is this supposed to accept their retractable stock in the future?

And whats the word on picking up their folding stock if a guy sbr's the pistol?
View Quote

Yes both will be available.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I was told in no uncertain terms "We'll let LWRC do 6.8". If the aftermarket picks up this rifle (and I hope they), then yes. But unless something changes at Sig, then no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's unfortunate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Too bad they dont have the carbon fiber handguards that were on the preproduction rifles. I liked the way they looked.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Too bad they dont have the carbon fiber handguards that were on the preproduction rifles. I liked the way they looked.
View Quote

I'll agree they were better looking. But it took some serious work to get Keymod adopted, and is a better choice than the attachment system on the carbon fiber rails. However, they spent an absolute fortune on a carbon fiber production line, so I would imagine you will see CF handguards for the MCX at some point.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Are they planning on releasing a 7.62x39 only model or is it just going to be 5.56 and .300 with the availability of a 762x39 kit?

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Kinda shocked not one has hit GB yet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Kinda shocked not one has hit GB yet.
View Quote

Me too.  I've been checking every day or two to see if one pops.  I assume Osage County Guns will be listing them shortly.  They always seem to have a ton of SIG products for sale.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Picked up the "kit" from Cabelas a few hours ago.  It comes in a nice hard case with the 300 barrel installed. Also includes the 5.56 barrel, a nylon sling, magazine and a couple rails for the handguard.  Unfortunately I had to scoot back to work so I don't have anything else to mention at this point.  I'll dig into it further when I get home this evening if anyone has questions. Probably one of the first MCX's sold in Minnesota. Ha!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top