Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2014 7:16:09 AM EDT
Hi,

A photo request of photos of the left and right sides of either the Swiss made Sig-551-2 rifle or the Sig-553 pistol Upper Receiver for the final phase of my Sig-556 rifle's conversion project.  I'm hoping for photos showing the sides of the forward-end of the Sig-551-2 or the Sig-553... WITHOUT the handguards to assist the individual... Who "I" still need to find to make the cosmetically correct changes to my Sig-556 receiver.

This will be the final phase of the total conversion of my Sig-556 rifle into a Sig-551-2/LB rifle... Yes, it's not a true Sig-551-2 rifle, but its close enough for me and my "long-term" budget since in my world getting 5-6Ks together for a firearm purchase isn't going to happen since "things" of more importance WILL pop up. As for the resell value of a fully converted Sig-556 rifle, I really don't care since I have ZERO intentions of ever selling it.

At this point, this is what I've done within this conversion project;

A) Adding a Swiss made, Stamped Steel, Sig-55x Lower Receiver and pins.
B) Welding on the Sig-551 Rear Sight Assembly and adding the correct front sight
C) Adding a Swiss made Sig-551-2/LB Barrel and Swiss Sig-551-2 Gas Block
D) Adding the original Swiss Crest on the front-end of the upper receiver
E) Filling in the original Sig-556 Scope Rail's Screw Holes
F) Adding a removable Sig-55x B&T Scope Rail System

All together, this has been a 5 long year project and with all the major work now done, I'm now focused on those "little" details now... Just in time for my retirement within the next 80 days!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Email me through the board and I'll get you what you need.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are some pics I just took of my Swiss 551SB.

If you need other pics, send me a PM or post in this thread, I'll make sure to check it regularly for the next few days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top